• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official Film Thread ***

Watched Thor: Love and Thunder last night. I’d give it 3/5. Not as good as Ragnarok by a long way. Think they need to end this phase, reboot the whole universe and start again. With the exception of No Way Home which is my favourite MCU film excluding the Avengers films, it feels like a bit of a comedown since Endgame. Maybe unwise of me to doubt Kevin Feige but I don’t know where else they can go.

No decimal place in the rating and only out of 5? Kane, dier and doherty are not going to be impressed.

The Northman: Boring and lacking a story.

The Black Phone: Once we got to the basement it took me about two minutes to figure out the plot and I could skip to the end. Saved me an hour. Extremely disappointing.

Lightyear: Some good parts and the animation looks great, but it's so incredibly bland and boring. I cannot stand Taiki Waititi. Please stop putting him in movies.

The Sea Beast: The graphical style was completely wrong for me. Might work for a game, but for a movie I found it unwatchable. Couldn't get through it.

The Lost City: Why? Romancing the Stone already exists. Botox Sandra Bullock and whatshisface have zero chemistry, script is awful and the green screen work looks like it was done in the 90s.

I did see one decent movie: Bob's Burgers Movie. Yes, it's basically an expanded tv episode with a bit more adult content, but it's entertaining and it actually has a plot.

I don’t get the Lightyear movie, to be fair i have not looked into it but he is a toy from a shop in toy story, how can there be a movie about him? And it’s not the original voice either is it?

I don’t get the Lightyear movie, to be fair i have not looked into it but he is a toy from a shop in toy story, how can there be a movie about him? And it’s not the original voice either is it?

It's the movie the toy in toy story was based on.

Watched Top Gun last night wif Lady Norf, who needs no encouragement to admire the Cruise boy.

Laughed our asses off.

So hilariously, atrociously, deliciously bad. Lame, lazy and utterly fcukin' witless. I mean, just the ridiculous white uniform scene in the bar. We had people hushing us as we howled.

Watched Top Gun last night wif Lady Norf, who needs no encouragement to admire the Cruise boy.

Laughed our asses off.

So hilariously, atrociously, deliciously bad. Lame, lazy and utterly fcukin' witless. I mean, just the ridiculous white uniform scene in the bar. We had people hushing us as we howled.

The funnist thing i watched was when Cruise made Jack Reacher, crap actor imo.

Do you need to be a good actor to play an action hero? The dialogue is usually trite or full of bravado, no need for expressing emotions or empathy, little has changed from the action heros of my childhood like John Wayne, Alan Ladd, Joel McCrea and Victor Mature just more money spent on big bangs.

Not for me , a pretty face maybe but brick as a actor.

And such a stylish runner. Think he has running scenes in every movie.

My daughter is in the film biz and been in on conference calls with him. Says he's bright and has a clear sense of what he wants but, like some Yank football coach, resorts to all sorts of hackneyed cliche phrases to get people motivated to do extra work they aren't going to be paid extra for.

Which she doesn't tolerate.

Looks good.

Yeah.

No. Having to rely on Led Zeppelin to pep up your trailer is a bad sign.

Would HAVE been better if it was about Captain Kirk being trapped in an earlier century after a time travel malfunction. With the Enterprise arriving to save the day via aerial dogfights with dragons. And the dragons fire comes from their loose feces.

And such a stylish runner. Think he has running scenes in every movie.

My daughter is in the film biz and been in on conference calls with him. Says he's bright and has a clear sense of what he wants but, like some Yank football coach, resorts to all sorts of hackneyed cliche phrases to get people motivated to do extra work they aren't going to be paid extra for.

Which she doesn't tolerate.
Great runner....

Looks good.

I saw the thumbnail and memories of 2000 came flooding back, not good ones neither..
But, this looks pretty decent - cool they start with the black dragon here, and the owlbear looks great - in fact the monsters in general look very well done.

This might be a lot closer and truer to what folk would want, but wtf is with Pine's hairstyle? He has a clause to look the same in all his films?

Edit: Sheesh, just seen trailer for Don't Worry Darling 2 - change his clothes from one film to the other n boom, no difference lol

Last edited:
I saw the thumbnail and memories of 2000 came flooding back, not good ones neither..
But, this looks pretty decent - cool they start with the black dragon here, and the owlbear looks great - in fact the monsters in general look very well done.

This might be a lot closer and truer to what folk would want, but wtf is with Pine's hairstyle? He has a clause to look the same in all his films?

Dunno about the hair line. But the guys directing did game night which i thought was very good. So looking forward to this. All of the cgi looks great which is nice. Marvels cgi seems to have gone downhill.

Dunno about the hair line. But the guys directing did game night which i thought was very good. So looking forward to this. All of the cgi looks great which is nice. Marvels cgi seems to have gone downhill.
Its terrible in the latest Dr Strange film

Back