• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer thread

never really seen zinchencko get exposed as a FB for city. May just be that he is playing in a good system. Looks good playing internationally in CM. I think he is a tidy player that improves Arsenal if they get him.
He got outpaced by Harry fudging Winks to get himself sent off in one of our frequent wins over city.
How about that!

He got outpaced by Harry fudging Winks to get himself sent off in one of our frequent wins over city.
How about that!

Yeah but going by one game judgement’s we are talking about the same Harry winks who played that one good game vs Madrid, you know the new iniesta…

Yeah but going by one game judgement’s we are talking about the same Harry winks who played that one good game vs Madrid, you know the new iniesta…
And the one good game at the nou camp
And the one good game in a champions league final

you know, insignificant, nothing games like that, flat track bully!

not saying we should keep Winks or anything but let’s not rewrite history hey.

And the one good game at the nou camp
And the one good game in a champions league final

you know, insignificant, nothing games like that, flat track bully!

not saying we should keep Winks or anything but let’s not rewrite history hey.

yet Zinchenko who has won pretty much everything domestically is seen as average. I bet zinchenko has had as many poor games as winks has had good games.

yet Zinchenko who has won pretty much everything domestically is seen as average. I bet zinchenko has had as many poor games as winks has had good games.
He's better than average, but no world beater. Very versatile, but a jack of all trades, master of none type player.

He's better than average, but no world beater. Very versatile, but a jack of all trades, master of none type player.

why because it’s so easy to drop in a cliche to form an opinion?

how about a master utility player. Easily drops in defence for a title winning side, and then easily changed position when playing for his country.

He’s quality, not just better than average. How many world beaters have we signed this window? Just to give me some perspective on your definition.

why because it’s so easy to drop in a cliche to form an opinion?

how about a master utility player. Easily drops in defence for a title winning side, and then easily changed position when playing for his country.

He’s quality, not just better than average. How many world beaters have we signed this window? Just to give me some perspective on your definition.
We haven't signed any world beaters, but Peresic, Bissouma and Richarlison are all comfortably better players than Zinchenko.

Zinchenko was a pretty average left back, that's why City are selling him. He didn't often play CM for them, if he was any good there they'd keep him as back up but they bought Kalvin Phillips instead.
I like this line of thinking.
He looked really good in CM for Ukraine recently though, but I guess the caveat is he was playing Scotland and Wales!

It may be bias but I do prefer all our 4 main CM’s. Bit of perspective needed maybe, can get carried away with the hype when you see other teams signing players.

I like this line of thinking.
He looked really good in CM for Ukraine recently though, but I guess the caveat is he was playing Scotland and Wales!

It may be bias but I do prefer all our 4 main CM’s. Bit of perspective needed maybe, can get carried away with the hype when you see other teams signing players.
I don’t agree with that thinking at all. Is Jesus no good as well because he was sold and they got in Haaland? Like you I’ve seen Zinchenko play CM a few times for Ukraine and he is very good there. He is a good signing for Arsenal no matter how it’s dressed up…..

I don’t agree with that thinking at all. Is Jesus no good as well because he was sold and they got in Haaland? Like you I’ve seen Zinchenko play CM a few times for Ukraine and he is very good there. He is a good signing for Arsenal no matter how it’s dressed up…..
He improves their team so he is a good signing
But he wouldn’t get in our team at CM or Left back so he wouldn’t improve us
Doesn’t make him poor

I think Zinchenko is an ok player nothing brilliant. He’s also frequently shown himself to be a bit of a hot-head on the pitch, easily wound up. Perfect for Arsenal.

I think Zinchenko is an ok player nothing brilliant. He’s also frequently shown himself to be a bit of a hot-head on the pitch, easily wound up. Perfect for Arsenal.
I think it’s something they still haven’t addressed
Mentality
They haven’t IMO brought anyone in who can fix that on the pitch. They haven’t brought in leadership and experience (the two from city have won things but arguably were not key to the success)

i think he could easily push sessegnon and perisic for LWB.
Possibly
He hasn’t really played there so hard to tell
I’d prefer Perisic myself as it’s his position now and he is a better, proven player
If we were buying a LWB of have gone for Kostic

Back