• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Destiny Udogie

Interesting to see if he goes for Nigeria or Italy when he becomes a senior ..

Have a feeling that things may change with acon. Teams may refuse to pay salaries of players that go. Napoli have said they will no longer sign players that take part. Changing the dates again to have it during the season has tinkled off a lot of clubs it seems.

Have a feeling that things may change with acon. Teams may refuse to pay salaries of players that go. Napoli have said they will no longer sign players that take part. Changing the dates again to have it during the season has tinkled off a lot of clubs it seems.
African players may refuse to play for such clubs and African FAs could also refuse to grant clearance for such. Would countries want players that only want to show up in the world cup? Would players want to be blocked from playing in the AFCON? Imagine Liverpool trying to block Mane or Salah? Now that Tottenham has signed Bissouma. I would be very disappointed if we tried to stop him playing for his country ditto Pape Sarr. No one is forcing European clubs to buy African players.

Besides the change in dates was forced by the UEFA clubs. I have always wanted us to keep it at the start of the year. When it was changed, UEFA clubs started complaining that players weren't resting enough. The AFCON was also then competing with other tournaments. Now it is changed back, clubs are complaining.

To me, I am not with the clubs. I have far more desire to watch my nation play than the club. I await the day when our national economies and leagues are strong enough so that people don't migrate.

No brainer isn’t it?
Not really. It depends. I would pick Nigeria but it depends on how strong the national ties are at home. David Alaba strongly wanted to play for Nigeria but the administration then were greedy selfish idiots. Extremely short sighted.

African players may refuse to play for such clubs and African FAs could also refuse to grant clearance for such. Would countries want players that only want to show up in the world cup? Would players want to be blocked from playing in the AFCON? Imagine Liverpool trying to block Mane or Salah? Now that Tottenham has signed Bissouma. I would be very disappointed if we tried to stop him playing for his country ditto Pape Sarr. No one is forcing European clubs to buy African players.

Besides the change in dates was forced by the UEFA clubs. I have always wanted us to keep it at the start of the year. When it was changed, UEFA clubs started complaining that players weren't resting enough. The AFCON was also then competing with other tournaments. Now it is changed back, clubs are complaining.

To me, I am not with the clubs. I have far more desire to watch my nation play than the club. I await the day when our national economies and leagues are strong enough so that people don't migrate.

No it was meant to be the summer. For the second time in a row it has changed back to beginning of the year during the season. The clubs aren't happy about it. Napolis owner has said he won't buy players that will play in it anymore. Other murmurings have clubs saying they are looking at not paying players wages while they are playing the tournament. Nobody has said they wouldn't let players play in it. It would be up to the players if they want to lose a months wages or if the countries pick up those wages.

No it was meant to be the summer. For the second time in a row it has changed back to beginning of the year during the season. The clubs aren't happy about it. Napolis owner has said he won't buy players that will play in it anymore. Other murmurings have clubs saying they are looking at not paying players wages while they are playing the tournament. Nobody has said they wouldn't let players play in it. It would be up to the players if they want to lose a months wages or if the countries pick up those wages.

It was played in the summer in Egypt 2019. Summer is also the rainy season in Africa.

It is wrong to ask players (whom you were aware had national caps or are African) to choose between their salary and playing for their country. It has the same effect as asking them to not play.

I hope such clubs are called out. And yes those crappy clubs should refrain from signing African players. The AFCON didn't drop from the sky.

It was played in the summer in Egypt 2019. Summer is also the rainy season in Africa.

It is wrong to ask players (whom you were aware had national caps or are African) to choose between their salary and playing for their country. It has the same effect as asking them to not play.

I hope such clubs are called out. And yes those crappy clubs should refrain from signing African players. The AFCON didn't drop from the sky.

Yes it was played in summer in 2019. The one just gone was meant to be played in the summer but was moved to the beginning of the year. The next one was meant to be in the summer but has been moved to jan.

I'm not getting into the rights or wrongs of it. Jußt saying it might be something udogie needs to consider if he has the choice to represent italy or nigeria.

Good for you, i'm the opposite, no interest in international football at all.
But it's refreshing to hear people that have such feelings for not only their national team but their continent.
Its time some of FAs stood up for themselves.

But it's refreshing to hear people that have such feelings for not only their national team but their continent.

The esl court case should determine what level of power fifa and uefa actually are legally allowed to have.

My feelings have changed to be honest, i used to love watching international football until the Sven ( Wag) circus game along. Since then i have never really bothered with it.

It's boring. Trying not to lose rather than trying to win.

C an not disagree with that, i am probably going to shock a few by saying this but here goes. I think a lot of modern football is more about not losing and passing the ball back and forward then actually getting the ball forward. It started with the Barcelona " tippy tappy" way of playing and its seems to have taken hold.

I love football but sometimes i feel like drifting off to sleep watching some of the games today.

I can't dance with that, i am probably going to shock a few by saying this but here goes. I think a lot of modern football is more about not losing and passing the ball back and forward then actually getting the ball forward. It started with the Barcelona " tippy tappy" way of playing and its seems to have taken hold.

I love football but sometimes i feel like drifting off to sleep watching some of the games today.

Been saying it for ages. It's why i love conte. Sit back, when you get the ball attack with pace and meaning.

C an not disagree with that, i am probably going to shock a few by saying this but here goes. I think a lot of modern football is more about not losing and passing the ball back and forward then actually getting the ball forward. It started with the Barcelona " tippy tappy" way of playing and its seems to have taken hold.

Watching Emirates Marketing Project versus most opponents is a bore fest just waiting for them to pass them to death before the inevitable win.

Can the clubs refuse to pay wages? Unless their contracts state they won’t be played whilst away on international duty I’m not sure if they could do that? Especially if it’s only related to players in one competition.

Can the clubs refuse to pay wages? Unless their contracts state they won’t be played whilst away on international duty I’m not sure if they could do that? Especially if it’s only related to players in one competition.

As i said in the other post the esl court case could decide a lot. How much power uefa and fifa have. Are their rules legally binding? If not then why would clubs want to pay the wages of players that they are deprived use of during the season (for that period)? If african nations want to use them then they can pay their wages or the players don't get paid. Even other nations during international breaks.

It should be considered by clubs when signing contracts. But if the tournaments keep being moved to middle of the season, then they can't.

Back