• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Erik Lamela (Return of the King)

Gutter Boy

Tim Sherwood
I think he'd be the perfect player to finish off our squad now. High tempo, aggressive WF, would provide a big creative spark against deep set teams, knows the league, still at his prime. He's the perfect Conte player really. Worth a cheeky bid?

I think he'd be the perfect player to finish off our squad now. High tempo, aggressive WF, would provide a big creative spark against deep set teams, knows the league, still at his prime. He's the perfect Conte player really. Worth a cheeky bid?
He would be broken in a week here

I know its sliding doors, but I do think if Conte had arrived when Santo did, we would have moved Bergwijn on first instead last summer.

Losing Lamela and buying the type of full back Royal is are maybe Paratici's two big mistakes with transfers, but obviously in context that they were done for a different coach.

I think keep an eye on what happens with Sessegnon. Sometimes the extra conditioning can cure fragile players as much as break them.
I agree
But sessegnon like many others got injured in games
Lamela always got injured in training… big difference

I know its sliding doors, but I do think if Conte had arrived when Santo did, we would have moved Bergwijn on first instead last summer.

Losing Lamela and buying the type of full back Royal is are maybe Paratici's two big mistakes with transfers, but obviously in context that they were done for a different coach.
Or, forced to keep hold of Bergwijn and Moura in case Kane left, Conte would have had to play the former into form and we might not have gone for Kulu in January.

With Conte in place earlier, we might have got through to the latter stages of the Europa Conference...and then missed out on CL thanks to late-season fixture congestion.

Too many if's and but's to consider. But I reckon one thing's for sure - Lamela, much as I love him and his brickhousery, simply spends too much time in the treatment room to be the midfielder we need.

Lamela will always have a place in my heart as a Spurs player. Such an integral part of the Poch era and he has left us with some great memories, sh1thousery ones and others. If he is ever back at the Lane a huge welcome is in order. But his time with us has passed. It would never be the same (apart from the injuries).

He played with his head and his heart for us.

Even when he was asking bones, muscles, tendons and ligaments to fulfill promises he couldn't keep. Yeah, I'd go hoarse welcoming him back to Mega Lane.

It always amazes me how some players get the hero worship they do, I feel Lamela never fulfilled his potential with us yet he gets treated like the messiah, yet players like John Pratt who played in virtually ever position for us gave as much effort, scored more goals and had that nasty streak was a pantomime villain. One of the best quotes of Bill Nick was to a young John Pratt, asked by Pratt what it would be like to play at Old Trafford for the first time Nick said "just like playing at the Lane except here 55,000 would hate you, whereas at Spurs it would only be 45,000"

It always amazes me how some players get the hero worship they do, I feel Lamela never fulfilled his potential with us yet he gets treated like the messiah, yet players like John Pratt who played in virtually ever position for us gave as much effort, scored more goals and had that nasty streak was a pantomime villain. One of the best quotes of Bill Nick was to a young John Pratt, asked by Pratt what it would be like to play at Old Trafford for the first time Nick said "just like playing at the Lane except here 55,000 would hate you, whereas at Spurs it would only be 45,000"
Lamela was ultimately underwhelming and failed at the job he was hired to do but became a cult hero for whatever reason.

It's a strange one indeed.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

Back