• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Djed Spence

Only to another league. You can't loan a player you just bought to a premier league club.

Ally goes onto say that conte has a veto so only players he's happy with will be bought. Conte is just saying he's more one for the future than the now. But he's happy with him. Spence will have to do all he can to impress him. Which is good.

Well, I remember a young teenaged Dele Alli making himself an integral part of the team so it can be done with the right application and Djed is at least 2 years older than he was.

Something doesn’t feel complete with this window, i know we have made 6 signings but i feel there will be a big signing out of no where.

I think we're a creative central midfielder light, get that right and we'll have a very balanced squad.

I think we're a creative central midfielder light, get that right and we'll have a very balanced squad.
After thinking a bit about the Eriksen situation (and specifically, us not biting his undead arm off), I disagree. In systems like 4-4-2 or 5-3-2, you need creativity in central midfield. In Conte's 3-4-3, I think the two CM's have much more defined roles and creativity can instead come from the front three and WBs.

Wasn't Conte's Chelsea midfield pairing Kante and Matic? Kante was bloody amazing, and more creative than people give him credit for, but a creative CM he ain't. And Matic, well... I remember a lot of their creativity coming from Alonso and Hazard.

One of Kane's many rare talents is being an unusually creative #10 (for a striker, at least). Kulusevki has shown plenty of creativity at RW. Sonny isn't a particularly creative player, but he can make something happen out of nothing through other ways.

Before Kulu's arrival, we suffered from our lack of creativity on the flanks -- Kane couldn't do it all, while Reguilon and Royal just aren't creative players. Although sometimes I see a glimmer of hope from the former. Sessegnon (injured?) wasn't there yet and, while Doherty was clearly our best WB, he's not exactly creative.

So, I'm rambling, but I think we now have some pretty creative players. Bentancur has shown that he has a good eye for a pass, and I think (/hope) that Bissouma has too.

Creative: Kane, Kulu, Bentancur, Perisic?
Some creativity: Sonny, Doherty, Sessegnon, Spence?, Bissouma?

In summary, I don't think we need a pure creative CM as our system needs disciplined CMs who can hold their shape. Bentancur, and hopefully Bissouma, have enough creativity for what Conte needs.

Last edited:
After thinking a bit about the Eriksen situation (and specifically, us not biting his undead arm off), I disagree. In systems like 4-4-2 or 5-3-2, you need creativity in central midfield. In Conte's 3-4-3, I think the two CM's have much more defined roles and creativity can instead come from the front three and WBs.

Wasn't Conte's Chelsea midfield pairing Kante and Matic? Kante was bloody amazing, and more creative than people give him credit for, but a creative CM he ain't. And Matic, well... I remember a lot of their creativity coming from Alonso and Hazard.

One of Kane's many rare talents is being an incredibly creative #10. Kulusevki has shown plenty of creativity at RW. Sonny isn't a particularly creative player, but he can make something happen out of nothing through other ways.

Before Kulu's arrival, we suffered from our lack of creativity on the flanks -- Kane couldn't do it all, while Reguilon and Royal just aren't creative players. Although sometimes I see a glimmer of hope from the former. Sessegnon (injured?) wasn't there yet and, while Doherty was clearly our best WB, he's not exactly creative.

So, I'm rambling, but I think we now have some pretty creative players. Bentancur has shown that he has a good eye for a pass, and I think (/hope) that Bissouma has too.

In summary, I don't think we need a pure creative CM as our system needs disciplined CMs who can hold their shape. Bentancur, and hopefully Bissouma, have enough creativity for what Conte needs.

Being linked with zanilo and maddison suggests they want an am that can play in more than one position, including on the right.

Being linked with zanilo and maddison suggests they want an am that can play in more than one position, including on the right.
I understand the principle of getting good players if available, and this is a pretty unique window in terms of us being pretty rich and other clubs needing to sell. As I've said elsewhere, I think Maddison's a great player despite being a first class clown shoe.

However, even with that flexibility, can we offer them significant game time? Or if they're upgrades, what happens to our current players in those positions -- some of whom are new signings?!

We've got Hojbjerg, Skipp, Bentancur and Bissouma in our CM rotation. I don't know about Zanilo, but Maddison plays pretty much in Bentancur's position. Probably Bissouma's too. Someone's going to be unhappy! Which could be mitigated against either by the new players being given time at LW/RW, or adopting a Plan B formation with 3 CMs. We've already got Son (world class, no matter what his dad says) and Kulu (who's been very good so far) as 1st choice LW/RW, with Richarlison as good backup.

I don't like the idea of sticking players at WB who really can't defend. So where does that leave us?

Last edited:
As far as I can tell Maddison almost never plays in a central midfield two. He's either part of a three, or (more commonly) part of the front three/four. I'd imagine if we are interested in him, it would be as competition/backup for Kulu and Son, with Moura filling the other spot, Richarlison covering Kane (and being an option for the other two attacking spots as well), and Gil going back out on loan.

Same goes for Zaniolo.

I know how you feel, we've strengthened the squad without a real wow factor.

Maybe that wow factor is a togetherness within the squad and not having sold anyone who we will miss.

no no and no. I grew up watching spurs having one superstar that we were heavily reliant on supported by two to three half decent players with the rest being all fodder. Used to watch with envy as our rivals used to have a proper team with at the least 7 really good players.

This team doesn’t need a super star we need more players ready to put their necks on the line for the club and the manager. We already have some great players on the team.

If we signed say Harry Kane, Son, Romero, along with what we already have We would be creaming our pants.

however, I know what you mean. Two more players off the highest pedigree then we can start dreaming

I know how you feel, we've strengthened the squad without a real wow factor.

Maybe that wow factor is a togetherness within the squad and not having sold anyone who we will miss.

I mainly agree but think Bissouma will improve us a lot immediately. I was hoping for such players at WBs too but not sure the two we’ve bought will (though I like them both as players).

I mainly agree but think Bissouma will improve us a lot immediately. I was hoping for such players at WBs too but not sure the two we’ve bought will (though I like them both as players).

I think all the players we've brought in will improve the squad, my thoughts were that there wasn't a player that made me go wow, it was more "great they're a good addition "

I think all the players we've brought in will improve the squad, my thoughts were that there wasn't a player that made me go wow, it was more "great they're a good addition "

Out of curiosity, for the positions we've filled what alternative would have made you go wow?

But improving the squad with better options improves the team by pushing them
Our first 11 is actually very very good as we saw last season taking points off the two best teams in the world and we now have more options

One of Kane's many rare talents is being an unusually creative #10 (for a striker, at least). Kulusevki has shown plenty of creativity at RW. Sonny isn't a particularly creative player, but he can make something happen out of nothing through other ways.

You forgot to mention Romero - surely one of our most creative players. His brilliant forward passes out of defence to set the likes of Kane, Son and Kulu free contribute significantly to our attacking options. I'd say they more than compensate for any lack of midfield creativity because in effect he is able to bypass it.

You forgot to mention Romero - surely one of our most creative players. His brilliant forward passes out of defence to set the likes of Kane, Son and Kulu free contribute significantly to our attacking options. I'd say they more than compensate for any lack of midfield creativity because in effect he is able to bypass it.
Yes it's an interesting tactic well suited to Kane and Son. Strong defensive midfield and spring the attack from defence when the opportunity arises, by passing half the players on the pitch crowding the midfield. I think Lenglet will be utilised this way.

Sent from my SM-T865 using Fapatalk

Back