• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Emerson Royal

He stands out more because he replaced an ineffective player in the starting XI and showed what we have been missing on the right in attack, pretty sure Kane & Son will have higher goals/assists over the same period and would have played better game by game as well but that's not to pit down Kulu's contribution

Kane is our front man, penalty (and freekick :)) taker, so he should have more goals.
Son was poor towards the end of last season, there were a lot of calls for him to be dropped.

I’m not a huge fan of Royal, but he looked very good yesterday. Happy for him to continue to prove me wrong.

seems like a bit of a confidence player, and his confidence seems to be increasing.

End of the season Son was ok, it was the middle bit he was brick in.

I’d have dropped him for Bergwijn.

Royal buys in to Conte's plan when you look at a lot of our goals he's often In the box and that's what Conte wants. His pace and energy unsettles teams and there has been an improvement in his passing and control.

Huh? Son had a great second half of the season - the calls for him to be dropped came early on in the season

That's not how i remember it, but then i have a terrible memory, especially when it comes to timelines.
Before this goes any further all i will say is that praise for one player, kulu, isn't criticism of others, Kane and son.
I've said since kulu came in that having a threat on that side has opened up space and time for the dynamic duo, which is what i think you are getting at with the comparison with his precedessors (sp).
For that reason he is for me the standout player and difference maker.
Kulu is shaping up to be another son, great stats, great for the dressing room but little appreciated outside spurs, and I'm delighted for that to be the case.

That's not how i remember it, but then i have a terrible memory, especially when it comes to timelines.
Before this goes any further all i will say is that praise for one player, kulu, isn't criticism of others, Kane and son.
I've said since kulu came in that having a threat on that side has opened up space and time for the dynamic duo, which is what i think you are getting at with the comparison with his precedessors (sp).
For that reason he is for me the standout player and difference maker.
Kulu is shaping up to be another son, great stats, great for the dressing room but little appreciated outside spurs, and I'm delighted for that to be the case.
Wrong thread but fudge it. I was worried that being so young he might have second season syndrome but seems to have picked up where he left off and is absolute class. I actually think his all round game is better than Sons (hides for cover) and with our front three plus Richarlison waiting in the wings, I wouldn’t trade our set of forwards for Emirates Marketing Project’s or Liverpools. If we can compete with them in other areas of the pitch we really will get closer to them….

Emerson does everything he can to improve himself and his attitude and professionalism are outstanding. i wouldn't be surprised if by next season he has become a really solid wing back. Not WC, but not a weak link either. Kinda like Davies. You just know he's going to knuckle down and try to be the best RWB he can be.

I think if you go to other teams' fora you'll find that everyone is seeing what an elite player Deki is going to be. Woolwich fans can't believe that we beat them to him. United fans wondering why they didn't go in for him. Spam fans fawning over him. Only the scousers believe Diaz is better than him (but then again, haven't seen anyone say he's not good either).

Emerson does everything he can to improve himself and his attitude and professionalism are outstanding. i wouldn't be surprised if by next season he has become a really solid wing back. Not WC, but not a weak link either. Kinda like Davies. You just know he's going to knuckle down and try to be the best RWB he can be.
I also really like how much he cares. Not only does he work hard but whenever we score he is one of the first to run over and celebrate, and loves it often doing a flying kick in the air. He seems to genuinely really enjoy playing for us, even with some of the stick he got at times early on and for that reason I want us to keep him and succeed even more…..

I also really like how much he cares. Not only does he work hard but whenever we score he is one of the first to run over and celebrate, and loves it often doing a flying kick in the air. He seems to genuinely really enjoy playing for us, even with some of the stick he got at times early on and for that reason I want us to keep him and succeed even more…..
My hope is that Deki is our new Son, both in terms of ability and personality, but also in terms of staying with us for a long time. He's a great player to have around both on and off the pitch.

The commentators said that after 15 minutes it was obvious that the Southampton left wing back didn’t have a clue defensively as he is a winger/forward and were surprised Hasenhuttl couldn’t see the problem

Hence Emerson and Kulu looking good, PARTIALLY
Kulu, Royal and Romero....thats the best right side in the league. Even Liverpool and Emirates Marketing Project could nor find a way through last season.

Sent from my SM-T865 using Fapatalk

He stands out more because he replaced an ineffective player in the starting XI and showed what we have been missing on the right in attack, pretty sure Kane & Son will have higher goals/assists over the same period and would have played better game by game as well but that's not to pit down Kulu's contribution

Harsh on Eriksen.

Seriously though, Kulusevski's filled that gap; just like Bentancur has with Dembele

Wonder whether we'll loan Spence out. Conte dodged questions on Friday about whether we will keep all 3 RWBs, and given Royal got the first game and played well, it feels a lot less likely that he's off. Doerhty is the most natural, senior RWB which we have so dont see him going...

Harsh on Eriksen.

Seriously though, Kulusevski's filled that gap; just like Bentancur has with Dembele
I'd argue Bissouma is the Dembele replacement, but yeah Benta is also adding something different with his passing, which is needed.

Wonder whether we'll loan Spence out. Conte dodged questions on Friday about whether we will keep all 3 RWBs, and given Royal got the first game and played well, it feels a lot less likely that he's off. Doerhty is the most natural, senior RWB which we have so dont see him going...

We're not allowed to loan him this window unless it's abroad or to lower league.

Very quickly dismissed ( harshly imo) by some fans when he first came here but he has shown that he is willing to learn and adapt his game for Conte. You can see he loves the game and his attitude is spot on.

I agree his enthusiasm is contagious, it lifts the team, you need people like that in a team. The 3rd goal was a down to him, first win a tackle, driving forward, passing and continuing his movement to put ball in 6 yard box. You make your own luck and that's what he did. If he was Aarons, Lamptey or Cucurella lots would be raving about him, but hes been labelled a dud and it will take a couple of years to get over that.

Back