• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Rodrigo Bentancur

I really like Bentancur but in no universe is he better than Dembele. The guy was an absolute baller and a freak, and so many teammates and opponents have mentioned him as their most difficult opponent….

Technical skill only you are right, I think Bentancur is more of a clam though, will leave a foot in, raise his studs a bit, dive a bit more convincingly, and they are massively important traits in the modern game. They would have been a great partnership.

I was never the biggest fan of Dembele. I would have preferred if his passing game had matched his dribbling. The ball moves quicker when passed than it does when dribbled. The perfect balance is someone who can do both. I'm not saying Bentancur is the perfect balance but for me his game style is more of what I prefer and ultimately is the more successful style. Dembele is prettier on the eye.

I also wouldn't say Bentancur is better than Dembele yet. I just prefer his profile of CM.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk
That’s fair enough, and as fans there is no right or wrong answer as to who is better than who. But when top level players specifically pick out Dembele as a player, I think you should take note. And I don’t think our centre midfield ever recovered once his physical presence and skill level disappeared. But I do agree Bentancur might be better suited to a Conte system, although perhaps a little harsh to conclude when Demebele never had the chance to show what he could do under Conte…..

I know I'll get stick for this, but going out on a limb here ... Betancur's slick movement of himself and the ball reminds me a bit of Zidane. Excellent player, though quite risky, so he'll give away the ball in dangerous areas a few times over the course of a season, no doubt.

I couldn’t watch the game Yesterday but with a full pre season i hope he becomes more consistent. Watching him last season he did have a few spells where he wasn’t much better than Winks but i am hoping that was just adapting.

His best performances have been really good so i hope he can bang out them performances 8/10 times.

I couldn’t watch the game Yesterday but with a full pre season i hope he becomes more consistent. Watching him last season he did have a few spells where he wasn’t much better than Winks but i am hoping that was just adapting.

His best performances have been really good so i hope he can bang out them performances 8/10 times.

To me more a couple of games rather than spells. Mostly a problem of giving the ball away too often, I hope that can be put down to being new to the league and team.

Did see our against Southampton too, couple of instances where he came close to losing it. I don't mind that happening from time to time, that's part of the game, but needs to avoid those games where it happens often.

Other than that I think he's had a high ceiling. Just about always defensively solid, on his game.

Like you I hope to see more of his best performances. He seems to disappear in some games on the ball, pop up, do a really useful thing, then disappear a bit again. Leaves me feeling that he can do more. He has real quality on the ball, do a bit more "grabbing the game" would be good, but it's probably not that easy.

Competition and rotation will hopefully do him good. Him and Hojbjerg had to do a lot on those final months last season.

He and PEH bossed it, they were everywhere. The quality of Bentancur's tackles has been excellent, even if it's in our own penalty box. Not quite as reckless as Romero but puts out a lot of fires.

I'm a massive fan of this boy and he was brilliant on Saturday but this is going over the top. Let's see how he does Sunday before declaring he's up to speed. 2-3 of his worst games last season were the tougher ones (City, Dippers and United spring to mind).

He does it at Stamford Bridge and ill start to believe he's fully adjusted to the PL. It will happen eventually, he's class, but let's not get ahead of ourselves.

Last edited:
I'm a massive fan of this boy and he was brilliant on Sunday but this is going over the top. Let's see how he does Saturday before declaring he's up to speed. 2-3 of his worst games last season were the tougher ones (City, Dippers and United spring to mind).

He does it at Stamford Bridge and ill start to believe he's fully adjusted to the PL. It will happen eventually, he's class, but let's not get ahead of ourselves.

Fans going ott after a win? Never.

MotM for me today - great vision to snuff out potential danger in midfield, and great stamina to keep plugging gaps in the second half when Fulham finally came forward a little more. The one thing I would have wished for in the transfer window was a commanding CM, but on today's showing, in Bentancur we already have one of the very very best.

Back