• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Preseason 2022

I get that its about fitness etc but surely you want your team to play with abit more bite.

Maybe. But we're trying to get match fit. We're not expected to be yet. With the amount of changes during a game it's difficult to play well.

The aim is for it all to come together for first game of the season.

What I learnt or saw

Those given a chance to stamp a claim did not AND unsurprisingly the additions of Bissouma, Spence and Perisic made us MUCH better

Thought Moura did well when he came on, but games like these are just used to get minutes into legs which is what its all about.

Thought Moura did well when he came on, but games like these are just used to get minutes into legs which is what its all about.

It is but it might also be about whether conte does see moura as a good rwb option. If so can't see both doherty and emerson staying. Or maybe the guardian story was true and they both might be off.

It is but it might also be about whether conte does see moura as a good rwb option. If so can't see both doherty and emerson staying. Or maybe the guardian story was true and they both might be off.

You may be right but personally i do not see Moura being our regular RB. We shall see.

You may be right but personally i do not see Moura being our regular RB. We shall see.

Doesn't have to be our regular rwb. But we don't need spence, doherty, emerson and moura. This is if we are buying someone that can play am/rwf which is looking likely.

In Conte we trust.

Think he has a decision to make. We could loan spence abroad to get him experience, but he's hg. So it wouldn't free a squad space, we'd just be short even if we brought in a hg. Doherty was our best wb last season and can play left in emergencies. Emerson better defensively but terrible in the final 3rd. Moura wants to stay one more year then go to brazil so doubtful he'd sign for anyone is also cover rwf. But we don't need 4.

What I learnt or saw

Those given a chance to stamp a claim did not AND unsurprisingly the additions of Bissouma, Spence and Perisic made us MUCH better
Other than one good tackle I didn’t think Spence done that well to be honest. I know its his first game and not been here long but to say we looked better because of him is abit of an over exaggeration.

Other than one good tackle I didn’t think Spence done that well to be honest. I know its his first game and not been here long but to say we looked better because of him is abit of an over exaggeration.

said we looks better for the additions coming on not purely because of him and we did. Having both FBs get forward with intent and having the LWB crossing with the RWB showing intent is a huge push on from what we had. Im not getting carried away here was just an observation on a PSF

I know I'll be in the minority but is Moura a better option than Royal? I didnt see him create anything better than Royal, he certainly didnt get in better attacking positions and as usual his ball retention is below Royal who normally finds his man with a pass.

Do you think he did badly? I honestly couldn't even judge, was too short a cameo for me to really make any kind of judgement.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

Do you think he did badly? I honestly couldn't even judge, was too short a cameo for me to really make any kind of judgement.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk
I think he looked a little bit like a deer in the headlights, gave the ball away on occasion and there was one moment when i think it was him and Bissouma were standing up a player, anither player overlapped which was obvious to see and even when Bissouma pointed to follow the runner he stood there and let it happen.

Obviously its his first game and hasn’t been with us very long at all and it was probably nerves. I’m not going to judge him on one pre season friendly game that he played 20 minutes in.

Back