• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Goon Thread - Officially Second In A One Horse Race

troy-community.gif

No you are some how trying to justify someone forcing their dingdong into an unconcious womans mouth.

Now the allegations may not be true. But you are trying to justify someone doing it. Stop.

No you are trying to justify making a decision on a subject you dont have all the facts about. There are two sides to all legal cases, you only know what you have seen on the internet, do you know for a fact that is true? If there is a case to be made the facts will come out in a public court and not rumours on social media. Anyone forcing an other person to do something they dont want to should be punished by the law, but only after the due legal process. Social media only makes things more difficult to get an impartial jury as too many people read all the crap that's on it and believe its gospel.

No you are trying to justify making a decision on a subject you dont have all the facts about. There are two sides to all legal cases, you only know what you have seen on the internet, do you know for a fact that is true? If there is a case to be made the facts will come out in a public court and not rumours on social media. Anyone forcing an other person to do something they dont want to should be punished by the law, but only after the due legal process. Social media only makes things more difficult to get an impartial jury as too many people read all the crap that's on it and believe its gospel.

What decision have i made? The post you quoted i said the alegations may not be true. I've never once said he's guilty of anything.

Have you ever cuddled a woman and while kissing her fondled her breast? Did you ask her permission or were you indecently assaulting her? Its all so messy in these cases, that's why its so hard to get a conviction. I not saying whether the incident took place I'm trying to make the point all the facts need to be known before anyone can make judgements. This is what is so wrong about the internet it's not the place to form opinions as anyone can post whatever misinformation or lies on it.

As a stand-alone comment, regardless of whether the woman on twitter is telling the truth or not, comparing the situation you describe and the one she is saying happened are so incredibly different I can’t believe you are being serious

On a lighter note, a gooner friend I spoke to today for the first time in a while is adamant they’re finishing top 3, minimum. He feels Jesus and zinchenko are the missing ingredients. I countered that arteta will be gone by Christmas

Have you ever cuddled a woman and while kissing her fondled her breast? Did you ask her permission or were you indecently assaulting her? Its all so messy in these cases, that's why its so hard to get a conviction. I not saying whether the incident took place I'm trying to make the point all the facts need to be known before anyone can make judgements. This is what is so wrong about the internet it's not the place to form opinions as anyone can post whatever misinformation or lies on it.

Not when she was unconscious I have not and whenever I have and been knocked back I have apologised.

From what I have been told by a friend in the legal trade his messages alone would be ground for moving forward however there are also technicalities at play to be exploited. Very Similar to Ronaldo

Not the thread for this but my view on rape and sexual assault is pretty simple....consent is EVERYTHING.

I can't abide whataboutery-type comments and what-ifs...stop and think about all sexual interactions you've ever had with another person; was the other person fully consenting? It's a binary answer - yes or no. Not maybe, ever. Ever!

There are NO I repeat NO blurred or unclear lines

Apologies for the rant, its a subject close to my heart due to the work my wife does but also because I have a teenage son who I hope grows up to respect other people in a way that means that he would never treat people like this or think that he can come out with ignorant comments like those that I have seen people using around this and other high profile rape cases.... be a real human and respect other people, not f***ing difficult

What nobody will admit to is that they do not know all the facts or both sides agreements, without those you cannot make a judgement. It's about how social media misuses such situation and gets uninformed people to making assumptions. These case are legal issues and are to be debated in court, the results of a trial are fair comment for debate on all mediums but nobody should be found guilty by public opinion before trial.

I'm not trying to justify anyones actions or morals, simply trying to demonstrate there could be differing views on the case. I will not make my mind up until after the case if there is one as I believe it's a much better alternative than to lock people up on an others word without a trial.

Not the thread for this but my view on rape and sexual assault is pretty simple....consent is EVERYTHING.

I can't abide whataboutery-type comments and what-ifs...stop and think about all sexual interactions you've ever had with another person; was the other person fully consenting? It's a binary answer - yes or no. Not maybe, ever. Ever!

There are NO I repeat NO blurred or unclear lines

Apologies for the rant, its a subject close to my heart due to the work my wife does but also because I have a teenage son who I hope grows up to respect other people in a way that means that he would never treat people like this or think that he can come out with ignorant comments like those that I have seen people using around this and other high profile rape cases.... be a real human and respect other people, not f***ing difficult

Agree with the sentiment (as I would hope absolutely everyone would) but...Unless we were to approach a situation prior to every non platonic interaction, some kind of verbal contract or consent box was to be ticked, it's always going to end up as one person's account versus another. I get you wanting things to be absolutely clear and binary but perception of a situation is not, like watching posters on here discuss a player's performance, having watched the same footage will have completely contrasting opinions. It's a good shout on inviting people to self reflect on previous interactions but again, unless consent is explicitly stated, it has to be an assumption of an understanding of emotions, situation etc

You may find it a simple subject, but for many it seems awareness of differing factors is still a massive issue ie to this day there's still people that believe it isn't possible to rape someone you're married to, an absolutely horrific POV but was a viewpoint printed as being the way of GHod (or one of them at least). Yes treat people with respect and be a real human, comment sense notions that I am behind 100% as we all should be, but even the idea of respect is rather subjective.

Last edited:
Agree with the sentiment (as I would hope absolutely everyone would) but...Unless we were to approach a situation prior to every non platonic interaction, some kind of verbal contract or consent box was to be ticked, it's always going to one person's account versus another. I get you wanting things to be absolutely clear and binary but perception of a situation is not, like watching posters on here discuss a player's performance, having watched the same footage will have completely contrasting opinions. It's a good shout on inviting people to self reflect on previous interactions but again, unless consent is explicitly stated, it has to be an assumption of an understanding of emotions, situation etc

You may find it a simple subject, but for many it seems awareness of differing factors is still a massive issue ie to this day there's still people that believe it isn't possible to rape someone you're married to, an absolutely horrific POV but was a viewpoint printed as being the way of GHod (or one of them at least). Yes treat people with respect and be a real human, comment sense notions that I am behind 100% as we all should be, but even the idea of respect is rather subjective.

Apologies, I'm not sure I understand what point you're trying to make here at all

What nobody will admit to is that they do not know all the facts or both sides agreements, without those you cannot make a judgement. It's about how social media misuses such situation and gets uninformed people to making assumptions. These case are legal issues and are to be debated in court, the results of a trial are fair comment for debate on all mediums but nobody should be found guilty by public opinion before trial.

I'm not trying to justify anyones actions or morals, simply trying to demonstrate there could be differing views on the case. I will not make my mind up until after the case if there is one as I believe it's a much better alternative than to lock people up on an others word without a trial.

I don’t think anyone has made a judgement. I haven’t read on this forum anyone saying that, based purely on the allegations, the player should be locked up or that she should be vilified for being a liar. Because as you say, we don’t know the facts

But we can say that IF what she’s saying is true then the player is 100% in the wrong because the situation she describes is clearly non consensual

Apologies, I'm not sure I understand what point you're trying to make here at all

No worries, a point if I was making one is that it's clear that a lot more awareness and education is needed. You've said consent is everything, which I agree with, but unless there is a collective understanding of what it is to grant consent then making the subject out to be a simple one doesn't seem too helpful for the general discourse.

I've had one night stands where I'm pretty certain neither myself nor the other party verbally stated consent as being granted, it was a mutual understanding reached via human interaction, would that now be considered unwise because two people have assumed the feelings /intentions of each other without getting it written down / recorded?

No worries, a point if I was making one is that it's clear that a lot more awareness and education is needed. You've said consent is everything, which I agree with, but unless there is a collective understanding of what it is to grant consent then making the subject out to be a simple one doesn't seem too helpful for the general discourse.

I've had one night stands where I'm pretty certain neither myself nor the other party verbally stated consent as being granted, it was a mutual understanding reached via human interaction, would that now be considered unwise because two people have assumed the feelings /intentions of each other without getting it written down / recorded?

Thanks for clarifying

I'll repeat: consent is EVERYTHING

At no point though did I say it has to be written or even oral.... but if you 'think' it's consent but you're not 100% sure, then make the effort to be sure

That's all

The alleged rape/sexual assault took place in Spain and for that reason he cannot be prosecuted in England (not sure why she hasn't brought it to the attention of the Spanish police and looked for a prosecution there, maybe she has and got nowhere). Seemingly the law changed 10 days after the incident so if it had happened a couple of weeks later he would be facing a trial or at least further investigation. As a result of that she published the screenshots on Twitter.

Lots of the comments made to her are vile. The lack of understanding around consent is really astonishing on there. Some Arsenal fans are making comments about how he is more important to their season than the incident so she should drop it. That's not a go at Arsenal, would be the same with fans of every club including ours.

The alleged rape/sexual assault took place in Spain and for that reason he cannot be prosecuted in England (not sure why she hasn't brought it to the attention of the Spanish police and looked for a prosecution there, maybe she has and got nowhere). Seemingly the law changed 10 days after the incident so if it had happened a couple of weeks later he would be facing a trial or at least further investigation. As a result of that she published the screenshots on Twitter.

Lots of the comments made to her are vile. The lack of understanding around consent is really astonishing on there. Some Arsenal fans are making comments about how he is more important to their season than the incident so she should drop it. That's not a go at Arsenal, would be the same with fans of every club including ours.

Only 1 of the 3 has been dropped. The others are still under investigation though?

Last edited:

I have not read any or the seen any comments in news so would not know where this incident took place, adding to my submission that people dont know all the facts.
Some wish to interpret my posting as an excusing abuse of women which is not the case, possibly some who think this are the same who think posting of semi-naked women covered in custard as a mark of respect.
My post is about how the internet is not he place to judge this as it's open to manipulation.

Back