• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

UEFA Women's EURO

Well done England! A great achievement after some great game management at the end. I know the standard doesn’t begin to compare to the men’s game but you can’t judge it by that benchmark. They came out top in a tournament of their peers, they deserve the accolades they will get.
Standards will get better and better especially if there is a growing pool of young girls and women with the opportunity to play the game.
I don’t watch a lot of women’s football so I feel very lucky to have been there to witness the win.
It will never be the same as seeing Tottenham win though. There was a great party atmosphere throughout and especially at the end but I can’t say it ever really felt like a “football atmosphere” as we would know it.
We did have the drummer and trumpeter a few rows behind us which was initially a bit of a pain but it did help get an atmosphere going in a crowd that is not going to start much chanting of its own.

All in all a very good day, a fantastic result and another step forward for women’s football.

Well done England! A great achievement after some great game management at the end. I know the standard doesn’t begin to compare to the men’s game but you can’t judge it by that benchmark. They came out top in a tournament of their peers, they deserve the accolades they will get.
Standards will get better and better especially if there is a growing pool of young girls and women with the opportunity to play the game.
I don’t watch a lot of women’s football so I feel very lucky to have been there to witness the win.
It will never be the same as seeing Tottenham win though. There was a great party atmosphere throughout and especially at the end but I can’t say it ever really felt like a “football atmosphere” as we would know it.
We did have the drummer and trumpeter a few rows behind us which was initially a bit of a pain but it did help get an atmosphere going in a crowd that is not going to start much chanting of its own.

All in all a very good day, a fantastic result and another step forward for women’s football.
Lucky you for being there
Was a great result and hard work to win too
They deserve every credit

How good do you reckon the girls feel now? Goddamn. To come from the position women's football have been in, in England, to winning the Euros on home turf in front of a packed house (before the men won anything since '66). Damn. It must feel good to be them right now. And what won't it mean for young girls playing football in England? It's brilliant. My cousin's 9-year old daughter is a real talent, huge Spurs fan, dreams of one day playing for Spurs, and loved watching the Euros. Feelgood story of the summer.

How good do you reckon the girls feel now? Goddamn. To come from the position women's football have been in, in England, to winning the Euros on home turf in front of a packed house (before the men won anything since '66). Damn. It must feel good to be them right now. And what won't it mean for young girls playing football in England? It's brilliant. My cousin's 9-year old daughter is a real talent, huge Spurs fan, dreams of one day playing for Spurs, and loved watching the Euros. Feelgood story of the summer.

Englands womens team have been doing well for years. They got to the semis in the 3 previous major competitions.

Is it true that in 1966 the FA still banned organised women's football?

Edit. Yes, it was banned from on FA affiliated grounds from 1921 to 1972. The reasoning for the ban is staggering.

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...mens-football-in-1921-and-tried-to-justify-it

There was a documentary about the history of women’s football in the UK )or maybe just England) on a few years ago. Will see if I can find it as it was interesting watching. Huge crowds watched it during WWI years when it was permitted (men off fighting in the war obviously but those not fighting turned out in strength to watch the women play) and it continued in some form for a good while thereafter but I think not in any official format. Need to look it up but it is ridiculous that it took until 1971 for it to be officially sanctioned.

Anyone watching the trophy parade thing on Bbc1? It seems really awkward and the crowd are dead.

Back