• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Spanish Football Thread

Alonso supposed going to Barca now.
So Barca must be giving assurances to players that they'll get registered. These are players that want to play, not just get pay.

Alonso supposed going to Barca now.
So Barca must be giving assurances to players that they'll get registered. These are players that want to play, not just get pay.

The article i posted said they still have the option to sell 49% of their merch rights. The offer is open till august 13th and can be triggered any time before then. I'm guessing this would put them in the black but they'd prefer to sell players.

I cant imagine a situation where a British club was not paying a player something in his contract and them being allowed to sign other players.

They have to pay him, they have no choice. Uefa would just take it out of their cl money then punish them.

They are trying to get him to either
1/ leave.
2/ go back to his old contract so they don't have to pay his deffered wages.

Looks like chelsea might make a deal though.

They have to pay him, they have no choice. Uefa would just take it out of their cl money then punish them.

They are trying to get him to either
1/ leave.
2/ go back to his old contract so they don't have to pay his deffered wages.

Looks like chelsea might make a deal though.
Their blackmailing and abusing him
It’s awful

You could partly understand it if they had no money. But they are buying players left right and centre, it's an insult. Would be overjoyed if they couldn't register them.
They don’t have the money for the players they are buying… it’s all klarna

Interesting.
Orpheus Media is owned by the Catalan businessman Jaume Roures, who also helped Barca president Joan Laporta come up with the guarantee to become the club's president in March 2021.

Nothing dodgy about that is there?
Not more than Madrid municipality buying Real Madrids training ground for €500m, then selling it back to Real Madrid a few years later for €1. Its all fudged up, and these clubs will always find a way. They are institutions, and FIFA, UEFA, the associations and government don't have the balls to punish them and let them go bankrupt.

Not more than Madrid municipality buying Real Madrids training ground for €500m, then selling it back to Real Madrid a few years later for €1. Its all fudged up, and these clubs will always find a way. They are institutions, and FIFA, UEFA, the associations and government don't have the balls to punish them and let them go bankrupt.
Real have been called out for years on that, the whole world knows they’re corrupt and they get criticized for it. Barca and their fans have tried to claim the moral high ground all the time but the reality is they are no better, they’re finally getting exposed and criticized as well.

Real and barca have both been done by the ecj for state aid and fined. Barcas old president has been arrested.

Why are their members not up in arms about this. To me this is a blatant cash grap.

To me this is what's happened (not excusing the previous board who have been arrested).

- Covid happened. Lot of short term debt. So got players to defer wages.
- New elections. Laporta financed by orpheus (who also own mediapro, that destoyed french football) wins.
- Laporta announces financial doom. Starts selling barca assets to orpheus and others, while pointing at the shiny new players he's bringing in.
- trying to stiff de jong and others in the process.

There needs to be a full investigation of this.

An interesting read over the last few pages.
So where did it all end up?
Did Frenkie get paid, did he stay?
Did Barca sign their players?
Did Barca sell 25 years of rights?

That is crazy, I've been working for 26 years. When I started work we didn't have the internet, nor email, nor even a network. Just basic computers with basic Windows and File Manager. We had to walk from desk to desk to hand each other a 3.5" disk.
To be honest I can't even remember doing that, but I know we did it. I remember having a plastic case full of 3.5" disks that were the ongoing projects and the backup for the last few years.
I had to take the box of disks home to keep them safely stored offsite.
We used to print things out onto acetate and then drive into London to put the acetates onto overhead projectors to debrief our findings to clients.
That is what Barca have sold. The world will change massively in 25 years.

Back