• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Official 2022/23 Premier League Thread

The only one out of those that is world class is Varane and even that is now debatable with his injuries last year possibly having an impact. De Gea was as well at one point, but that was 4-5 years ago, although he was very good last year. Fernandez has had one one good season and was terrible last year.
Donny Van de beek, Maguire, Wan Bissaka, Luke Shaw all decent??? I doubt any other of the top 6 teams would take them. Van de Beek struggled to get into a rubbish Everton side (although injuries didn't help), Maguire is a joke figure at this stage, Utd are looking to get rid of Wan Bissaka he's that bad.
At most they have the 6th best squad in the league.

On top of that they have no plan on transfers other than get de Jong to strengthen the side. They really need a top director of football to sort out recruitment.

The real problems at utd aren't football, it's those making decisions behind the scenes and the impact that is having on the team.

The only one out of those that is world class is Varane and even that is now debatable with his injuries last year possibly having an impact. De Gea was as well at one point, but that was 4-5 years ago, although he was very good last year. Fernandez has had one one good season and was terrible last year.
Donny Van de beek, Maguire, Wan Bissaka, Luke Shaw all decent??? I doubt any other of the top 6 teams would take them. Van de Beek struggled to get into a rubbish Everton side (although injuries didn't help), Maguire is a joke figure at this stage, Utd are looking to get rid of Wan Bissaka he's that bad.
At most they have the 6th best squad in the league.

On top of that they have no plan on transfers other than get de Jong to strengthen the side. They really need a top director of football to sort out recruitment.

I agree that there aren't a lot of world class players there.

The problem is more that they don't fit together than the individual quality of the players involved though.

I think several of those players would thrive under the right manager and in the right system. But the right system for Wan Bissaka isn't the right system for Sancho for example (imo).

They do need a top DoF, a clear plan for how they want to play and a bit of a clearout of players that are good, even very good, but don't fit into that style.

In short they need a Paratici and a Conte.

The problem is more that they don't fit together than the individual quality of the players involved though.

I think several of those players would thrive under the right manager and in the right system. But the right system for Wan Bissaka isn't the right system for Sancho for example (imo).

They do need a top DoF, a clear plan for how they want to play and a bit of a clearout of players that are good, even very good, but don't fit into that style.

A big part of the problem is that they go from a manger that plays one style of football to another that plays a totally different style and end up with a bunch of players that are either not good enough or don't fit the system or both. When buying they go for names rather than identifying what they really need. As you say, a DoF with a clear plan is needed. Hopefully it doesn't happen

This! You don't need the best players in the world to create a very good team. You need the right players that fit into a given system. United don't. The squad is unbelievable unbalanced and disjointed. Individually, the players are good, but every player needs the other players to compliment their skill set to get the best out of each other. That is Uniteds problem.

This! You don't need the best players in the world to create a very good team. You need the right players that fit into a given system. United don't. The squad is unbelievable unbalanced and disjointed. Individually, the players are good, but every player needs the other players to compliment their skill set to get the best out of each other. That is Uniteds problem.

Will be interesting to see if ten Hag find some solutions to that.

As we've seen both when Pochettino and Conte came in it's possible with a bit of good recruitment to plug a few glaring holes, find other solutions in the squad and build something with more cohesion and balance.

Not sure the signings so far are cause for optimism for United fans. If they're really after Rabiot I definitely wouldn't be optimistic if I were one of them.

To be after de Jong and end up with Rabiot. Shuddering thought. And I like aspects of Rabiot's game. He just seems like one of those perennially talented, but ultimately not going to be a solution for anything players.

Utd, as a club, aren't interested in players, they want names. Its all about staying relevant and not about being competitive.

Which is kept buoyant if they are in the public eye, its easier to buy headlines than win trophies.

Signing ronaldo boosted their share price by £212m.

They seem to have backed off from this now and are backing the manager. Not sure though that rabiot and arnautovic arethe right calls. Although eriksen and martinez were probably utds better players on the weekend.

Shhhh. Stop saying the quiet bit out loud.

Last edited:
Shhhh. Stop saying the quiet but out loud.

Sorry, meant Tim Sherwood, the true tactical and strategical genius behind our rise under Pochettino.

Hear he's actually working as a consultant for Paratici now, the relationship with Levy is broken, but Paratici knows Sherwood is the only man he can trust. So until someone else picks him up Paratici is using him behind Levy's back. Lewis knows too so he's funding it in secret.

Romero, Kulusevski, Bentancur, Conte... All Sherwood. He's even given tactical lessons to Conte a couple of months after he came here, that's when our form really improved.

Whoever picks him up next will be absolutely set for the next decade or even longer.

Sorry, meant Tim Sherwood, the true tactical and strategical genius behind our rise under Pochettino.

Hear he's actually working as a consultant for Paratici now, the relationship with Levy is broken, but Paratici knows Sherwood is the only man he can trust. So until someone else picks him up Paratici is using him behind Levy's back. Lewis knows too so he's funding it in secret.

Romero, Kulusevski, Bentancur, Conte... All Sherwood. He's even given tactical lessons to Conte a couple of months after he came here, that's when our form really improved.

Whoever picks him up next will be absolutely set for the next decade or even longer.
Somewhere in Tim Sherwood's mum's basement, there's an ex-Spurs caretaker manager nodding and agreeing with every word you said.

Could be crucial for the sack race this one. Or it's a hard fought draw that both can spin to their advantage.

Back