• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Fabio Paratici - Consultant

I think the cash injection was as much, if not more, about allowing us to get our stuff done early in the window without having to wait for sales money to come in as opposed to giving us 150m on top of what can be raised.

Providing liquidity. Allowing Paratici flexibility to boss it.

Loans and having a decent size squad pre-WC, are no doubt our fall backs. If Paratici can sell Ndombele, LeCelco, Winks and Bergwjin, any other sales are a bonus more than a necessity you feel.

More than poor. Although he was only there for 2 years so not all his fault.
Just sat a twitter comment about the England u19 squad filled with Aston Villa talents in the midfield. Hopefully he can do the same for us.

Sent from my SM-T865 using Fapatalk

I think the cash injection was as much, if not more, about allowing us to get our stuff done early in the window without having to wait for sales money to come in as opposed to giving us 150m on top of what can be raised.

Could be. Is there a path to reversing that cash injection though?

Don't think the overall reaction to being promised/given a cash injection after all these years and then being told, "nah, it wasn't actually an injection to spend more" would be positive from many fans.

Think a solid net spend is still at least rather likely. If that ends up being close to £150m is a different question. What do you think?

Still very early in the window, a lot of outgoing businesses we'd like to get done. So very difficult to guess at this point.

Could be. Is there a path to reversing that cash injection though?

Don't think the overall reaction to being promised/given a cash injection after all these years and then being told, "nah, it wasn't actually an injection to spend more" would be positive from many fans.

Think a solid net spend is still at least rather likely. If that ends up being close to £150m is a different question. What do you think?

Still very early in the window, a lot of outgoing businesses we'd like to get done. So very difficult to guess at this point.
It mainly for liquidity. And of course to keep Conte around!.

We have a deficit on transfer spending, owe a lot/not owed much. Quite a chunk of that owed in the short term.

That's not necessarily a problem if that debt was built up with players that are a success and by continuation, more valuable. You're then just into squad tweak territory. That didn't happen. So when Paratici came in, not only had we spent badly, so (still) requiring an overhaul, we'd also suffered from severely reduced income. (Covid).

The £150m smooths all that out. Gives us the flexibility to chase players we want without dependency on another deal. It's an admittance that we'd like to offload the deadwood in a timely fashion but if we don't, we can roll with a half baked solution, even If financially it's not the best.

It mainly for liquidity. And of course to keep Conte around!.

We have a deficit on transfer spending, owe a lot/not owed much. Quite a chunk of that owed in the short term.

That's not necessarily a problem if that debt was built up with players that are a success and by continuation, more valuable. You're then just into squad tweak territory. That didn't happen. So when Paratici came in, not only had we spent badly, so (still) requiring an overhaul, we'd also suffered from severely reduced income. (Covid).

The £150m smooths all that out. Gives us the flexibility to chase players we want without dependency on another deal. It's an admittance that we'd like to offload the deadwood in a timely fashion but if we don't, we can roll with a half baked solution, even If financially it's not the best.

It's not for liquidity we had £147m cash in the bank. Our short term debt (paid within a year) was £57m.

FE8KrU2XwAg6BF-.jpeg

I always thought the youtube comment section was full of all the toxic mongs but since Twitter was made they have all fudged off over there and youtube comments are actually quite positive for the most part (unless youtube have a really good filter system). I only go on twitter occasionally for team news or Romano. I unfollowed all of the football pages on facebook as the comment sections wound me up.

Back