• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Japhet Tanganga

Interesting interview with The Tang Man in Korea and where Conte see's him.

Maybe we're looking at
Romero.
Dier.
Davies.
To start.

Lenglet (let him adapt, it's a marathon not a sprint)
Tanganga.

If a top CB becomes available, we do it - Lenglet was the option after Bastoni and Bremer hit the buffers.

What we have is very good and versatile for a long season.

Its 3 years now since he first broke through on the Malaysia tour, which is a bit of a worry. I'm a big fan though - I hope he still makes it
Interestingly he started 9 of Contes first 16 games. Then got injured.

I'm a big fan. Really hope he can stay fit and have a full season and prove his quality.

Interestingly he started 9 of Contes first 16 games. Then got injured.

I'm a big fan. Really hope he can stay fit and have a full season and prove his quality.

When I first saw him I was sure he would make it with us, but injury and playing in a disorganised unit have not helped him, his confidence took a dip and mistakes started to happen, a fresh start may help him, i hope so.

Interesting interview with The Tang Man in Korea and where Conte see's him.

Maybe we're looking at
Romero.
Dier.
Davies.
To start.

Lenglet (let him adapt, it's a marathon not a sprint)
Tanganga.

If a top CB becomes available, we do it - Lenglet was the option after Bastoni and Bremer hit the buffers.

What we have is very good and versatile for a long season.

No, we need another player of quality in there imo - we're only an injury away (meaning Lenglet in the stsrting XI) from having Tanganga as our only option to rotate/cover 3 positions - not great

No, we need another player of quality in there imo - we're only an injury away (meaning Lenglet in the stsrting XI) from having Tanganga as our only option to rotate/cover 3 positions - not great

I think that's why we have to keep Sanchez for at least another year. Conte seems to trust him too

That's kinda where I'm at too - those 6.
It's a very good set of players that could form a very formidable some of its parts, with interchangeable parts.

I'm sure we are still on the hunt for another CB - but only if it's someone you look at and go "Dier and Romero will have to fight for their place"

Then again, the fact that he’s on the bench today makes me suspect he’s more likely to be loaned than sold (given that Winks, Reguilon, Lo Celso and Ndombele aren’t on the bench).

Another poor game from him today, despite it being against a league 1 team

No wonder we wanted the deal with Milan last summer to include an obligation to sign him!!

I wonder how close Paskotsi is to Tanganga in the pecking order in Conte's head? Tanganga is 24 this year and woefully short of the required standard; his only redeeming figure is that he's HG (which I presume Paskotsi might be too?)

No wonder we wanted the deal with Milan last summer to include an obligation to sign him!!

I wonder how close Paskotsi is to Tanganga in the pecking order in Conte's head? Tanganga is 24 this year and woefully short of the required standard; his only redeeming figure is that he's HG (which I presume Paskotsi might be too?)
Feel sorry for him. Looked to have all the talent in the world, but seems to have been mismanaged and just not played enough

Feel sorry for him. Looked to have all the talent in the world, but seems to have been mismanaged and just not played enough

He's definitely been mismanaged. Almost 24 and still coming up having barely played a handful of games! We mock the Chelsea loan system but if he was one of their young defenders he would have had 150 games out on loan to Vitesse, Serie A and then a PL loan in that time and come back either experienced and ready to play or be sold for a decent profit.

I disagree with 'All the talent in the world'. He looked an exciting prospect when he broke through (Remember that first game at Right Back when he was getting forward really well) but since then he seems ropey every time he starts, Clumsy challenges, misplaced passes straight off the pitch etc. I just dunno, I feel a bit sorry for him, It would've been great to have another homegrown player come through, but it looks like any window he had has long passed now

Agree it was another poor game from Tanganga today. In the 2nd half it seemed he couldn't tackle without fouling which was also the same against Brentford on Boxing Day. However, I feel that both he and Skipp have suffered from Conte's subs policy where he only brings on players in the last 10 minutes or not at all, resulting in long periods when both players have had no match practice at all.

His best games, almost all of his good games iirc have come as a dedicated defensive full back.

He has a good skillset, but falls between roles at our level, with this system at least. Not good enough on the ball to be a full or wing back. Not big/tall enough for his style of defending at CB. And not really good enough on the ball for a ball playing CB role.

Think he would do well as a full back for a more defensive side. Perhaps also as a CB at some point for a team slightly lower down.

Right now he looks out of place though.

I called it early that I didn’t think he would be good enough to make it with us when lots of people were raving about him after an early game against (I think it was) Liverpool…. I saw a player with poor positional sense, a poor first touch and no passing ability. Too small to play as a CB in a two and nowhere near good enough on the ball to play as a CB in a 3, let alone as a full back.

Back