• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Golf Thread

McIlroy has turned into a big time choker in majors now, probably a mental thing the longer it goes on. I want to like him but for some reason I can't quite place I just don't - maybe he's a little too arrogant at times for me.

I don't dislike rory, he seems like a decent guy who hasn't turned into a grade A idiot with his talent and the attention he gets. But the press and sky especially are trying to turn him into the next big superstar to fill the void left by tiger, and i find that really annoying and although not turning me against him I'm certainly not rooting for him.
Glad to see he doesn't seem to be willing to go with that narrative.
I think he let himself down with the way he has talked about the LIV golf though, could and should have been a little more measured in his comments.

Rory was beaten by someone who posted the best last day back nine figures (30) in Open history. He hardly “choked”.

On almost any other day he wins it.

Over 4 days of a major championship they all have a dip, smith had his yesterday, rory had his today. You can't shoot 66 everyday, rory got pipped by a guy breaking records today and over the championship, sometimes you just have to admit someone played better than you, pat them on the back and be ready for the next time.

Gotta think that an Aussie winning the British Open is sticking in a lot of Brits throats. Had McIlroy won, there'd be widespread jubilation.

Smith wins and he gets a less-than-hospitable reception from the UK media - 'Are you going to the LIV tour?'

And then McIlroy gets plunked on the grill for losing to him.

Gotta think that an Aussie winning the British Open is sticking in a lot of Brits throats. Had McIlroy won, there'd be widespread jubilation.

Smith wins and he gets a less-than-hospitable reception from the UK media - 'Are you going to the LIV tour?'

Not golf fans, golf fans are different they appreciate amazing golf no matter who plays it
I wanted Rory to win but am really happy for Smith, for an Aussie he is a good winner and amazingly humble
and he has a mullet

I'm delighted smith won, i'd also have been laughing my arse off if one of the liv players had won.
Pro golf needs a shake up, the US PGA is to powerful and for all that i don't agree with the people backing liv, how they are going about it or the format of play they are using its time the PGA was challenged.

Rory was beaten by someone who posted the best last day back nine figures (30) in Open history. He hardly “choked”.

On almost any other day he wins it.

It's becoming a habit though, we've seen he's able to produce great final rounds when he's been a few shots back but when he's right in the mix he's not been able to come up with the goods. Here he had a 4 shot lead, Augusta a few years back etc.

Not golf fans, golf fans are different they appreciate amazing golf no matter who plays it
I wanted Rory to win but am really happy for Smith, for an Aussie he is a good winner and amazingly humble
and he has a mullet

Got to see him play in person and sit in on his media conferences. He's got a sly, dry wit and is probably less humble than he appears. But he's having fun and is going to be made filthy rich by the Saudi barbarians. Probably buying himself a second mullet - longer, curlier to fly out the sunroof of his next Maybach.

Went for a lesson today as was not hitting my new bats well at all. Turns out my fitting was fine and had started to release a bit early. Now smoking them .

Coach was saying it’s normal as everything about them had changed . Weight length etc.

Was worried I’d had a bad fit but as I should have suspected it was user error .

Went for a lesson today as was not hitting my new bats well at all. Turns out my fitting was fine and had started to release a bit early. Now smoking them .

Coach was saying it’s normal as everything about them had changed . Weight length etc.

Was worried I’d had a bad fit but as I should have suspected it was user error .
and as I said it will take months to get used to new sticks

What's Swedish for 'Fcuk off, Stenson'?

He's already washed up as a serious player when he takes on a Ryder Cup captaincy. So no great loss to the proper sporting world.

What's Swedish for 'Fcuk off, Stenson'?

He's already washed up as a serious player when he takes on a Ryder Cup captaincy. So no great loss to the proper sporting world.

Europe are probably going to get a thumping, so he might as well earn money than take the blame when they get beat.
He, like rory and most of the other European team abandoned the European tour for the riches of the PGA, so can't say we should be surprised.

Competition on the PGA tour is as good as it gets. Best players on challenging courses so it can only improve the competitiveness of the Euro team.

When you look at what the Liv tour offers, it's becoming the MLS of golf - cushy retirement home for has beens and nice little earner for tier-2 duffers who weren't likely to win a proper tournament anyway but can help make up numbers for these early events.

Just played a lovely twilight round at my usual course
Have really hurt my elbow though played a shot off a hard lie and jarred it, fooking killing me now

Competition on the PGA tour is as good as it gets. Best players on challenging courses so it can only improve the competitiveness of the Euro team.

When you look at what the Liv tour offers, it's becoming the MLS of golf - cushy retirement home for has beens and nice little earner for tier-2 duffers who weren't likely to win a proper tournament anyway but can help make up numbers for these early events.

And GHod forbid that top level sport where you earn millions should be hard work and take sacrifices, I mean for the players to use the fact its hard work on the PGA to earn money as an excuse is just laughable. Players like Martin Laird are worth 20m and he has won twice so yes its hard but its not THAT Hard to be rich and have a nice life if you are ok at it.

Back