• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Destiny Udogie

This is the fella we were linked with quite early on in the window right?

Seems like a decent bit of business.

Translation of the article:

Juventus thought about it, Inter tried it, Lazio thought about it, as well as Brighton and even Emirates Marketing Project. But Destiny Udogie's future will not be with any of these teams. Last details to be settled with Udinese, who had no intention of depriving themselves of their 2002-class external player, but in the end, after a long courtship, decided to say yes to the proposal of Tottenham, the most Italian of the Premier League teams on the market. And after Perisic, Kulusevski, Bentancur and Romero, now Fabio Paratici is ready to give Antonio Conte a jewel like the former Verona.

An arrow for Spurs, who have often fished in Serie A in the last year since Paratici's arrival in management. The contacts for Udogie have been going on for over a month, on and off, given the very high demands of the Pozzo family for their latest jewel. In these hours, the verbal agreement between the clubs, for a total sum of 25 million euros between fixed part and bonuses, with in addition for the Friulians the possibility to keep Udogie on loan for another year. Tottenham buy him now, but will leave him in Friuli to let him grow for another season: a move to anticipate the competition, on a player that will be talked about for a long time.

Love it, good evidence of a long term project. Maybe we'll have the spine of the next Italy World Cup winning team right here in Tottenham, "the most Italian of EPL teams".

Sent from my SM-T865 using Fapatalk

Is it?

Be interesting to see how we’ve faired with these sort of ‘buy young/project/loan back’ type of buys. 2 I can think of immediately are Jack Clarke and Bryan Gil…..£50/60m laid out right there.

£35 million for the pair. And Lamela.
We've probably not taken much of a loss on Clarke and Gil is too early to say.
Sarr was bought on this sort of deal a year ago and I see that Dele has already been flagged as a successful similar type of move.

£35 million for the pair. And Lamela.
We've probably not taken much of a loss on Clarke and Gil is too early to say.
Sarr was bought on this sort of deal a year ago and I see that Dele has already been flagged as a successful similar type of move.
I think the point is it’s all well and good saying it’s better signing a guy that’s much cheaper but we don’t know how he will acclimatise to the league. The Brighton guy is very good and a proven performer here and you will get what you paid for…..

Hate these ‘buy player and loan them straight out’ deals — shouldn’t be allowed IMO. Just getting the player on the cheap and farming them off for other clubs to develop them.

Hate these ‘buy player and loan them straight out’ deals — shouldn’t be allowed IMO. Just getting the player on the cheap and farming them off for other clubs to develop them.
It’s with the same club though. So it’s basically a case of ‘You can have him, but we get him for the season so we have time to prepare replacing him’….

I think the point is it’s all well and good saying it’s better signing a guy that’s much cheaper but we don’t know how he will acclimatise to the league. The Brighton guy is very good and a proven performer here and you will get what you paid for…..
You don’t get what you pay for
That’s the issue in football, you speculate and gamble
A played excelling at one club doesn’t make them a guarantee at another
I rate Cucarella. But he isn’t a £50m player…. That’s elite player money do in simple terms, best on world money for a full back
Ben white isn’t a £50m player… that’s more than we pay for Romero and Romero is world class
The fee has no relevance to the end product, just a perceived value at a point in time
Hence why we’re quick with tanguy (fee and wages)

Back