• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Giovani Lo Celso

Would prefer it were an obligation to buy, otherwise we'll be back here again next summer.

That's why you make the loan fee higher than the amortisation. If you were buying a player for €20m on a 5 year contract the amortisation would be €4m a year. So the loan fee should be €6-7m or more. Works for both clubs.

Would have thought for £15m Leicester would be interested in him as a replacement for Maddison going to Saudi Sportswashing Machine

Would have thought for £15m Leicester would be interested in him as a replacement for Maddison going to Saudi Sportswashing Machine
I suppose there's just the bit where Lo Celso scored 1 league goal in 3 years and averages being fit for half the games available over the period, whereas Maddison's worst return in availability and goals is 6 from 31 over the last four years.

I don't think Lo Celso has shown enough quality here to make anyone in this league take a punt on his injury record improving, his best spell for us was work rate and ball carrying under Mourinho.

I suppose there's just the bit where Lo Celso scored 1 league goal in 3 years and averages being fit for half the games available over the period, whereas Maddison's worst return in availability and goals is 6 from 31 over the last four years.

I don't think Lo Celso has shown enough quality here to make anyone in this league take a punt on his injury record improving, his best spell for us was work rate and ball carrying under Mourinho.
Indeed. While GLC showed promise initially, and that's what we remember, I'd put money on him being terrible in terms of any relevant metrics. From Transfermarkt, he's played in 55 Premier League matches, with 1 goal, 3 assists and 11 yellow cards to show for it. 2668 minutes indicates an average of under 50 minutes per match. 27 times subbed on, 21 times subbed off -- which means he's only actually played 7 full league matches for Spurs. In two and a half seasons. Wow.

No matter how good he's been for Argentina and Villareal, he's clearly never been a good fit here. If someone wants to give us €15 for him, we should bite their arm off. Cut our losses and use the money more wisely.

It's absolutely damning that, compared to Ndombele, he's been a roaring success.

It's all about context as well. Ndombele came in with a hefty price tag and everyone expecting him to completely boss our midfield, whereas he was probably much more of a raw talent that needed some proper coaching. I'd say expectations have never done anyone any favors at Tottenham, particularly not Ndombele - had he been a youth prospect or someone we got from say Notts County that did exactly what he's done for us, we might still be having hopes of him coming good.

But this is life. Being a top level footballer is also about managing expectations and just performing week in and week out - and he simply hasn't. He's definitely been better than Lo Celso though, no doubt about that.

It's all about context as well. Ndombele came in with a hefty price tag and everyone expecting him to completely boss our midfield, whereas he was probably much more of a raw talent that needed some proper coaching. I'd say expectations have never done anyone any favors at Tottenham, particularly not Ndombele - had he been a youth prospect or someone we got from say Notts County that did exactly what he's done for us, we might still be having hopes of him coming good.

But this is life. Being a top level footballer is also about managing expectations and just performing week in and week out - and he simply hasn't. He's definitely been better than Lo Celso though, no doubt about that.
If he was a player coming though he wouldn’t have demanded the fee and salary
The issue with Tanguy is attitude… you either have it or you find it. He appears to have found the nearest mattress seller and gone for a nap
Football players are all over paid, no one can disagree. But some work hard to earn their money. Some work hard to get better to earn more. Some don’t. Most that don’t drop down levels and £££ quickly unless they have a contract of dreams
Ability only gets you so far on any walk of life and if you have any pride in yourself you have to add the extra bits with work rate and attitude

The issue with Tanguy is attitude… you either have it or you find it. He appears to have found the nearest mattress seller and gone for a nap
Football players are all over paid, no one can disagree. But some work hard to earn their money. Some work hard to get better to earn more. Some don’t. Most that don’t drop down levels and £££ quickly unless they have a contract of dreams
Ability only gets you so far on any walk of life and if you have any pride in yourself you have to add the extra bits with work rate and attitude
Maybe we gave Ndombele his contract dreams and he mentally retired when he signed it. Just don't get involved in social media and its a great life.

Sent from my SM-T865 using Fapatalk

Ndombele not having come through any academy system further screwed him TBH. LoCelso knows better. I think he was actually a waster here, more so than Ndombele who actually looked bewildered much of the time given he played for three/four different managers, only one of which planned to use him as he actually plays best. But LoCelso? He was much more sussed from the get go. I’d bite their hand off to shunt him, we need the squad space.

I don’t think any of us know the full story with Ndombele, but one thing I will always say is that there’s much more to it than him simply being ‘lazy’ or having a ‘poor attitude’ IMO.

Back