• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Goon Thread - Officially Second In A One Horse Race

That’s before this window. Wonder what the ratio would be like at the end of this summer? Still not near 90% though I guess.

seems like they’re giving teams a virtual free hit for a few years then? Might explain the timing of Enic’s 150m. I’d have thought now is the time for Saudi Sportswashing Machine to splash their cash as well before these rules get “serious”.

We won't really know till the next financials come out. They've got rid of the likes of lacazette and Aubameyang, who had high wages. But brought in more (this summer and last).

Think (as you say) this is a last ditch attempt to get in the champions league, if they don't their spending might be limited a bit going forward.

We won't really know till the next financials come out. They've got rid of the likes of lacazette and Aubameyang, who had high wages. But brought in more (this summer and last).

Think (as you say) this is a last ditch attempt to get in the champions league, if they don't their spending might be limited a bit going forward.

Same was said after they spent big last summer but seems they're going again.

I mean, their fanbase absolutely LOVE their clobber, maybe they just sell enough retro shirts to pay players City don't want anymore 200k a week? :p

Same was said after they spent big last summer but seems they're going again.

I mean, their fanbase absolutely LOVE their clobber, maybe they just sell enough retro shirts to pay players City don't want anymore 200k a week? :p

One summers spending isn't that much of an issue. It's the amortisation of the whole squad, whenever they were bought. Thomas partey was bought 2 summers ago on say a 5 year contract for £45m. So next summer he will still cost them £9m in amortisation + whatever his wages are. If they bought a player next summer for £45m on a 5 year contract, he would only cost them £9m in amortisation + wages for that year. Extending contracts would also cut amortisation costs each year.

Zinchenko says he’s signed for his boyhood club.
It’s easy for a player signing for Arse to ingratiate himself with their fans, they fall for this brick every time.

Cant wait for his social media career as a gooner to start with the usual anti Spurs crap. They must have a department at the club which trains them on that sort of thing to keep the knuckle draggers happy.

Zinchenko says he’s signed for his boyhood club.
It’s easy for a player signing for Arse to ingratiate himself with their fans, they fall for this brick every time.
I know they have moved around a bit, but I had no idea they originated from the Ukraine!

So I gather they beat Chelsea 4-0 last night
Am waiting for the open top bus parade

Nope but big celebrations and dancing though

I watched the Highlights Marky, purely because I enjoyed Cheslea shipping 4 goals, Arse absolutely battered them. the Chavs look a shadow of what they were and I know its only preseason but I am pleased we are playing them early doors!

Tuchels comments after the game asking for more quality players . They have arrived into a new world . He was talking about players wanting to leave to . Post Roman world is going to be interesting.

Scum will be there and about again this season. They’ll be in the way for top four. Perhaps it’s Chelski who fall off by miles .

Tuchels comments after the game asking for more quality players . They have arrived into a new world . He was talking about players wanting to leave to . Post Roman world is going to be interesting.

Scum will be there and about again this season. They’ll be in the way for top four. Perhaps it’s Chelski who fall off by miles .

I agree. I can’t see Chelsea getting too four at the moment. Both ourselves and Arse have strengthened considerably- I can see the top for being City, liverpool, Us and Arse, I think we will be 2nd or 3rd - for me City are the team to beat.

Tuchel a bit like Conte or Mourinho seems combustible (manchildish). Not sure he will see out the season.

This is the season for Batshoee to shine

People still writing off United, they are yet to finish their spending. I imagine they will bring in some good signings and they will definitely be in the race for top 4.

Back