• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

2022/23 expectations

He's going to push the team as much as he can, but I don't think he will be disappointed with a 3rd place finish, provided we have closed the gap with City and Pool. I think next year will be the real title push.

Agreed. Another 2-3 top signings this summer or next (esp CB, RWB) and we should have a shot at the title. More likely to be next season than this, but even if those additions are next summer then given we were 22 points off top last season I think we'd expect to get that down to 10-15 this season

You'd imagine training at Spurs should be buzzing next week. Bunch of new signings, comprehensive day 1 win, one of the best managers in the world...belief should be sky high

Agreed. Another 2-3 top signings this summer or next (esp CB, RWB) and we should have a shot at the title. More likely to be next season than this, but even if those additions are next summer then given we were 22 points off top last season I think we'd expect to get that down to 10-15 this season
It could also be that this year we would set targets based on last year's games. E.g. beat Soton and Wolves at home, don't lose at Woolwich and Forrest (Burnley) away. And of course replicate the positive results from the previous season. That would be a pretty good yardstick of progress too, while at the same time closing the gap.

The depth which we have is far far better than many years, however I feel we're lacking 1 more body in attacking areas

On the basis that we'll play 5 players either in CM or attack (ie whether 3-5-2 or 3-4-3), and 2 players per position, we need 10 for those positions

We have the 4 CMs (BEnta, Bissouma, PEH, SKipp) plus 4 main forwards (Kane, Son, Richie, Kulu) and Moura

I can therefore understand the links with Zaniolo, Maddison etc

2-3 more signings and a title challenge really is on the cards

The depth which we have is far far better than many years, however I feel we're lacking 1 more body in attacking areas

On the basis that we'll play 5 players either in CM or attack (ie whether 3-5-2 or 3-4-3), and 2 players per position, we need 10 for those positions

We have the 4 CMs (BEnta, Bissouma, PEH, SKipp) plus 4 main forwards (Kane, Son, Richie, Kulu) and Moura

The extra attacker has to have a stand out feature whether it be goal getting or passing. We dont want more all rounders
I’m amazed no one has got Belotti on a free yet. A genuine striker and a hard working one at that

The extra attacker has to have a stand out feature whether it be goal getting or passing. We dont want more all rounders
I’m amazed no one has got Belotti on a free yet. A genuine striker and a hard working one at that

I think its the passing aspect which you mention. Someone who could play in the 3 CMs in a 3-5-2 but also in an attacking role in a 3-4-3 when Kulu is rested

I can see how Conte wants 2 or 3 more, but they have to be quality or it's not worth it and unless we somehow get rid of the unwanted players I can't see it.

Interesting to see last year's first eleven had actually improved.

Conte said its a result of 7 months of football and sensible he trusts his old players and the new guys needed to earn their place.

I mean what a coach. Competition for places, no favourites and a ruthlessness for getting rid of players ... He's really instilling a new philosophy at the club.

Sent from my SM-T865 using Fapatalk

Conte said its a result of 7 months of football and sensible he trusts his old players and the new guys needed to earn their place.

I mean what a coach. Competition for places, no favourites and a ruthlessness for getting rid of players ... He's really instilling a new philosophy at the club.

Looked a proper big team.

Went behind, doesn't matter. Just keep churning, keep playing, unphased. One or two star players not at their very best, doesn't matter, others will step up and perform. Press us, fine, we'll play through it. Sit back, fine, we'll create anyway. Attack us, fine, we'll defend and be solid. Try to counter attack, nope, we're in balance and have top level players to stop it.

Yeah, won't be like this every week. But couldn't have asked for a better start.

Rather win a cup than get top four, felt that for about four seasons but it’s getting worse. Kane and Son can’t finish with the club empty handed. It would be a travesty.

Then it will have to be the CL so we qualify for next season.

I like that attitude. These are my guys, now give me a reason to put you in the team.

Good time to play them early while they are still finding their groove. I think we are more prepared than they are so a win is realistically possible.

I'd take a draw, it would still mean progress.

Back