• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer thread

valencia in for him too. didn't know he speaks fluent spanish, it makes sense with his style of play he will do well there.
http://sportwitness.co.uk/tottenham...de-signing-contes-man-works-financially-club/
No he won't. In Spain the expectations of a passing midfielder are higher than they are in England. Winks would be an awful buy for any team that regularly sits in the top half of La Liga. He might be ok for a relegation battler but that's much the same as in the PL.

Theres little interest simply because as a player he doesn't offer a great deal. He's not exceptional in an area and rather mediocre in all of them.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

I dont have a problem with that, what is the point of spending time on players you are not going to use, better to give your full attention to those you are going to play. I believe you should sit down and explain to those players why you are doing it.

I dont have a problem with that, what is the point of spending time on players you are not going to use, better to give your full attention to those you are going to play. I believe you should sit down and explain to those players why you are doing it.

It's still important to show everyone, particularly the rest of the squad, that loyalty works both ways. You've got the treat people with dignity. It's always a marker of an employer how they treat for example people retiring. Are they actively supported through it, or does someone random just come up to them one day and take away their swipe card.

It's still important to show everyone, particularly the rest of the squad, that loyalty works both ways. You've got the treat people with dignity. It's always a marker of an employer how they treat for example people retiring. Are they actively supported through it, or does someone random just come up to them one day and take away their swipe card.

Like all things related to the team we have no insight to what has gone on, only the drip feed of horsebrick that comes out on clickbait. As I wrote earlier these matters should have a procedure. The loyalty horse bolted years ago, this is a market economy and any snowflakes can fudge off.

https://www.espn.com/soccer/tottenh...tial-signings-foolish-to-overhaul-whole-squad

Does this mean Destiny was our last bit of business? I don't think we'll be seeing any more incomings tbh, seems like Conte is saying that we're at the limits of this particular transfer window.

If we we offload a few (at least 5) before the window closes and someone comes available yes we can buy. We have the money just we also haave 30 players when the limit is 25. Covid means lots of clubs sre in financial trouble. There are also a lot that need to shift players (think chelsea have 32). So the last week of the window might be absolute madness.

If we we offload a few (at least 5) before the window closes and someone comes available yes we can buy. We have the money just we also haave 30 players when the limit is 25. Covid means lots of clubs sre in financial trouble. There are also a lot that need to shift players (think chelsea have 32). So the last week of the window might be absolute madness.
In terms of limits, I mean limits of an overhaul and not squad registration as per the article. Too many new faces in can be just as bad as no transfer business at all. Talks of having a strong squad but also warns about transfer mistakes. For once, it's a pleasant change to hear our manager talking about how we got the business done "in such a short time."

In terms of limits, I mean limits of an overhaul and not squad registration as per the article. Too many new faces in can be just as bad as no transfer business at all. Talks of having a strong squad but also warns about transfer mistakes. For once, it's a pleasant change to hear our manager talking about how we got the business done "in such a short time."

Agree. But he's also not shoving them straight into the team. They're having to earn their place. But the players we've bought so far seem like they could. Bissouma and richarlison know the prem. Both experienced. Perisic knows contes system. Forster and spence nothing much is expected straight away. Harmony of the squad seems great. Laughing, joking, flying kites. Had a full preseason together.

If someone worthwhile comes available think we'd go for it. Zaniolo seems to have cooled and mourinho looks like he wants to keep him. But there are a lot of players that contracts are running down. Teams with too many players (us included). No rush. But think something will happen.

I reckon we are fine as we are now for incomings, concentrate on outgoings, knowing that the winter window we will be ready to go back to the market and a fresh face then could be a good boost at the right time to push us on.

I reckon we are fine as we are now for incomings, concentrate on outgoings, knowing that the winter window we will be ready to go back to the market and a fresh face then could be a good boost at the right time to push us on.

Seems like all the required outs will be sorted soon enough. N'Dombele to Napoli, Lo Celso to Villareal, Gil seems to be attracting some loan bids, Winks and Reggie seem to be holding out to see if anything interesting comes up but I'm sure their options will become clearer closer to the deadline.

Back