• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Davinson Sanchez

I don't see it. The lad has too many mistakes in him for me and, at this point, that's not going to change sufficiently for him to be a consistent starter. I'd love to be proven wrong but, at best, he's the 5th choice CB and rightly so.
Not sure how he is at best 5th choice CB when Conte only ever called on him above any other CB when one of the first choice CBs got injured. Or have you already decided Lenglet is ahead of him based on 20 minutes of pre season football?:D He has had his poor games in the past, but some of the criticism he gets is OTT and since Conte has been here has been fine….

Not sure how he is at best 5th choice CB when Conte only ever called on him above any other CB when one of the first choice CBs got injured. Or have you already decided Lenglet is ahead of him based on 20 minutes of pre season football?:D He has had his poor games in the past, but some of the criticism he gets is OTT and since Conte has been here has been fine….

Admittedly I'm making an assumption to push him down to 5th because I've never seen Lenglet play that I recall. But I'd be absolutely shocked if we signed a player who is more error prone than Sanchez.

Admittedly I'm making an assumption to push him down to 5th because I've never seen Lenglet play that I recall. But I'd be absolutely shocked if we signed a player who is more error prone than Sanchez.

And as poor on the ball as Sanchez. Amazing that we signed the only player from Ajax who isn’t comfortable on the ball.

If i had my way davies and dier would be our back up cbs with 2 world class defenders brought in. But it's not. Sanchez is not great but adequate back up until we can improve.

I agree. I think it’s still the one area where we can and should look to improve. We have Romero, we just need another class CB to compliment him.

I agree. I think it’s still the one area where we can and should look to improve. We have Romero, we just need another class CB to compliment him.

Dier in a 2 is a worry but I actually think he looks excellent in a 3. He can get away with more because he has two to cover mistakes and you can see he’s the leader in that defence. I wouldn’t look to upgrade him to be honest.

Dier in a 2 is a worry but I actually think he looks excellent in a 3. He can get away with more because he has two to cover mistakes and you can see he’s the leader in that defence. I wouldn’t look to upgrade him to be honest.

He's not a priority by any means and yes was very good last season. But i'd look to upgrade any position we can.

If i had my way davies and dier would be our back up cbs with 2 world class defenders brought in. But it's not. Sanchez is not great but adequate back up until we can improve.

If that is your logic we might as well upgrade every single player that is not WORLD CLASS. Now tell me, how many undisputable WORLD CLASS players do we truly have?

Romero looks excellent in a 3 not Dier.
I don't think he's the leader Romero does his thing.
If we can get better I think we should. It will make a significant difference to our play.

Sent from my SM-T865 using Fapatalk

And as poor on the ball as Sanchez. Amazing that we signed the only player from Ajax who isn’t comfortable on the ball.

His biggest weakness. Unless something has changed since the end of last season that I’m not aware of. It’s something opposing teams will continue to target whenever he’s on the pitch. And it’s a vulnerability I’m surprised we haven’t addressed.

If that is your logic we might as well upgrade every single player that is not WORLD CLASS. Now tell me, how many undisputable WORLD CLASS players do we truly have?

No my logic is to look to strengthen the team when we can. As i said it's not a priority and we are looking at other areas first. But if we have the money and a player is available that would upgrade dier or davies why would we not want to?

As for how many world class players at the moment i'd say 4. Perisic, kane, son and romero could play in any team and not look out of place. We'll see if bisouma can join that list.

Romero looks excellent in a 3 not Dier.
I don't think he's the leader Romero does his thing.
If we can get better I think we should. It will make a significant difference to our play.

Sent from my SM-T865 using Fapatalk

You can see in the games that it's Dier doing the organising. He's in people's ear a lot. On Romero, who I love, you're right. He's looked much, much better in a 3 for us than a 2. He's been very ropey in a 2 albeit we were struggling at the time.

No my logic is to look to strengthen the team when we can. As i said it's not a priority and we are looking at other areas first. But if we have the money and a player is available that would upgrade dier or davies why would we not want to?

As for how many world class players at the moment i'd say 4. Perisic, kane, son and romero could play in any team and not look out of place. We'll see if bisouma can join that list.

Well I believe replacing Dier is nowhere near close to the top of things that need upgrading, and Conte obviously agrees.

I think Romero is the leader personally. Dier has always been good at pointing and shouting. Ledley King wasn’t very vocal on the pitch, but it was clear he was always leading the back line as he was almost always our best defender.

You can see in the games that it's Dier doing the organising. He's in people's ear a lot. On Romero, who I love, you're right. He's looked much, much better in a 3 for us than a 2. He's been very ropey in a 2 albeit we were struggling at the time.

There is still a lot of fans who will dig at Dier as they had made their mind up he was brick ages ago, however since Conte came he has been one of our better players and he does lead that defense.

Back