• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Preseason 2022

I think he looked a little bit like a deer in the headlights, gave the ball away on occasion and there was one moment when i think it was him and Bissouma were standing up a player, anither player overlapped which was obvious to see and even when Bissouma pointed to follow the runner he stood there and let it happen.

Obviously its his first game and hasn’t been with us very long at all and it was probably nerves. I’m not going to judge him on one pre season friendly game that he played 20 minutes in.

Dont let that stop you writing him off, there are plenty who will.

It was on a screen right in front of my eyes, but I can't say I remember any of it. Maybe Kulusevski should have scored. I don't know.

I never take any notice of pre match press conferences and little of the post match ones, but I was pleased to read Conte's comments about intensity and playing to win all games as it gets the mentality right. It's easy to pick up sloppy habit in these games and right that we should push ourselves along with giving players game time.

Think he has a decision to make. We could loan spence abroad to get him experience, but he's hg. So it wouldn't free a squad space, we'd just be short even if we brought in a hg. Doherty was our best wb last season and can play left in emergencies. Emerson better defensively but terrible in the final 3rd. Moura wants to stay one more year then go to brazil so doubtful he'd sign for anyone is also cover rwf. But we don't need 4.
Doesn’t Doherty count as HG for prem league just not Europe??

Think he has a decision to make. We could loan spence abroad to get him experience, but he's hg. So it wouldn't free a squad space, we'd just be short even if we brought in a hg. Doherty was our best wb last season and can play left in emergencies. Emerson better defensively but terrible in the final 3rd. Moura wants to stay one more year then go to brazil so doubtful he'd sign for anyone is also cover rwf. But we don't need 4.
RWB... Doherty and Moura. Spence understudy.
Royal cam cover for RCB, Romeros position.
Can we keep all? Also when Royal was RWB we weren't great going forwards but he was solid at the back. Remember how repelled wave after wave of Emirates Marketing Project and pool attacks down that side.

Sent from my SM-T865 using Fapatalk

I never take any notice of pre match press conferences and little of the post match ones, but I was pleased to read Conte's comments about intensity and playing to win all games as it gets the mentality right. It's easy to pick up sloppy habit in these games and right that we should push ourselves along with giving players game time.
Spoke about being clinical too. He's line of thought was
- move the ball well
- create chances
- score

I was only half watching but Spence seemed a positive influence overall to me
Was mentioned by Conte in the post match interview as one who needs to work very hard to know what is expected of him. Lol poor guy, not his fault he missed pre season.

Was mentioned by Conte in the post match interview as one who needs to work very hard to know what is expected of him. Lol poor guy, not his fault he missed pre season.

Hmmm another quote to add to his ‘club buy’ one

I wonder how much of it is man management?
We all know the rumours about his attitude and the Instagram post.
It sounds like the kind of attitude that if challenged and nurtured correctly can make him a beast and absolute winner, but could easily go the other way too.
Sounds like Conte is very much throwing down the gauntlet and saying "you haven't done anything yet. Don't think you've made it. Prove you will."

My take from the pre season games :
Son and Kane look better than ever! Kane looks fitter, quicker and sharper than he's done for many years. The rest is a bit meh...
Not looking fluid, and I think we actually might struggle early on if the team doesn't properly gel until the season starts.
Everyone is a bit too optimistic, so I recon something will go horribly wrong.

First match of the new season at home to Southampton who have played 3, drawn 2 without scoring and lost one 3-1.
One more preseason friendly for us, lets bed some of the new guys in and get off to a winning start on the 6th

First match of the new season at home to Southampton who have played 3, drawn 2 without scoring and lost one 3-1.
One more preseason friendly for us, lets bed some of the new guys in and get off to a winning start on the 6th

Remember under ramos we won all our preseason games, then went 2 points in 8 games. Think there was another time under francis we lost nearly every game of preseason with a physio on the bench for one, then had a great start.

Preseasons are meaningless. Just prep.

Remember under ramos we won all our preseason games, then went 2 points in 8 games. Think there was another time under francis we lost nearly every game of preseason with a physio on the bench for one, then had a great start.

Preseasons are meaningless. Just prep.
I think they were but it has changed a lot

Back