• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

**** Tottenham Hotspur v SCBC ****

decent start, lots of positives, negatives are no clean sheet, Kane looking ropey and the perfect season already being dead

Happy with that. We dominated and should have had more. And our main guys didn't really turn up. I think that's a good thing in a way. Can't be so reliant on them.

We looked solid in defence. Kind of a workmanlike performance in a way.

Royal and Sess were very good. Bents in midfield and Kulu up front.

Nice start. Top of the league :)

Always good to put away SCBC - still remember then giving it large when we signed Poch, questiining why he'd leave to a worse side.

4 goals in the summer sunshine, got to be happy with that. If I had to pick our performance apart, I'm not totally convinced by our defending down the flanks, and Hojbjerg + Bentancur is still a bit vulnerable to the press , while Bissouma still looks short of match fitness and looks to be suffering from the aftereffects of COVID a bit. Also, could and should have scored more - we were a bit profligate with our chances, need to be more clinical up against the blue scum.

But, can't be picky after today - good win to start the season in the ides of a glorious summer. :)

Really impressive. Saw some posts here saying we started slow but I thought we were good start to finish with a couple of 5 minute spells they dominated. Emerson, Bentancur, Kulu and Sessegnon were excellent. Thought Kulu was the pick because some of the touches were unbelievable but Bentancur was so tidy on the ball and put in so many great tackles, he wasn't far behind.

We didn't press in a Dipper kind of way but we worked hard to shut off space very impressively. Subs didn't show much but the game was dead and there wasn't much time. Bissouma looked particularly sloppy but wouldn't read anything into that.

Great day in the sunshine. Pretty comprehensive and impressive win. And for a two man team, our two men didn't really do much. Very, very strong squad we have.

Great result, and without our two main men as others have said.

How good is it now that we would ordinarily be able to bring on a player like Richarlison when either of those are quiet?!

Chelsea next...and for once it feels like a decent time to be playing them

Honest pleasure at a very promising start and a fantastic game for Kulu, ultimately trumped by schadenfreude at SCBC’s woeful implosion. They have a better chance than we do of retaining their current place in the table.

Back