• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Circus ManUnitus - Erik's At The Wheel

Watched the Brentford 2-1 man U game and Martinez is tiny. Fred too. Eriksen was class pinging the ball to his will but no chemistry with Fernandes. Cr7 lifted the team when he came on. McTominay is a thug and Sancho is overrated. Game #1 but it looks its going to be a tough season if things don't change.

Sent from my SM-S908E using Fapatalk

Not surprising if it takes time for ten Hag to instill a system into that lot. Probably still will do some more transfer business too. But good to see them struggling a bit from the off.

Could come good, a lot of talent there, but a big step up for ten Hag to a new league and a club with long lasting problems.

Didn't watch the game, but the balance of that midfield, including attacking midfield, doesn't look right.

There was a poster prophesizing about how Utd were going to be a force this season and play the best brand of football, perhaps the discussion was on a different thread as I can't find it on this thread, it's absolutely early days and things can be turned around but it just seems like continuation of the turmoil at this stage..

Spent the summer chasing a player who verbally has stated he doesn't want to move to Utd, with another awkward saga surrounding the 37 year old nostalgia PR sensation pretty much lamenting his decision to return eating up 450k + pw of the budget, souring the romance and not being hugely wanted in the current setup.

Transfer strategy seemingly was to target either Dutch or Ajax players but now desperation has seemingly made genuine targets of Rabiot or racists who did just about okay for Stoke and West Ham half a decade ago...It's such a rare and delightful feeling having got the majority of our business dome and now being able to sit back and watch "top" clubs scrambling around.

Started a new season with the tried and trusted powerhouse combination of Fred / Mctominay in midfield (whilst starting an actual ball playing midfielder as a false 9, man it's going to be hard watching him suffer there this season), the best thing I could say about that partnership is that it makes our occasionally maligned combo of Winks / Sissoko look much better in comparison.

Plus a manager who is wanting to play a high line and also have Maguire as a captain of a team playing that system (?) and to play out from the back with a GK that is solely a shot stopper and players like Wan Bisakka who just don't have the technique / confidence to pull it off...It looks like he hasn't been given something to work with but once you see that Nuno thousand yard stare on the sidelines in the first home game you've got to be somewhat concerned...(if you wanted Utd to do well that is)

Mad thing was that 2 - 1 wasn't a fair reflection of the score as an absolute stonewall pen wasn't given (cue that former ref prick Dermot whoever give an absolute non explanation as to why it wasn't picked up) and probably a red for Mctominay on Caicedo.

No doubt that Brentford and Liverpool will be looking forward to playing them.

Have they just signed Rabiot? lol

Just saw someone tweet this...
Adrien Rabiot would be a statement signing from Man Utd, if that statement is ‘we have no idea what we’re doing’

Lol if they get Rabiot, I would lose all confidence in ETH.
But we've been there - its hard to get good players when not in CL and on a decline.
ETH should do a paratic and buy many half price upcoming players with an agenda to prove themselves, not big name signings.

There was a poster prophesizing about how Utd were going to be a force this season and play the best brand of football, perhaps the discussion was on a different thread as I can't find it on this thread, it's absolutely early days and things can be turned around but it just seems like continuation of the turmoil at this stage..

Spent the summer chasing a player who verbally has stated he doesn't want to move to Utd, with another awkward saga surrounding the 37 year old nostalgia PR sensation pretty much lamenting his decision to return eating up 450k + pw of the budget, souring the romance and not being hugely wanted in the current setup.

Transfer strategy seemingly was to target either Dutch or Ajax players but now desperation has seemingly made genuine targets of Rabiot or racists who did just about okay for Stoke and West Ham half a decade ago...It's such a rare and delightful feeling having got the majority of our business dome and now being able to sit back and watch "top" clubs scrambling around.

Started a new season with the tried and trusted powerhouse combination of Fred / Mctominay in midfield (whilst starting an actual ball playing midfielder as a false 9, man it's going to be hard watching him suffer there this season), the best thing I could say about that partnership is that it makes our occasionally maligned combo of Winks / Sissoko look much better in comparison.

Plus a manager who is wanting to play a high line and also have Maguire as a captain of a team playing that system (?) and to play out from the back with a GK that is solely a shot stopper and players like Wan Bisakka who just don't have the technique / confidence to pull it off...It looks like he hasn't been given something to work with but once you see that Nuno thousand yard stare on the sidelines in the first home game you've got to be somewhat concerned...(if you wanted Utd to do well that is)

Mad thing was that 2 - 1 wasn't a fair reflection of the score as an absolute stonewall pen wasn't given (cue that former ref prick Dermot whoever give an absolute non explanation as to why it wasn't picked up) and probably a red for Mctominay on Caicedo.

No doubt that Brentford and Liverpool will be looking forward to playing them.
Yep
He was an ETH fan
The best coaches can’t turn around weak players

My brother supports Man U and he is beside himself. I listened to a Man U podcast yesterday with him and the gist of it was they think De Jong won't come and Rabiot is the best they can get instead, they have multiple other unaddressed needs, the Glazers paid themselves 11 mill, and 1/2 to 3/4 of the current squad isn't good enough. And the talk of Arnoutovic did not cheer anyone up. I tried to be sympathetic.

Last edited:
My brother supports Man U and he is beside himself. I listened to a Man U podcast yesterday with him and the gist of it was they think De Jong won't come and Rabiot is the best they can get instead, they have multiple other unaddressed needs, the Glazers paid themselves 11 mill, and 12 to 3/4 of the current squad isn't good enough. And the talk of Arnoutovic did not cheer anyone up. I tried to be sympathetic.

Don't try too hard.

Back