• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Is NWHL Intimidating?

SpurMeUp

Jimmy Cantrell
What are our home stats like/ after the first settling-in season?

Do you think TH Stadium is an intimidating place for opposition teams?

The Woolwich game was, but very nervy against Burnley despite a good effort from the wall, on Saturday the sound grew and I noticed on MOTD and Sky commentators had a hard job speaking over sound.

There are surges of sound. It used to have moments last season where the crowd were silenced and things felt quiet, by contrast. Can feel on/off with sound and atmosphere sometimes.

But seeing Salasu was it, dink the ball into his own net, there is no doubt that under Conte with our sheer stands it can be an intimidating place. Hopefully we keep the good vibes up.

also maybe some season ticket holders who were more suited to watching on TV have found out they are more comfortable at home watching and let other more vocal fans in?

It's not only about the noise but the style of the stadium can have an impact as well, I've not done the tour yet to be down at pitch level but the stands are pretty steep which looks imposing to players and can have effects from kick off. I remember doing the Bernabeau stadium tour a few years back and you walk down the tunnel and the stands are stuck right on top of each other - looks super steep and right. Can imagine how that must feel walking out for a big game with it full.

Our form/trajectory since moving in to NWHL hasn’t been great and there’s been no feel good factor until the last few months of last season under Conte. I feel like the Goons at home was a turning point and I’m expecting the atmosphere to really pick up this season.

I can't agree with that comment on stay at home if you dont chant, despite my problems with arthritis I love going to games but dont join in with all the chants particularly the infantile "stand up if you hate Woolwich" or offensive stuff as I've been with my kids and grandkids. We all show our support in different ways. I'd throw out anyone booing our team or players.

My Mrs was at the new lane for the first time on Saturday. She was amazed by the stadium, everything about it. She is still going on about the noise level, she said that she felt as if she'd just been to a concert. And we were in the Paxton!

It’s the most intimidating ground you could get…for the right games…. Just ask Arsenal
You are not getting that vibe every game but I think it will get better and better now with more efforts to do things to create the atmosphere

It's not only about the noise but the style of the stadium can have an impact as well, I've not done the tour yet to be down at pitch level but the stands are pretty steep which looks imposing to players and can have effects from kick off. I remember doing the Bernabeau stadium tour a few years back and you walk down the tunnel and the stands are stuck right on top of each other - looks super steep and right. Can imagine how that must feel walking out for a big game with it full.

Was at the bernabau when we lost. Was in with the madrid fans. The noise was almost painful.

Was at the bernabau when we lost. Was in with the madrid fans. The noise was almost painful.
The game crouch got sent off?
I was too… started quite loud and then they got bored in my bit and started eating nuts none stop, was weird

we were really close to the pitch and you could smell the grass

Last edited:
The game crouch got sent off?
I was too… started quite loud and then they got bored in my but and started eating nuts nine stop, was weird

we were really close to the pitch and you could smell the grass

I was at the top by the halfway line.

Back