• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Goon Thread - Officially Second In A One Horse Race

What nobody will admit to is that they do not know all the facts or both sides agreements, without those you cannot make a judgement. It's about how social media misuses such situation and gets uninformed people to making assumptions. These case are legal issues and are to be debated in court, the results of a trial are fair comment for debate on all mediums but nobody should be found guilty by public opinion before trial.

I'm not trying to justify anyones actions or morals, simply trying to demonstrate there could be differing views on the case. I will not make my mind up until after the case if there is one as I believe it's a much better alternative than to lock people up on an others word without a trial.

When the conviction rate for sexual assualt is 2% then I'm not at all surprised women go onto social media to show their evidence. Particularly when it's a technicality. The courts you want to rely on are failing them horribly and are inneffective. The innocent until proven guilty line trotted out is also empty in the face of figures like 98% of cases don't end in conviction. If a man isn't ultimately convicted it certainly doesn't show he's innocent. This is why Arsenal are looking mucky in this and it's going to get worse for them if you know who continues to be fielded. I say good on these women who put their evidence up on social media, their frustration with the legal system may have boiled over and they need some kind of recourse. The amount of women making allegations up is going to be a tiny fraction in the 98% of men who get off. Victims talk about their day in court and needing to be heard and this provides a version of that.

Last edited:
When the conviction rate for sexual assualt is 2% then I'm not at all surprised women go onto social media to show their evidence. Particularly when it's a technicality. The courts you want to rely on are failing them horribly and are inneffective. The innocent until proven guilty line trotted out is also empty in the face of figures like 98% of cases don't end in conviction. If a man isn't ultimately convicted it certainly doesn't show he's innocent. This is why Arsenal are looking mucky in this and it's going to get worse for them if you know who continues to be fielded. I say good on these women who put their evidence up on social media, their frustration with the legal system may have boiled over and they need some kind of recourse. The amount of women making allegations up is going to be a tiny fraction in the 98% of men who get off. Victims talk about their day in court and needing to be heard and this provides a version of that.

They could sue. Civil cases don't need evidence beyond reasonable doubt. They are a balance of probabilities. Who the judge thinks is more likely to be telling the truth.

he starts this afternoon too
if he is guilty Arsenal have no shame

or it was someone else, isn’t there another player that age that hasn’t been seen for a while?

edit: scratch that, I see the other name I’ve seen is also involved today

would assume the club know more about the situation and know the player isn’t guilty?

or it was someone else, isn’t there another player that age that hasn’t been seen for a while?

edit: scratch that, I see the other name I’ve seen is also involved today

would assume the club know more about the situation and know the player isn’t guilty?

They probably only know what he's told them. They are limited in what they can do. As if he is proved innocent he can take them to court. He hasn't been charged yet.

Forget the vid. Read the comments (click on the writing to go to youtube). Arsenal fans wow.

There’s some quality comments on there. My favourite was the rambling monologue about how their rebuild has been the best out of every club in the league but that “the actual results/league finishes have been lackluster [sic]”.

Who cares about the actual results, eh?

I think they will do alright next season, think they will play more eye catching football than we will but whether its as effective or not is yet to be seen. They will get more media coverage than us which is not a bad thing.

Back