• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Clement Lenglet

I'm just counting on what Conte did with Kulu and Benta.. He knows what he needs in a team and how to get the player there. Also with the rest who didn't make the cut. Such ruthlessness and decisiveness I support wholeheartedly. These players earn megabucks, no need to coddle them.

Sent from my SM-S908E using Fapatalk

Again, how many coaches have Barca had in recent years that have struggled to get them playing and being solid at the back? You got to remember that Barca as a team have not been great for a few years so its obvious some players will also have a dip. Now he has got a proper coach who gets the best out of his defensive players, we will see the best of Lenglet i’m sure.

Not seen this guy play even once. Reading around though if he's so good on the ball and Conte likes his offensive wide CBs it sounds like he will certainly give us a different look there.

Nice cameo yesterday, def cultured on the ball, TBH if he is the real deal and can play on the left with Romero on the right thats impressive

Comfort on the ball is clear, wasn't tested too much defensively. But he needs to play just because I can't stand how turgid we look without ball-playing defenders in the back line - if it means he leaks a few goals here and there (as was supposedly his issue at Barca), it'll be made up by watching him and Romero play defense-splitting passes into the feet of our forwards as opposed to hopeful punts from Davies and Sanchez.

Nice debut, seems like a very smart loan. Questions were always defensively though and we were soo dominate that it’s difficult to judge that.

I hoped/predicted he’d be the big surprise for us this season and that debut encourages me even more.

Kane just called him Clem on Twitter. That'll be easier than Langlet Langlay L'anglais

Think people are being a bit harsh on Davies to be honest. He's been excellent since Conte's come in. Lenglet did look very good today though.

Just that ability, like Romero, to be able to play like a midfielder. Lenglet has that. Wasn’t the most testing game defensively but he did everything asked of him. His better use of the ball is what he has over Davies, but Davies maybe the better defender? Time will tell.

Kane just called him Clem on Twitter. That'll be easier than Langlet Langlay L'anglais
Everyone knows there's only one Clem. Even Stephen wasn't allowed to use that nickname

legends-rayclemence-1.jpg

It's just a straight loan right? No option to buy?

Yeah, But I'm sure we'd have a great chance to make it perm (or at least loan again) if he's a success and is happy. Obviously a long way to go (He could start dropping clangers) but was very good today.

Back