• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Circus ManUnitus - Erik's At The Wheel

If they're going to pick a team to support based on glory, why don't they just pick another team, rather than moan about a team who's only affiliation was they used to win stuff? Plenty of tickets available for City games.

I saw quite a lot of Chelsea fans become City fans a few years back. It was an easy transition to make too - just wash the shirt on a 60 cycle.

All spot on imo. Most of the quality players that they did have under Ferguson in the last season were mostly getting up there in age. Where Ferguson did incredibly well rebuilding and bringing in younger players earlier in his career that stopped towards the end. Of course related to the takeover, but still.

The other thing Ferguson did well was refresh his coaching staff. Despite his reputation as the draconian overlord, he delegated responsibility and usually had a quality assistant manager, which he changed every few years. This helped him with the workload and brought some freshness to the football. This was something Wenger failed to do.

The other thing Ferguson did well was refresh his coaching staff. Despite his reputation as the draconian overlord, he delegated responsibility and usually had a quality assistant manager, which he changed every few years. This helped him with the workload and brought some freshness to the football. This was something Wenger failed to do.

Irrespective of the effect, he didn’t choose to change his AM, they kept being offered management jobs.

I’ve seen this suggested previously, I think it’s post hoc fallacy.

Irrespective of the effect, he didn’t choose to change his AM, they kept being offered management jobs.

I’ve seen this suggested previously, I think it’s post hoc fallacy.

That doesn't change the point I made, that he usually had a quality assistant manager. And he did make changes there when he had poor seasons (e.g. bringing Queiroz back). I never said it was always his choice to make a change, so I fail to see how something not stated can be a fallacy, post hoc or otherwise.

That doesn't change the point I made, that he usually had a quality assistant manager. And he did make changes there when he had poor seasons (e.g. bringing Queiroz back). I never said it was always his choice to make a change, so I fail to see how something not stated can be a fallacy, post hoc or otherwise.

Hence why I said “I’ve seen this suggested previously”.

The success caused the change, rather than the change causing the success. It was forced on SAF most of the time.

Agreed
He always changed his coaches every few years to keep a fresh voice and new ideas
It’s where Poch made a mistake

In some ways the rot starting with Fergus spent ageing players reminds me of Poch and Spurs. It just goes to show how important consistent team renewal is. You can get way with your favourites til they get old, then suddenly it's impossible to integrate new players. Of course for us there's was the three windows of no transfers to blame. Not so for Man U who have had plenty to spend. Oh and I think Ferrgie himself won it for Man U in his last season by having lots of extremely favourable refereeing decisions.

Sent from my SM-T865 using Fapatalk

Shocking. Erik ten Hag is worse than Frank de Boer. At least Frank's excuse was Crystal Palace. There is no way with the players they have that United should be down by 4 goals. He is playing Eriksen as either 4 or 8 and then Martinez is marking Toney! LMAO!

Unless what he is doing is showing the calibre of players he has - I can't see how this ends well for him.

And yes Jose Mourinho was 100% right about United.

Thought ETH might get this ship moving in the correct direction. Like we saw ourselves with Conte . They have enough decent players but my word they are shocking . They look all over the place , the dressing room must be toxic.

Back