• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Official 2022/23 Premier League Thread

Ok gonna put this out there, I hate Haaland already, I hate his stupid fat face and I hate that he plays for disgustingly doped City. I wish nothing but bad for him and that club.

No excuses this season for United, their squad is insane. Ten Hag should be achieving top 4 as a minimum. Outplayed by a Brighton team who have lost 2 of their best players in the transfer window. It's not a good look although it's early days.

No excuses this season for United, their squad is insane. Ten Hag should be achieving top 4 as a minimum. Outplayed by a Brighton team who have lost 2 of their best players in the transfer window. It's not a good look although it's early days.

It’s a decaying whale that club. The only think that still functions is the blowhole and yes I mean Ronaldo - and that is starting to stink too.

Good first round that.

Liverpool and Manchester United dropping points, no one looking super impressive from the start (didn't watch all of it, didn't watch City). Us scoring twice as many goals as anyone else.

Haaland does have a knack of picking up injuries that keep him out for a month here and there in the last season or two, difference now is that at Dortmund that was them fudged, at City they will just go back to playing no striker or stick Alvarez in to test him out.

always some funny results in the 1st week, liverpool clearly lacking fitness, no surprise klopp had them doing an extra closed doors friendly, haaland is an incredibly ugly man, not that he won't he be getting any action, i'll be betting the Overs on leicester games again this season and man U will have another transition season.

It's far from an insane squad. It's full of, at best, average players. There's not one player there that I'd really want us to have.

always some funny results in the 1st week, liverpool clearly lacking fitness, no surprise klopp had them doing an extra closed doors friendly, haaland is an incredibly ugly man, not that he won't he be getting any action, i'll be betting the Overs on leicester games again this season and man U will have another transition season.

Haaland.

download.jpeg

Caicedo or whatever his name is in the Brighton midfield is really impressive, seen him a few times and has always had a great game.

Just watched City game and if they can forget about making 32 passes and play balls to Haaland they'll tinkle the league.

Unless Guardiola decides he has to show his genius and does something like use Haaland as a holding midfielder. All it will take is some question about how easy it for City with all the expensive signings and he'll be provoked to do something to show he's special. The CL final comes to mind.

Coady has joined Everton.
A curious collection of defenders they have on their books now - Holgate, Godfrey, Mina, Tarkowski, Keane and now Coady.

It's far from an insane squad. It's full of, at best, average players. There's not one player there that I'd really want us to have.
Ok insane squad may be exaggerating but it is also far from average. Bruno Fernandez, Raphael Varane, De Gea, Eriksen all arguably world class. Donny Van de beek, Maguire, Wan Bissaka, Luke Shaw all decent. They have options up front and Ronaldo off the bench. The squad needs a world class holding midfielder and another striker but as I say not average.

Ok insane squad may be exaggerating but it is also far from average. Bruno Fernandez, Raphael Varane, De Gea, Eriksen all arguably world class. Donny Van de beek, Maguire, Wan Bissaka, Luke Shaw all decent. They have options up front and Ronaldo off the bench. The squad needs a world class holding midfielder and another striker but as I say not average.

They have quite a few very good players in their squad. As they did last season.

Their problem in recent years has been quite similar to ours in the not too recent past. Some great players, quite a few very good players. No real football team to be found in that squad. No combination of eleven players that actually all fit together and can play the same style in a cohesive manner.

Eriksen, Sancho, Fernandes, all very good or even excellent players. They need movement, runs and different skillets around them. Like Eriksen had with us when we were good.

Hopefully that will continue this season. What seems clear is that ten Hag doesn't have all the answers yet, he may find them in the market and within that squad, but it's a tough ask.

The only one out of those that is world class is Varane and even that is now debatable with his injuries last year possibly having an impact. De Gea was as well at one point, but that was 4-5 years ago, although he was very good last year. Fernandez has had one one good season and was terrible last year.
Donny Van de beek, Maguire, Wan Bissaka, Luke Shaw all decent??? I doubt any other of the top 6 teams would take them. Van de Beek struggled to get into a rubbish Everton side (although injuries didn't help), Maguire is a joke figure at this stage, Utd are looking to get rid of Wan Bissaka he's that bad.
At most they have the 6th best squad in the league.

On top of that they have no plan on transfers other than get de Jong to strengthen the side. They really need a top director of football to sort out recruitment.

Back