• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

cars

I have always been a bike man and had several over the years ( mostly Harleys) but i used to ride with a guy who had the Ariel square Four. It could pull a car.

I did look at Harleys but probably too much urgent pop off the throttle for me, these are 70-80mph gorgeous classics and that does me. I do love the classic look on harleys though and I think the prices are reasonable

Polished my Johnson

Supping lager

Life is good

Attachments

• B4C10BDB-891C-499B-8338-F9BB9AF779B3.jpeg
    B4C10BDB-891C-499B-8338-F9BB9AF779B3.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 29
had a great two years with my baby but i may need to sell. The cost of running a petrol X3 M40i just isn't manageable anymore.

Will downgrade to another car, maybe an XC90 to go for 7 seat optionality and then buy a new electric car as a second car to use, local driving etc.

had a great two years with my baby but i may need to sell. The cost of running a petrol X3 M40i just isn't manageable anymore.

Will downgrade to another car, maybe an XC90 to go for 7 seat optionality and then buy a new electric car as a second car to use, local driving etc.
Going to a XC90 from a X3 is a massive upgrade in quality, size and comfort! XC90 is massively better than the X3! Two different worlds. Speed and handling are the only areas where the X3 is better.

Massive incentive for jailbreaking the system, which is probably a bad idea if the car is electric.
Shouldn't be too expensive to buy either.

Plug ins that allow the TV to run when in motion are around £200 (depending on model) and I suspect this would be similar.

So for the cost of one year's subscription you could have it for life.

Plug ins that allow the TV to run when in motion are around £200 (depending on model) and I suspect this would be similar.

They say the one-off full cost is £200. So I guess this is for people that want a lot of options but cannot afford to pay it all in one go, so they rent the options for a bit e.g. the 2 coldest months of the year.

They say the one-off full cost is £200. So I guess this is for people that want a lot of options but cannot afford to pay it all in one go, so they rent the options for a bit e.g. the 2 coldest months of the year.
That's just for a cosy steering wheel though:D

You only need to cut the lead going from the head unit to the handbrake and connect it to ground to make it work all the time. Takes 5 minutes and costs £0.

Ive done it on at least 20 cars.

Used car market is crazy at the minute.

Made 3k on my Focus ST in 18 months, reluctantly trading it in for a newer non ST variant with a long warranty, cheaper insurance and a better feature/safety set. It also won’t need a new set of stupidly expensive tires in a few months.

The new one is good, and makes financial sense as the family/bike carrying vehicle, but the ST is the best looking and most fun car I’ve ever owned. I’m sad.

Used car market is crazy at the minute.

Made 3k on my Focus ST in 18 months, reluctantly trading it in for a newer non ST variant with a long warranty, cheaper insurance and a better feature/safety set. It also won’t need a new set of stupidly expensive tires in a few months.

The new one is good, and makes financial sense as the family/bike carrying vehicle, but the ST is the best looking and most fun car I’ve ever owned. I’m sad.
I'll be selling the Rapide soon. I've put 2 years and over 12k miles on it and I suspect I'll at least get my money back, if not a fair bit more.

Going to a XC90 from a X3 is a massive upgrade in quality, size and comfort! XC90 is massively better than the X3! Two different worlds. Speed and handling are the only areas where the X3 is better.

one of the things i'm looking forward to actually. The interior is incredible, really comfortable.

Still a few glitches to work out it would seem...

Fedt-4QXkAAVJSC

Bought a "new" 2nd car today. The VW Polo is just too small, as we need rearward facing car seats in both cars now. So needed something slightly bigger, practical and at the same time economical in everyday use. Ended up with a 2018 BMW 225Xe plug in hybrid. Found one with almost everything from the options list, including panoramic glass roof, head up display, harman kardon stereo, navigation, remote heating/cooling from app, leather interior etc.
Not the most sexy car, but it drives well. 225hp combined power. Does 0-60mph in just over 6 seconds. Looking forward to picking it up on Tuesday. Got a 1150km trip to get it home.

Thinking I need to get something more practical than my 32 year old convertible 944, I have a soft spot for golf gti's but I have an opportunity to lease electric and save around 40% through a tax break through work.

Don't know many people with electric so just wondered if there were any suggestions on models to look to or avoid and the pros and cons of ownership. I don't actually do a lot of miles but now I'm back on MK drive mostly days. I am tempted by the acceleration stats of the Tesla but I was also wondering if the discount on the lease would only be realised if I can purchase it after? Also when buying what is the expectation/ warranty on the battery life?

Thinking I need to get something more practical than my 32 year old convertible 944, I have a soft spot for golf gti's but I have an opportunity to lease electric and save around 40% through a tax break through work.

Don't know many people with electric so just wondered if there were any suggestions on models to look to or avoid and the pros and cons of ownership. I don't actually do a lot of miles but now I'm back on MK drive mostly days. I am tempted by the acceleration stats of the Tesla but I was also wondering if the discount on the lease would only be realised if I can purchase it after? Also when buying what is the expectation/ warranty on the battery life?

No 1 is can you charge at home?

Teslas have the super charger network which is good if you’re doing long drives. Do you do many 2+ hour drives? But Tesla build quality isn’t great.

I don’t thing the tax breaks change on a lease basis. Benefit in kind is far lower on EVs. But hybrids are a happy medium. Low benefit in kind but also never going to be caught short, queuing for a charger or finding a faulty one etc

I have a hybrid. Occasionally there are trips where you drive 2hrs there and 2 back where an EV would slow me down needing to top up, but most of the time I may as well be in an EV. The battery is so much better in warm (not overly hot) weather. Range is 3-4 times as much when warm. It is hardly worth changing the small battery when the weather is cold, you get so few miles. In summer when it’s not hot enough for air con I’m on electric power most of the time.

Back