• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Djed Spence

Seems fair to me. Like every young player, Spence will get a chance in the team due to injury or rotation and, when he does, he needs to play well and stay there.
He will get his chance because he’s the best RWB at the club. His all round game is ahead of the rest of them, and whilst he might have to wait a few weeks to get up to speed once there it won’t take long for him to be first choice….

He will get his chance because he’s the best RWB at the club. His all round game is ahead of the rest of them, and whilst he might have to wait a few weeks to get up to speed once there it won’t take long for him to be first choice….
Is he though? He's young and hasn't had Prem experience, so I wouldn't expect him to go straight in ahead of Doherty and Royal.

Admittedly, I've not seen much of him except for some highlight videos, but I'm sure Conte and co will have a good idea of his capabilities by now. If they decide to stick him straight in, fair enough.

Is he though? He's young and hasn't had Prem experience, so I wouldn't expect him to go straight in ahead of Doherty and Royal.

Admittedly, I've not seen much of him except for some highlight videos, but I'm sure Conte and co will have a good idea of his capabilities by now. If they decide to stick him straight in, fair enough.
Having watched a lot of him in the Championship, and in the cup against the likes of Arsenal he is better than anyone we have going forward and is defensively very good too with a great engine. He starred against Arsenal, I honestly do rate him very highly. But Conte likes his players to be in peak physical condition so he wont be stuck straight in, but I dont see it being long for him to establish himself as the main man....

Having watched a lot of him in the Championship, and in the cup against the likes of Arsenal he is better than anyone we have going forward and is defensively very good too with a great engine. He starred against Arsenal, I honestly do rate him very highly. But Conte likes his players to be in peak physical condition so he wont be stuck straight in, but I dont see it being long for him to establish himself as the main man....
That bodes very well indeed. I do hope you're right!

That bodes very well indeed. I do hope you're right!
He's going to flop isn't he:D

Obviously with the caveat at his young age he will make errors being tested week in week out at this level, but I honestly think he has all the raw ingredients in the same way walker did when we signed him. When I first saw him linked with us, I was delighted. Obviously don't want to put pressure on him, but I do think he is going to be great once properly bedded in.....

Hope you're right, haven't seen nearly as much of him as you, but excited to see what he can do.

In addition to physical condition I think it's important to remember that Conte is very much a system manager. He has shown that he can integrate players fairly quickly, but he may want to give Spence a bit of time to get used to the system before chucking him in. Or trusting the players that know the system better more at first.

He's going to flop isn't he:D

Obviously with the caveat at his young age he will make errors being tested week in week out at this level, but I honestly think he has all the raw ingredients in the same way walker did when we signed him. When I first saw him linked with us, I was delighted. Obviously don't want to put pressure on him, but I do think he is going to be great once properly bedded in.....
Dont forget it took walker 2 loans to progress too

All I’ve seen are Youtube clips of Spence playing and him interviewed. But I’ve interviewed hundreds of people in my work, and maybe I can occasionally get an appreciation of character from snippets.

What is promising is his boldness. It’s not exactly maturity, more a vision of himself and the confidence to achieve it. I think he has the physical attributes to back up his pomp. He needs to put in the hard work behind the scenes, learn the drills, attain the fitness. And then we have to give him a bit of time.

Sessengon is similar really. He’s had many more games at a high level but is the same age and needs half a season of regular games.

I would be surprised if this kid comes in and shines staright away, lets give him time to work with Conte and the rest of the players before putting pressure on him to hit the ground running. If he does great but patience is needed before really judging him.

Good luck with that.

If he doesn't hit the ground running, I think we should be willing to give him a year or two as long as the application, tenacity, and ultimately progression in terms of his individual development and team sense. He might've been a big fish in a little pond at Forest but he will have to humble himself as a little fish now. Playing 42 matches last season is extremely impressive though (not sure if that's just regular season games or includes the playoffs too, but doesn't really matter either way).

Any news on him lately? Is he off running laps and catching up on a Conte preseason!?

Would be good to see him once he's fit and ready

Any news on him lately? Is he off running laps and catching up on a Conte preseason!?

Would be good to see him once he's fit and ready

No idea but moura came on for emerson. So doherty isn't getting a sniff. Let alone spence (who was in the squad, just not on the bench). All 4 seems too many, some will need game time.

Maybe a loan abroad? Or sell one. Dunno.

No idea but moura came on for emerson. So doherty isn't getting a sniff. Let alone spence (who was in the squad, just not on the bench). All 4 seems too many, some will need game time.

Maybe a loan abroad? Or sell one. Dunno.
Chasing a game is the reason Moura came on, it was t really à like for like sub

Chasing a game is the reason Moura came on, it was t really à like for like sub
He has been playing Moura wingback since pre season and Conte said he is an option there. Doherty is considered a more attacking wing back than Emerson, and has previously been brought on when needing a goal. He has now turned to Moura for that role, so it doesn’t seem Doherty has much of a future with Spence also here….

Back