• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Rodrigo Bentancur

I guess what I’m alluding to is that their level is close to the very very top in their positions. Others in the team like dier play, as well perisic and others because of the current personnel at the club.

And no I’m not saying anyone that I’ve mentioned as secondary are poor.

Ok. Don't agree with lloris or bentancur then. It is possible to upgrade them. We won't look to this season though.

Have real hopes that he steps up another level this season. Settled at the club and in the league, full preseason and all that.

Thought he had games last season where he was truly top class, quite a few games where he was very good and a small handful where he was more ok.

If that's still his level this season he will still be very good of course. Just think there's a decent chance he steps it up to play better more consistently. It's improving in other areas should help him in that too.

The compilation above highlights his quality. Combination of aggression and defensive presence with real on the ball quality. A couple of possession losses that weren't included I think, if he can minimise those, be a bit more consistent, he'll be well on his way to being a top class cm.

What I like is he doesn’t always take the easy option
He keeps the tempo going too which is a key thing for any team
Had a great game today IMO

Does what you want a midfielder to do. Always looks to progress the ball forward and only goes backwards or sideways if there is nothing on. His tackling was top class as well. Just a shame about the silly booking. Was brilliant today. Almost as good, if not as eye catching as Kulu. Really enjoyed his performance.

So much quality. Defensively covering space, tackling, winning duels. On the ball, skill, passing, vision.

Hoping that now having that PL experience and a full preseason under Conte we'll see him putting in this kind of dominant performance more often. He has most of the tools there already.

He's fearless. I'd say he is Dembele-light. Love the way he releases the ball faster and with more pace than the average Spurs player. Plus a few solid sliding tackles yesterday. What a performance.

Sent from my SM-T865 using Fapatalk
Much better use of the ball than Dembele. I'd honestly rather have a Bentancur than a Dembele. He's also able to be press resistant but his use of the ball is ten times quicker, far more progressive and a much greater range of use. Too many times Dembele would hold on to the ball and attempt to dribble when the pass was the better option.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

Much better use of the ball than Dembele. I'd honestly rather have a Bentancur than a Dembele. He's also able to be press resistant but his use of the ball is ten times quicker, far more progressive and a much greater range of use. Too many times Dembele would hold on to the ball and attempt to dribble when the pass was the better option.

I think that's true but they both are excellent and give you slightly different things.

Dembeles stand out trait was he could dominate anyone at any level. To the point that it would get demoralizing for any opponent. That's why all his teammates have said he's the absolute best player they've played with, technically and physically a beast.

I'd say Bentancur is a bit more cultured and all seeing and probably a better 'cog' type player....and that suits a Conte team.

I really like Bentancur but in no universe is he better than Dembele. The guy was an absolute baller and a freak, and so many teammates and opponents have mentioned him as their most difficult opponent….
I was never the biggest fan of Dembele. I would have preferred if his passing game had matched his dribbling. The ball moves quicker when passed than it does when dribbled. The perfect balance is someone who can do both. I'm not saying Bentancur is the perfect balance but for me his game style is more of what I prefer and ultimately is the more successful style. Dembele is prettier on the eye.

I also wouldn't say Bentancur is better than Dembele yet. I just prefer his profile of CM.

Back