• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Destiny Udogie

I remember seeing her on the Jazz World Stage at Glastonbury in 07.

I think Danny Rose had tipped her as his 'one to watch' in the pre-festival edition of Spurs Monthly.

Is it?

Be interesting to see how we’ve faired with these sort of ‘buy young/project/loan back’ type of buys. 2 I can think of immediately are Jack Clarke and Bryan Gil…..£50/60m laid out right there.

Gil wasn't loaned out immediately was he?

Both Kyle Walker and Kyle Naughton were buy and loan out deals IIRC? We haven't done a lot of those deals so I'm not sure we have a good sample to compare from.

I think it's a solid enough strategy. I'm not a fan of doing a Chelsea, signing a ton of players and loaning them out all over the place. Doing some deals where the player stays at their former team seems good to me. Player gets to keep developing where he's already doing just that, we get a talented player in after a while, selling club gets a fee and gets to keep the player for a year.

Hate these ‘buy player and loan them straight out’ deals — shouldn’t be allowed IMO. Just getting the player on the cheap and farming them off for other clubs to develop them.

not sure. Its a financial investment for the buying club, and for the selling club it de-risks the value in the player (i.e. if they do their ACL or if their recent form was a temporary up blip, they still benefit).

Also, there's enough big teams looking at these type of deals that I cant see it screw the slling club

not sure. Its a financial investment for the buying club, and for the selling club it de-risks the value in the player (i.e. if they do their ACL or if their recent form was a temporary up blip, they still benefit).

Also, there's enough big teams looking at these type of deals that I cant see it screw the slling club

Agreed. If it was better for the selling club to just keep the player without a sell and loan back deal they would surely do so.

Of course bigger/richer clubs taking advantage of smaller clubs, contract situations, players wanting to move to a bigger club is nothing new. We've been on both ends of that repeatedly, that's just the transfer market.

I don't think there's anything specifically bad about doing some of these kinds of deals.

I agree, if a player isnt a regular in your squad at 23 you should not be allowed to loan them more than once. I know this would not be good for us with Lo Celso and N'dembele but that's our fault for not checking them out properly.

Yeah I guess I didn't think about it from the de-risk point of view. And I guess if the selling club is happy to make these deals, there must be a reason. Maybe it tends to happen when the player's contract is running low?

Still leaves a sour taste for me though. I think I probably just don't the idea of players being commodities that can appreciate in value without clubs actually investing anything into them. Must be the leftie and/or traditionalist in me :D

Hate these ‘buy player and loan them straight out’ deals — shouldn’t be allowed IMO. Just getting the player on the cheap and farming them off for other clubs to develop them.
When it's a loan to the selling club, I think it benefits us, the player, and the selling club. If it's farming off to another club, I agree.

Yeah I guess I didn't think about it from the de-risk point of view. And I guess if the selling club is happy to make these deals, there must be a reason. Maybe it tends to happen when the player's contract is running low?

Still leaves a sour taste for me though. I think I probably just don't the idea of players being commodities that can appreciate in value without clubs actually investing anything into them. Must be the leftie and/or traditionalist in me :D
All players are commodities im afraid
Their commodity value is reflected in the salary in the wages they earn as compensation

You don’t get what you pay for
That’s the issue in football, you speculate and gamble
A played excelling at one club doesn’t make them a guarantee at another
I rate Cucarella. But he isn’t a £50m player…. That’s elite player money do in simple terms, best on world money for a full back
Ben white isn’t a £50m player… that’s more than we pay for Romero and Romero is world class
The fee has no relevance to the end product, just a perceived value at a point in time
Hence why we’re quick with tanguy (fee and wages)

What is it with Pep buying fullbacks. The guy is obsessed.

Cucarella reminds me of Walker Peters. Clever, tidy and works well in a system but not sure either has the weapons to be a £50m player.

Cucarella reminds me of Walker Peters. Clever, tidy and works well in a system but not sure either has the weapons to be a £50m player.
I think he is very good
Rated him as soon as us saw him
But one season in a top league doesn’t just make you a £60m player unless your very very special
We will see

I think as a LB for a team in the top few he'd be very effective. Quick, good on the ball...
It’s nearer £60m the real I’ve read
And that fee even at £50m is elite player money
I just don’t think he is elite. He is very good and was clearly under rated but I wouldn’t put him in the top 3 in the league at left back or left centre back….

Back