• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Politics, politics, politics (so long and thanks for all the fish)

Even someone capable of believing his kind of economic policies is too intelligent to say something like that out loud.

Judge people by their actions, not their words.

Knew you would not be able to find any.

As opposed to Johnson, who has a whole swag of racist comments to his name. But he's okay.

Knew you would not be able to find any.

As opposed to Johnson, who has a whole swag of racist comments to his name. But he's okay.
No, he's not OK at all.

Not sure why you're narrowing your criteria in such a manner though. A person could walk around killing anyone Jewish out of sheer hatred but never say anything vocally against them - that wouldn't be OK either.

No, he's not OK at all.

Not sure why you're narrowing your criteria in such a manner though. A person could walk around killing anyone Jewish out of sheer hatred but never say anything vocally against them - that wouldn't be OK either.

But you comment on Corbyn...strange that.

so you cant get a fixed rate gas price deal pretty much.

the Energy crisis is absolutely bonkers, glad our Government are finding ways to solve it.

No, he's not OK at all.

Which would be evidence of murder and, if it's solely/mostly Jews, anti-Semitism.

Where is the evidence re; Corbyn? It's a valid question.

Which would be evidence of murder and, if it's solely/mostly Jews, anti-Semitism.

Where is the evidence re; Corbyn? It's a valid question.
Allowing anti-semitism to become rife in his own party, refusing to take action against those showing such tendencies, willingly platform sharing with those making actively anti-semitic statements and (amongst many other issues) this:

The market price is so volatile no company would want to risk it. Yes, they could offer you a deal but then it would be at a level that you would never accept.

so we need an intervention, we're at a stalemate? What i do know is we need government intervention otherwise millions of people being unable to pay their bills as energy companies continue to make billions in profit

so we need an intervention, we're at a stalemate? What i do know is we need government intervention otherwise millions of people being unable to pay their bills as energy companies continue to make billions in profit
OFGEM will set a price cap.

That will be carefully matched between the need for consumers to get value and the ability for energy suppliers to stay afloat. There's plenty the govt should be doing (or should have done ages ago) but that revolves around increasing our ability to create our own resources and will take years to come to fruition.

OFGEM will set a price cap.

That will be carefully matched between the need for consumers to get value and the ability for energy suppliers to stay afloat. There's plenty the govt should be doing (or should have done ages ago) but that revolves around increasing our ability to create our own resources and will take years to come to fruition.
The usual, it takes a catastrophe to shift the needle, focus minds and get things done.

Too add, this is a subject that should easily obtain cross party consensus (not the short term price crunch BUT the overall strategy of energy security, production and consumption)

Allowing anti-semitism to become rife in his own party, refusing to take action against those showing such tendencies, willingly platform sharing with those making actively anti-semitic statements and (amongst many other issues) this:

I don't see that comment as an endorsement of anti antisemitism at all, more like a very naive endorsement of freedom of expression. A politically stupid thing to do, but not proof that Corbyn endorses the content of the mural. Is that all you've got?

Corbyn is not consciously antisemitic, but what he thinks of as anti-imperialism takes priority over everything else, which means that he happily befriends and champions diehard antisemites like Raed Salah, and when those antisemites are called out as such by the UK commentariat, he blames a “Zionist lobby” for controlling the narrative, which is a classic antisemitic trope.

His leadership is a lasting stain on the Labour party’s reputation, but Starmer has done a pretty good exorcism job, and hopefully Magic Grandpa will never get his membership card back.

Corbyn is not consciously antisemitic, but what he thinks of as anti-imperialism takes priority over everything else, which means that he happily befriends and champions diehard antisemites like Raed Salah, and when those antisemites are called out as such by the UK commentariat, he blames a “Zionist lobby” for controlling the narrative, which is a classic antisemitic trope.

His leadership is a lasting stain on the Labour party’s reputation, but Starmer has done a pretty good exorcism job, and hopefully Magic Grandpa will never get his membership card back.

I think he is, but he’s let the mask slip at times.

He would have been a very dangerous PM.

The usual, it takes a catastrophe to shift the needle, focus minds and get things done.

Too add, this is a subject that should easily obtain cross party consensus (not the short term price crunch BUT the overall strategy of energy security, production and consumption)

I think the government are doing a reasonable job on longer term energy security, of course they could and should be doing a lot more.

We're the world leader in installed offshore wind capacity and by 2030 will still comfortable be in the top few countries with more capacity planned than both the US and China. At present 25% off all our electricity comes from wind.

I want us to be much more self sufficient though, we should be investing big in home insulation, better boilers, heat pumps as well as building up more capacity in renewable and nuclear.

If we can fund a lot more research then we can get a headstart in the manufacturing of a lot of this tech as well which will bring decent paying jobs.

Everything considered, I think he would have been preferable to Johnson, who anyway has all the prejudices of his tribe in spades.

I’m not sure, Johnson and his cadre are bad as they are corrupt and incompetent.

Corbyn’s ideology would have seen him attack certain groups just because of who they are.

The Russians bought their influence over the Tories, I think what they get for free from Corbyn would have been worse.

I think the government are doing a reasonable job on longer term energy security, of course they could and should be doing a lot more.

We're the world leader in installed offshore wind capacity and by 2030 will still comfortable be in the top few countries with more capacity planned than both the US and China. At present 25% off all our electricity comes from wind.

I want us to be much more self sufficient though, we should be investing big in home insulation, better boilers, heat pumps as well as building up more capacity in renewable and nuclear.

If we can fund a lot more research then we can get a headstart in the manufacturing of a lot of this tech as well which will bring decent paying jobs.

Uruguay reached 98% renewables in 2020. And they don't have obvious natural advantages say like Norway does with their hydro. They just had a will, whereas the only motivation in this country is to make the shareholders of amenity companies as rich as possible.

We're the only country left in the world now with a privatised water system, which is pretty shocking (but explains all the sewage dumping and ecological damage).

Back