• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Football and TV

Not women's football, but the Beeb's woke culture around it.

How is it woke?

They are promoting an event they have paid money for, I expect the promotion for the mens World Cup in the winter will be far bigger.

Anecdotally, it’s no different to their promotion of Wimbledon, which is a niche sport compared to football.

How is it woke?

They are promoting an event they have paid money for, I expect the promotion for the mens World Cup in the winter will be far bigger.

Anecdotally, it’s no different to their promotion of Wimbledon, which is a niche sport compared to football.
Wimbledon tennis is way more popular than womens football. It’s night and day.

I'd rather watch Sunday morning park football on TV, much more entertaining watching overweight, unfit, incompetent blokes with hangovers kicking lumps out of each other.

I think you’re absolutely right, If Tony “monkey tennis” Hayers was in front of me right now, I would pitch him a semi-scripted reality show focused on rival Sunday league pub teams, half way between TOWIE and All or Nothing.

Another season starts without the PL offering a proper direct streaming solution.

They are leaving so much money on the table.

The website I have used for 10 years is open for registrations now (hasn't done this for years), it's $7 a month
Always been able to watch a whole load of sports on it
If anybody wants the web address DM me
Always very good quality with 720 and 1080 streams

New Premier League TV deal: 60 more games but bad news for Amazon

The Premier League is likely to make an extra 60 matches available for television amid efforts to squeeze more money out of broadcasters in the next domestic auction.

A shake up in the tender process is being discussed, according to multiple sources, some of whom predict "meatier" packages of games to be made available to Sky and rivals.

Potential bidders also firmly expect the number of available games to increase significantly from 200 to at least 260 of the total 380 matches each season.

Two leading TV executives also believe the overall number of options will be reduced from seven "packs". One claimed just four could be made available to drive up the price of each individual package although others expressed doubt.

Reducing the options could make it harder for Amazon Prime to remain a rights-holder unless it bought a significantly bigger chunk of games.

Sources close to the auction process expressed caution at the claims but declined to comment on the possibility of increasing the number of matches. The tender document remains a work in progress, and there may yet be more change before it is shared potentially in October. Whatever is decided by the auction in the autumn, there have been assurances that the 3pm Saturday blackout will be protected.

However, valuations will be a major unknown for England's top tier as domestic valuations have gone untested since February 2018 when an initial £4.5bn deal was agreed. Amazon has since come to the market and a three-year rollover in cycles at a price closer to £5bn was agreed midway through the pandemic.

BT Sport - the main rival to Sky - becomes TNT Sports in July following its buy out by Discovery and they are likely to remain a major bidder. Under the current rolling deal due to expire in 2025, the 200 available games are split into seven packages shared between Sky, BT and Amazon. Sky Sports dominated the current UK cycle, with four sets of rights, equating to 128 matches per season. BT Sport — soon to be TNT Sports - owns two packages - one for the Saturday 1230 kick offs and the other for two midweek rounds. Amazon bought one package, which allows its Prime service to broadcast one set of Bank Holiday Christmas fixtures and a set of midweek fixtures.

Since 2016, domestic rights have largely plateaued but record Premier League revenues have been buoyed by a booming overseas market. NBC signed a £2billion agreement in late 2021 to exclusively show the Premier League to its audience in the US alone. The overseas market is now estimated to be worth in excess of £5bn to clubs.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2023/04/18/premier-league-tv-deal-60-games-sky-sports-amazon/

Back