• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Nico Zaniolo

81 games? He has been there a while hasn’t he? His injured days must over power his non injured days surely?

81 games? He has been there a while hasn’t he? His injured days must over power his non injured days surely?

He's been at Roma for 4 seasons but the 20-21 season didn't happen. He played 27, 26 and 28 games in the 3 seasons that happened.

Where are you getting your data from?

A combination of Whoscored and Understat. (Whoscored breaks down starts and subs, and says what positions the player played in this season. Understat just has minutes played, but says what positions the player played in for every season).

So quite similar numbers to Moura or Lamela then

Yep, and watching videos of him you can see he's very similar to them. Likes his tricks and flicks, scores some nice goals, runs in to dead ends, tries to beat 5 players and not a great deal of end product.

Great and frustrating to watch in equal parts.

Yep, and watching videos of him you can see he's very similar to them. Likes his tricks and flicks, scores some nice goals, runs in to dead ends, tries to beat 5 players and not a great deal of end product.

Great and frustrating to watch in equal parts.
I’ve seen quite a bit of him
He reminds me more of Bale
He isn’t as good go course but he plays a similar way
I don’t think I’ve seen him play as dumb as you describe TBH

Actually he really does remind me to lamela when he was at Roma
From the bits and pieces I have seen of Zaniolo he seems FAR stronger than Lamela, faster than Lamela, less one footed than Lamela (though to be fair there I doubt there is a player in World football who isn't) and much better at receiving the ball even though closely marked than Lamela was.

I don't think that we will sign Zaniolo as he is something of a gamble transfer due to the huge potential that he has if he is properly over his injuries. Roma will therefore want a big fee for him in case he does fulfil that clear potential but buying clubs will be reluctant to pay the fee because of his injury record. If we were to sign him though I can see why Conte would think he was a good fit for the squad as he could give competition to Kulusevski, play as a withdrawn forward on occasions we wanted to play 2 (or 1 and a half) up front and he also has the potential to become a central midfield player who could play in a two.

From the bits and pieces I have seen of Zaniolo he seems FAR stronger than Lamela, faster than Lamela, less one footed than Lamela (though to be fair there I doubt there is a player in World football who isn't) and much better at receiving the ball even though closely marked than Lamela was.

I don't think that we will sign Zaniolo as he is something of a gamble transfer due to the huge potential that he has if he is properly over his injuries. Roma will therefore want a big fee for him in case he does fulfil that clear potential but buying clubs will be reluctant to pay the fee because of his injury record. If we were to sign him though I can see why Conte would think he was a good fit for the squad as he could give competition to Kulusevski, play as a withdrawn forward on occasions we wanted to play 2 (or 1 and a half) up front and he also has the potential to become a central midfield player who could play in a two.
Is that right? Bit like the goat Dembele?

That would be very interesting.

Agree with all of this

Few rumblings on Friday that this was close, then he played, scored and looked rather delighted in their friendly with Shakhtar over the weekend so... he'll sign a new deal at Roma any moment now I assume.

Back