• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Emerson Royal

I dont understand why people keep suggesting we sell him, he looks to me a better player than Tantanga, hes the same age and has more experience and confidence. Apart from being home grown Tantanga looks a long way from being part of our squad, injuries have held him back but he didnt look comfortable playing in any position, which is a shame as I had high hopes for him.

Because we're trying to sign a RWB by all accounts and Doherty looked mich better than Royal last season so you would assume he's a cert to stay and 3 players for one position is not great squad management.

I'd be very surprised if he's not moved on one way or the other come the end of the window.

Regarding Tanganga i think most people assume he's going to be sold/loaned so there isn't much of a talking point there.

Because we're trying to sign a RWB by all accounts and Doherty looked mich better than Royal last season so you would assume he's a cert to stay and 3 players for one position is not great squad management.

I'd be very surprised if he's not moved on one way or the other come the end of the window.

Regarding Tanganga i think most people assume he's going to be sold/loaned so there isn't much of a talking point there.

Tanganga should be loaned out then after a season playing the English premium kicks in and we would get 25m for him.

I would sell Emerson now, he is a decent right back but he simply does not impress me as a wingback. It is no coincidence that his best games are those when he has looked good defensively. Unless we plan to revert to a back 4 sometime soon I just do not see the point.

Unless Doherty improves his fitness I think Royal will start on Saturday. The work rate required by our wingbacks means we have to sub them after about 70 mins, Doherty doesnt look like he's got that much in him yet.

Unless Doherty improves his fitness I think Royal will start on Saturday. The work rate required by our wingbacks means we have to sub them after about 70 mins, Doherty doesnt look like he's got that much in him yet.

He played the majority of the game v roma.

He did and looked well off the pace in parts of the game, I think he played as long as he did to get some work in.

Tbf after the game conte did say doherty and perisic still have to get to full fitness. Think his words on perisic were "he's not yet the one i remembered". Don't take that in a bad way.

Another week to get there. Bissouma also missed out with civid, spence and lenglet joining late.

Hopefully we're all good to go the weekend.

Tbf after the game conte did say doherty and perisic still have to get to full fitness. Think his words on perisic were "he's not yet the one i remembered". Don't take that in a bad way.

Another week to get there. Bissouma also missed out with civid, spence and lenglet joining late.

Hopefully we're all good to go the weekend.

That's why I thought he might not start Doherty.

Yep, but will we really go into the season with 3 RWBs?

Yeah, why not, with Conte's system being so dependent on them. I don't know, man, I would say why the hell not, but are there some homegrown or something issues? I just can't be bothered keeping up with that. Football has become too complicated for me. :p

The commentators said that after 15 minutes it was obvious that the Southampton left wing back didn’t have a clue defensively as he is a winger/forward and were surprised Hasenhuttl couldn’t see the problem

Hence Emerson and Kulu looking good, PARTIALLY

The commentators said that after 15 minutes it was obvious that the Southampton left wing back didn’t have a clue defensively as he is a winger/forward and were surprised Hasenhuttl couldn’t see the problem

Kulu has been the stand out player since he got here.
Kane and son have stole the headlines, romero has been a fan favourite, but kulu has been the game changer.

Maybe but Royal under Conte has always been good at finding space, it's a very underrated and unnoticed part of his game. The problem has been what he does WITH the ball when he gets it in that space. Obviously his delivery has been erratic and usually poor.

Yesterday he was again good at finding the space and his delivery and confidence seemed to have stepped up a level. He even tried that audacious bicycle kick.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

Kulu has been the stand out player since he got here.
Kane and son have stole the headlines, romero has been a fan favourite, but kulu has been the game changer.

He stands out more because he replaced an ineffective player in the starting XI and showed what we have been missing on the right in attack, pretty sure Kane & Son will have higher goals/assists over the same period and would have played better game by game as well but that's not to pit down Kulu's contribution

Back