• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Chris Sutton predicts...

Jordinho

Ron Henry
Staff member
Chelsea v Tottenham (16:30)

Chelsea love playing Spurs - they beat them four times last season, and Tottenham have only beaten them once in the league at Stamford Bridge since February 1990.

Spurs boss Antonio Conte was in charge of Chelsea for that defeat - in April 2018 - but I have a sneaky feeling he will enjoy this meeting a lot more.

Chelsea got a good win at Everton, but the way they got it was not particularly pretty. If they are slightly off it again on Sunday, they won't get away with it.

Tottenham, meanwhile, were devastating in attack against Southampton and I am expecting more of the same from them here.

Add in Conte going back to Stamford Bridge, and I am going to go with Spurs to take the points.

They took the game to Saints anyway, but they also counter-attack so well when that turnover happens. When they get the ball into Kane with runners off him, they are so hard to stop.

Sutton's prediction: 1-2

BBC have found a new man to give money to in exchange for biased score predictions. Some lovely reverse psychology this week though.

Twunt or not?

Chelsea v Tottenham (16:30)

Chelsea love playing Spurs - they beat them four times last season, and Tottenham have only beaten them once in the league at Stamford Bridge since February 1990.

Spurs boss Antonio Conte was in charge of Chelsea for that defeat - in April 2018 - but I have a sneaky feeling he will enjoy this meeting a lot more.

Chelsea got a good win at Everton, but the way they got it was not particularly pretty. If they are slightly off it again on Sunday, they won't get away with it.

Tottenham, meanwhile, were devastating in attack against Southampton and I am expecting more of the same from them here.

Add in Conte going back to Stamford Bridge, and I am going to go with Spurs to take the points.

They took the game to Saints anyway, but they also counter-attack so well when that turnover happens. When they get the ball into Kane with runners off him, they are so hard to stop.

Sutton's prediction: 1-2
Two-one-t.

Week 1:
Tottenham v Southampton

There is a lot of excitement around Tottenham, but then it is the same at the start of every season.

I know Richarlison is suspended for this game but it is going to be interesting to see how he fits into their team after joining from Everton.

Dejan Kulusevski did really well after arriving in January and we know how good Son Heung-Min and Harry Kane are, so I don't know how Antonio Conte will fit them all into his team. Still, it's not a bad problem to have.

In contrast to the what is expected from Spurs, a lot of people seem to be predicting Southampton will get relegated.

But Saints seem to get written off every season and then prove people wrong.

They have suffered some heavy defeats in recent years but they have also picked up some impressive results under Ralph Hasenhuttl - they drew home and away with Emirates Marketing Project in the league last season and also won at Conte's Spurs.

I don't see a repeat of that result on Saturday, though. Instead, I'm going for the old Kane and Son one-two to get the job done for Spurs again.

In 2020-21, those two broke the record for themost goal/assist combinations that myself and Alan Shearer held from our Blackburn days, and they remain very hard to stop. They still haven't won the Premier League though, have they?

Sutton's prediction: 2-1

Twunt.

Tottenham v Wolves (12:30 BST)
I was a bit disappointed with Tottenham's performance against Chelsea last weekend.

Spurs showed good character to come back and get a draw, but that result was more to do with poor refereeing decisions and luck as far as I could see.

Wolves have signed Portugal forward Goncalo Guedes from Valencia to try to increase their goal threat, but he couldn't make much difference when he came on against Fulham last week.

Bruno Lage's side's biggest issue last year was they didn't score enough goals, despite having some very talented players.

Tottenham clearly don't have that problem. It will be interesting to see if Antonio Conte starts with Richarlison this time, but either way they will have too much firepower for Wolves to handle.

Sutton's prediction: 3-1

horSisclamt

Yes that is all I have. I don’t mind Chris - liked him as a player- not sure how he got this gig.

horSisclamt

Yes that is all I have. I don’t mind Chris - liked him as a player- not sure how he got this gig.
I will never forget the headline after we got our points back in the whole financial irregularities saga in the mid 90s - we had the fine increased to £5m from £1.5m and the six points returned to us we were due to be docked.

It was "NOW GET ME SUTTON".

He joined Blackburn sadly, but for a while I dreamed.

I will never forget the headline after we got our points back in the whole financial irregularities saga in the mid 90s - we had the fine increased to £5m from £1.5m and the six points returned to us we were due to be docked.

It was "NOW GET ME SUTTON".

He joined Blackburn sadly, but for a while I dreamed.
Didn't the rest of the league share our fine?

Nottingham Forest v Tottenham (16:30)
I like the way Forest have started. They have spent a lot of money and you can look at that in different ways, if you are Forest supporter you are thinking the owner is showing great intent.

They have a good manager in Steve Cooper but this type of team might play right into Spurs' hands.

I've not been disappointed in Spurs, but I think they got away with it at Chelsea and beat Wolves narrowly last week thanks to Harry Kane's goal. They haven't been flowing - Son Heung-min is in my fantasy team and needs to get into gear.

But Forest at home will try and take the game to Spurs and that might suit Antonio Conte's side.

Sutton's prediction: 0-5

Twunt! Bring back Lawro

Tottenham v Arsenal (16:30)
I am looking forward to this game and it will be interesting enough just to watch the technical areas when Antonio Conte and Mikel Arteta are both out there.

I don't think Conte will appreciate Arteta's antics if he behaves like he did in Arsenal's draw with Saudi Sportswashing Machine, so that will be worth keeping an eye on.

On the pitch, it might be far less of a contest. Arsenal are a much better team, and for most of the season Tottenham's performances have just not been good enough.

Spurs might step things up here, of course, because it means so much to both sets of fans that they won't be able to just lie down - but I've had enough of saying they will turn the corner soon, and I'm sick of Conte's excuses when they play poorly. They don't deserve me to predict a positive result for them.

I think a lot of Tottenham fans are sick and tired of Conte's brand of football too - they are bland and unexciting, while Arsenal are the complete opposite, even with Gabriel Jesus out injured.

I can see the Gunners making a big statement on Sunday, on Tottenham's own patch.

Sutton's prediction: 0-3

Back