• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer thread

Wouldn’t mind us take a punt on Calvin bassey … if Rodon goes

He would actually be quite expensive
And a few clubs want him

how expensive? how much we talking about Rodon? I’m thinking about £15mil and probably about £25m for Bassey???

Yeah sounds about right

Thought he might have gone to Villa. I really liked what I saw of him in the Rangers European games last season. Think he'll do really well at Ajax.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/62194399

Calvin Bassey: Rangers accept Ajax offer for defender with deal expected to top £20m

Rangers have accepted an offer from Ajax for Calvin Bassey, with a deal worth in excess of £20m expected to be completed in the coming days.

It is also believed the Ibrox club have agreed a sell-on fee of 10% should the defender leave for Amsterdam.

The 22-year-old Nigeria international joined Rangers from Leicester City in 2020 and emerged as a key player last season.

Bassey was absent as Rangers beat hosts Blackpool in Saturday's friendly match.

Speaking after the 2-1 victory at Bloomfield Road, Van Bronckhorst told Sky Sports: "It looks like Calvin is moving on. Of course I want to keep him. I'm really happy with his performances.

"In the end, everything we do has to be in the best interests of the club. We have to look for another player to add to our squad. We have our list ready."

Borna Barisic started in Bassey's left-back role and scored the opener against Blackpool, with Charlie McCann netting the clincher.

James Sands started at left centre-back, where Bassey also played last season during Rangers' run to the Europa League final and successful Scottish Cup campaign.

So far in the summer transfer window, Rangers have signed attacking players Antonio Colak, Tom Lawrence, Rabbi Matondo and Malik Tillman, with defender John Souttar having agreed a pre-contract move earlier in the year.

at least lo celso is in demand. no one wants ndombele and winks?

Ndombele has to be seen as a huge red flag to any potential suitor surely, especially as we won't just play ball and pay a load of his wages, some sure, reckon he will go on loan again toward the end of the window.

Winks I am guessing has some suitors but if we have slapped 20/25m asking price on, I reckon many are playing the long game and waiting for that to drop to 15-18m.

Ndombele has to be seen as a huge red flag to any potential suitor surely, especially as we won't just play ball and pay a load of his wages, some sure, reckon he will go on loan again toward the end of the window.

Winks I am guessing has some suitors but if we have slapped 20/25m asking price on, I reckon many are playing the long game and waiting for that to drop to 15-18m.

It's a buyers matrket. Lots of clubs need to offload players. Going to be hard to shift some of ours and i think there will be a lot of loans happening. But it's the same for a lot of clubs.

I wonder if we are hoping to use Winks in a cash plus player exchange, so the seeling club can say they got a bigger fee and Levy can feel like he got a decent chunk of cash for him to offset the inevitable hit we take on Ndombele.

As we have Richarlison done, maybe Winks + 25m for Maddison seems a lot more palatable to us (in terms of budget) but Leicester can say say they got 50m + add ons?

https://www.calciomercato.com/news/tottenham-due-uscite-frenano-paratici-su-zaniolo-77538

It is what we are possibly missing imo - one more attacking midfielder, who can either come on to add more attacking flair from central midfield or play in one of the attacking wide positions, providing more cover. Would be very pleased if we can sign this Italian. 23 and comes with a good feet for a big man cliche too.

Some concerns about his injuries and if he can be the player he was. A lot of that will be in the players mind. How much if any is he physically hamstrung after ACL surgery?

Last edited:
https://www.calciomercato.com/news/tottenham-due-uscite-frenano-paratici-su-zaniolo-77538

It is what we are possibly missing imo - one more attacking midfielder, who can either come on to add more attacking flair from central midfield or play in one of the attacking wide positions, providing more cover. Would be very pleased if we can sign this Italian. 23 and comes with a good feet for a big man cliche too.

Some concerns about his injuries and if he can be the player he was. A lot of that will be in the players mind. How much if any is he physically hamstrung after ACL surgery?

Read that conte is a fan of him.

Read that conte is a fan of him.

He was a right winger so would be competing with Kulu. Mourinho has played him in midfield or as an AM I think. So he is versatile. Even though Zaniolo may not be as potent and fresh as when he ripped up Seria A, he is no doubt highly skillful, tall, great with the ball at his feet and can finish. Ingredients Conte can work with. And the world has seen how Kulu hit form again under Conte.

Bbc gossip section. The standard saying we have told 8 players they can leave this summer.

Big question is can we shift them?

You’d imagine LeCelco will get a move. Won’t be for anything like what we paid, but we’ll hopefully get 20m including add-ons.

The rest, I can’t see them being easy to sell. Reggie, like LeCelco you know he’ll work hard and be committed. Again a write down on what we probably paid but £15m minimum seems fair.

Who are the other 6? Ndombele is a shoe-in! Loan or essentially a free transfer if someone will take his wages. Rondon. Winks. Royal? Gil? Tanganga?

Thw last 3 are all consummate professionals. Age and lowish wwages must help. Must be 40m of talent if anyone bites.

Ndomballe, winks, lo celso, gil, rod
Big question is can we shift them?

You’d imagine LeCelco will get a move. Won’t be for anything like what we paid, but we’ll hopefully get 20m including add-ons.

The rest, I can’t see them being easy to sell. Reggie, like LeCelco you know he’ll work hard and be committed. Again a write down on what we probably paid but £15m minimum seems fair.

Who are the other 6? Ndombele is a shoe-in! Loan or essentially a free transfer if someone will take his wages. Rondon. Winks. Royal? Gil? Tanganga?

Thw last 3 are all consummate professionals. Age and lowish wwages must help. Must be 40m of talent if anyone bites.

After seeing the video of emerson today of him joking and laughing leaving the training ground. I doubt he's one that has been told he can leave. Sarr on loan?

Agree it's going to be difficult. Hopefully get a couple sorted this week. But the majority might go down to the end of the window.

He was a right winger so would be competing with Kulu. Mourinho has played him in midfield or as an AM I think. So he is versatile. Even though Zaniolo may not be as potent and fresh as when he ripped up Seria A, he is no doubt highly skillful, tall, great with the ball at his feet and can finish. Ingredients Conte can work with. And the world has seen how Kulu hit form again under Conte.

Had 2 ACL injuries didn't he?

He was my biggest hold on the football transfers stock market.

how did we end up cancelling serge aurier's contract and can we pull the same on ndombele?

For next two years we will find somewhere for him to go on loan, although he is such a noob we might need to mitigate the risk of the other club by us paying 2/3 of his wages I’d imagine.

If we can do that for two years then when in his final year we should just give him a 12 month fine and ban him from all club facilities.

Back