• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Goon Thread - Officially Second In A One Horse Race

What is shocking is they only finished 2 points behind us! Hopefully, we can put some daylight between them this season, but no doubt we'll be competing at various points. Need to put the boot in. All those years from when we got Graham and them some flamboyant Frenchie still need redress!

What is shocking is they only finished 2 points behind us! Hopefully, we can put some daylight between them this season, but no doubt we'll be competing at various points. Need to put the boot in. All those years from when we got Graham and them some flamboyant Frenchie still need redress!
We had a poor season, best player effectively went on strike until Christmas and sacked the manager mid-way through. Whilst they spent a fortune (again), had a settled manager and no European football, out in the 3rd (their first) round of the FA cup, almost played as few games as is possible, yet we still finished 2 points ahead of them, That’s what’s shocking!

I can’t see us being as vulnerable again this season.

Football players generally can’t control their emotions
It’s why the very elite stand out

Even the foolish dont like to appear so in public, it's not like they dont know it's going to happen, they are trying to portray their best image, in a game they just react to situations they may not know about, this has been arranged weeks in advance. I've seen plenty of elite players who dont behave like complete idiots but far more idiots who think they are elite players.

Even the foolish dont like to appear so in public, it's not like they dont know it's going to happen, they are trying to portray their best image, in a game they just react to situations they may not know about, this has been arranged weeks in advance. I've seen plenty of elite players who dont behave like complete idiots but far more idiots who think they are elite players.
Really like the last part :)

I can't work out if I really think this or just want to but if I was a gooner I'd be unhappy that these pep talk things are being portrayed as Arteta's strength. I don't think he's got the tactical nous of many, if not most, of the managers in the prem so these little clips of him drawing hearts, playing other teams anthem, etc are his USP but they feel a bit Brentish (perhaps he gets out his guitar mid team talk at some point) and you have to keep coming up with new ideas or it's all a bit stale

I am really looking forward to the final episode which will cover the match against us and against the Toon :D

Going by the early reviews of the series I think with those matches they're gonna be shown as the plucky underdog who just failed at the last hurdle, through no fault of their own and just bad luck.

Going by the early reviews of the series I think with those matches they're gonna be shown as the plucky underdog who just failed at the last hurdle, through no fault of their own and just bad luck.

I will be still be watching it with pop corn in hand :D

I’d forgotten White was 50m. LOL.

Also enjoyed Arteta getting out of his car and the door almost knocking him right back in.

Watched the first episode, everything seems pretty normal for a football club but my word is Arteta boring. Cringe is one thing but he's so fudging dull, and the doodles on the board, no player is putting up with that for more than a few years before they lose their fudging mind listening to it.

Not new, but their fans are a state.

I think Arteta is a loon too, but they flipped after two games, when he’d not been able to use his new signings and half the squad (supposedly) had covid.

Watched episode 1, just goes on about how young the team/squad/manager is (youngest in the league if you didn't know already!), and they are somehow underdogs/unlucky. Auba subtly edited as the baddie with his flash cars and clothes. And Ramsdale's dad wears a really sh!t hat.

Back