• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Cricket Thread

Very lucky Northerners against Essex so far
They skied a few didn’t they, but can’t argue at the result really. We got off to a good start with the bat but then lost our way.

i think QF was about par for this Essex side, can’t be too disappointed. Sams was an awful overseas pick, would have been dropped weeks ago if he was home grown. As we saw with Delport the right pick here can transform a side.

Got a good shallacking in that first twenty20! Roy looked like he’d never held a bat before!

Very weak bowling line up for England, I just dont see Curran as a bowler at international level, bowls too many 4 balls and is totally reliant on conditions, good county player. Topley isnt consistent neither is Mills. We have too many fast bowlers made of porcelain.

How do any of these expert, ex-players get a job as pundits, just listened to "Butch" telling me how the England last 3 batsmen were not looking to score quickly, ignoring the golden rule of using up your overs, then how this score would be a walk in the park again forgetting the old adage you never know wants going to happen until the other team bat.

Not at all interested either - I would not watch it if it were on terrestrial tv for nowt.

And to put that into perspective I went to a royal London one day county game last week.
It's on BBC2 tonight
I don't mind the 50 over games at least you see a proper length game

Back