• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Preseason 2022

I have no specific concerns over Spence. Just that I expected to see more of him seeing as I felt we still look weak in a couple of areas and RWB being one of them. Seeing as that’s what we signed him for. I don’t really see the issue in saying that.

Pre season is the best time to blood players and expected to see more.

No harm in saying that but equally it's valid to point out that he is behind the rest of the squad wrt fitness training which is more important than getting a run out in a second friendly.

No harm in saying that but equally it's valid to point out that he is behind the rest of the squad wrt fitness training which is more important than getting a run out in a second friendly.

We'll probably have a practice match midweek anyway.

Bissouma is exactly that, breaks up play and then carries ball up the pitch, for me when need better than PEH next to him in order for this to kick on.
We have better than PEH for that role already. His name is Bentancur. Now whether he gets picked ahead of either of Bissouma or PEH is going to be interesting to see.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

We'll probably have a practice match midweek anyway.

I was thinking about this the other day. It used to be that we would have a whole load of friendlies in preseason, Building up from some non league side, maybe a mini tour of Iceland, before finishing off with 1 or 2 better sides. Even a few Spurs XI games too. Its changed a lot over the last decade or so hasn't it. Tours of US, Asia etc. followed by the odd big home friendly.

I was thinking about this the other day. It used to be that we would have a whole load of friendlies in preseason, Building up from some non league side, maybe a mini tour of Iceland, before finishing off with 1 or 2 better sides. Even a few Spurs XI games too. Its changed a lot over the last decade or so hasn't it. Tours of US, Asia etc. followed by the odd big home friendly.

Big money. Think someone said nike sent 200,000 spurs shirts to korea for our tour. They sold in one day. At £115 each. Other merch, ticket sales... we're a global brand now.

Big money. Think someone said nike sent 200,000 spurs shirts to korea for our tour. They sold in one day. At £115 each. Other merch, ticket sales... we're a global brand now.

Shirt sales go to Nike though unfortunately, might help negotiate the next deal though

Shirt sales go to Nike though unfortunately, might help negotiate the next deal though
You sure?
I believe we had a very different deal to other clubs, hence the lower fee up front
Our contract is not a normal contract and it’s why it’s longer term too
We haven’t sold our merchandising rights so keep an element of everything

I wonder how many we have to sell before the we get more money. As I think most deals go along the lines we’ll pay you x amount to be your kit supplier. But if you sell over y amount of shirts you get a cut of the sales after that amount.

I think we get 10% but the bulk is in the initial deal

Where are you getting that from?

It may be higher. Clubs traditionally get around 7.5-10%. When our deal was announced levy said we shouldn't compare it to other clubs deals as we keep more of the rights including merch sales and club shop sales. Liverpool get 20% of every sale from nike. 10% was the number floating about.

https://punditarena.com/football/robredmond/football-clubs-jersey-sales-premier-league/

https://www.spurs-web.com/spurs-new...is-not-comparable-with-premier-league-rivals/

Last edited:
I have no specific concerns over Spence. Just that I expected to see more of him seeing as I felt we still look weak in a couple of areas and RWB being one of them. Seeing as that’s what we signed him for. I don’t really see the issue in saying that.

Pre season is the best time to blood players and expected to see more.I said if Spence is not up to the task then will be weak at RWB. This was in relation to WBs being crucial to our System.

I think I get your point, but I also think it's impossible to know what Conte thinks about Spence, when he'll be ready for the first team etc. He got minutes against Rangers. This was our last preseason game before Southampton and if Conte thinks it will take a few weeks even for Spence he may have thought it more important to get more minutes into players that will feature from the start of the season.

Doherty did really well last season, if Spence can settle in over the next couple of months and start challenging Royal at the last that will be progress.

It may be higher. Clubs traditionally get around 7.5-10%. When our deal was announced levy said we shouldn't compare it to other clubs deals as we keep more of the rights including merch sales and club shop sales. Liverpool get 20% of every sale from nike. 10% was the number floating about.

https://punditarena.com/football/robredmond/football-clubs-jersey-sales-premier-league/

https://www.spurs-web.com/spurs-new...is-not-comparable-with-premier-league-rivals/
Yep
Our deal is very different
I’d guess we get 30/40% as we own the brand
Pool don’t in their deal and don’t get a merchandise fee
Most clubs don’t in their deals
I’m ours, it’s in our interest to sell more shirts

Back