• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

James Maddison

Fwiw 20 G&A is one less than what Mason Mount and Ronaldo got and more than : Jota, Mane, Mharez, Sterling, Fernandes and a bunch of other names most people would consider among the best attacking players in the league, including Richarlson who was on 15.

It's not hard to imagine that were he playing regularly for a top six side that the 20 G&A would increase a fair amount - as it is at Spurs his game time will likely reduce so trading that off with the fact he will be playing alongside better players makes it hard to summise, but as with Richarlson we feel it will be a trade off that would suit us.

Would be interesting to see what Jota & Mane were contributing at Wolves & Southampton before they stepped up - i feel pretty strongly that 20 for a non top 6 club is a very good indicator that the player is ready.
That's pretty much how I feel. Maddison's a clown shoe, but he was superb for much of last season. Whenever I saw him on the pitch for Leicester, he looked like he'd make something happen. If Conte has a place for him, I don't think we should hesitate.

12 goals last season from 6.6 xG is a good return, as is 8 assists from 5.5 xA. He's creative and unlocks defences - I'm just not sure how he'd fit into our system.

But does he need to start every game to produce that kind of performance?

Sent from my iPad using Fapatalk

It’s exactly why I think Moura is a weak link
We need players who play within the system and structure
But… I wouldn’t knock signing Maddison myself, but I do think there is better signings to be made that are HG or not which are better value and better actual players

Who else is around that's HG who could play the creative central midfielder role? I always preferred Barnes but he plays on the wing mostly. Not sure how we're doing on HG numbers but I think we could find someone better from outside the league.

Who else is around that's HG who could play the creative central midfielder role? I always preferred Barnes but he plays on the wing mostly. Not sure how we're doing on HG numbers but I think we could find someone better from outside the league.
I’d take Barnes every day of the week over moura for a start

Seems strange. All the talk was we were focusing on either Zaniolo or Paqueta and that Maddison wasn't possible. Saudi Sportswashing Machine making a bid makes you wonder if he is gettable, but just at a price we don't fancy. That or we are making them think we have other options to keep the price down.

Back