• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

James Maddison

Fabregas? Maybe Pedro, although he may have been more a WF? My memory fails me, I can’t remember how they were used

Maddison played 40 games in total last season with only 16 of them starting in the ACM position, the rest were spread around AMR/MR/CM - he's a versatile playerwho i think Conte would have covering and rotating a number of different positions.
He's a big fudging clam. That's the biggest problem! He's despicable, and It would be difficult if he came to Spurs.

If he can get over his Arsneal/Tottenham rivalry would be a good signing. Bent was an arsneal fan, I've read Kulesevksi is too. Bring him in, add a quality CB somebody like De Vrij, Skriniar, or Koulibaly possiby, and we.re done

edit: Well, scrub KK, he just signed for Chelsea

Last edited:
He is no more a clam than Dele was a clam, than Richarlison was a clam etc and can guarantee if he came here within a matter of weeks no one would be going on about him being a clam. Football fan cult thing really is weird….

He isn’t that good and is overrated because he is English that is why i don’t want him and the fact he is a different kind of clam to the likes of Richarlison, Dele etc. I would out him in the bracket of Andy Robertson and Xhaka.

The good thing about English players is that they are usually adjusted to the league as have played here. You know what you’re getting. That might up there price yeah but reasonably so.

sorry that just is not true. Eriksen was a bit party player under conte and was used as a sub. Even when conte changed his system Eriksen was not an automatic starter.

however he did use Eriksen off the bench to much effect. Can’t see Maddison wanting to do that at spurs.

furthermore apart from Eriksen when has conte used this sort of player in his management regularly before?

Not saying that we are not looking just can’t see it
In 20/21 he played 26 times in Serie A starting 17 games with 9 sub appearances. Most of the starts came in the 2nd half of the season when Conte adapted his system and used Eriksen as a starter.

In 20/21 he played 26 times in Serie A starting 17 games with 9 sub appearances. Most of the starts came in the 2nd half of the season when Conte adapted his system and used Eriksen as a starter.

he was also subbed off quite a lot. Who would Maddison displace in the first team? I think conte plays to his benefit, just can’t see how Maddison changes things. He could have gone for Eriksen but it didn’t happen but we will apparently spend up to a reported £40-£50 mil for Maddison????

It’s an interesting topic, please make it simple for me and show the formation and players involved in the starting XI with Maddison. I can’t see it. Can’t see Maddison coming to us as an Arsenal fan to sit on the bench.

he was also subbed off quite a lot. Who would Maddison displace in the first team? I think conte plays to his benefit, just can’t see how Maddison changes things. He could have gone for Eriksen but it didn’t happen but we will apparently spend up to a reported £40-£50 mil for Maddison????

It’s an interesting topic, please make it simple for me and show the formation and players involved in the starting XI with Maddison. I can’t see it. Can’t see Maddison coming to us as an Arsenal fan to sit on the bench.

If it was £40-50m i'd go for it. Think it would be a bit more though.

Who does Richarlson replace in the starting XI?

Who does Richarlson replace in the starting XI?

Believe it or not I’m sure if you scroll through the Richarleson thread you have answered that question all by yourself.

With the luxury of not having to change up formation to accommodate him.

I don’t know when some people are going to get it into their heads the point is we are not going to have a ‘first team’. For all too long we have had a decent starting XI and the rest of the squad have been bang average at best. Conte has set the highest of standards, that means having people on the bench who will be of the same quality as those on the pitch like Emirates Marketing Project and Liverpool meaning there is 16 plus players getting a high number of games rather than the 7 or so that have done here the past few seasons because the squad quality is poor.

Your point about Eriksen, we was sniffing around him whether we ended up pulling the trigger on making an actual offer or not is redundant as we clearly have an interest in acquiring a player who plays that type of role and Maddison’s qualities means he is versatile and could easily fit into how we play….

I don’t know when some people are going to get it into their heads the point is we are not going to have a ‘first team’. For all too long we have had a decent starting XI and the rest of the squad have been bang average at best. Conte has set the highest of standards, that means having people on the bench who will be of the same quality as those on the pitch like Emirates Marketing Project and Liverpool meaning there is 16 plus players getting a high number of games rather than the 7 or so that have done here the past few seasons because the squad quality is poor.

Your point about Eriksen, we was sniffing around him whether we ended up pulling the trigger on making an actual offer or not is redundant as we clearly have an interest in acquiring a player who plays that type of role and Maddison’s qualities means he is versatile and could easily fit into how we play….

It's not about first team or squad though. It's about how we play. I thought of him as an am. Which i can't see us doing for the price as i doubt we'd use it enough. If he can play am, rwf, lwf and cm. Then i don't have a problem as there would be proper rotation. As richarlison can cover multiple positions so can maddison.

Believe it or not I’m sure if you scroll through the Richarleson thread you have answered that question all by yourself.

With the luxury of not having to change up formation to accommodate him.

I'm asking you though - i know how i think Richarlson would be used. But I'm not the one asking who a player replaces in the XI to argue against him as a target, you are - hence why i asked the question.

We don't need to change the line up to have Maddison swap in for Kulu or play in CM, both positions he had ample game time in last season. Added bonus of being able to change to Contes 2nd favoured tactic as well as additional cover on the left.

I question his work rate and defending from the top required for conte as a basic. Just don’t see what he adds to the team and squad for that price. However the rest I agree with. More quality the better. Just think the money it would take to get him in would be extortionate.

I'm asking you though - i know how i think Richarlson would be used. But I'm not the one asking who a player replaces in the XI to argue against him as a target, you are - hence why i asked the question.

We don't need to change the line up to have Maddison swap in for Kulu or play in CM, both positions he had ample game time in last season. Added bonus of being able to change to Contes 2nd favoured tactic as well as additional cover on the left.

who would you drop to play him in CM? I don’t really see his hard work rate or defensive capabilities to warrant him staring ahead of bentancur in CM for example.

and for the record I agree with your post on richarleson incidentally. Just don’t think the high fee associated with Maddison is warranted.

he is overrated and overpriced. in my opinion. I also think there are better suited players and alternatives out there.

It's not about first team or squad though. It's about how we play. I thought of him as an am. Which i can't see us doing for the price as i doubt we'd use it enough. If he can play am, rwf, lwf and cm. Then i don't have a problem as there would be proper rotation. As richarlison can cover multiple positions so can maddison.
I have seen with my own eyes him playing games all over the midfield/attacking areas. Also, Conte specifically said last season he was playing the formation that suited the CURRENT squad. It is well known he also likes the 3-5-2, we have to be flexible if we want to compete on all fronts. He would get plenty of game time IMO….

who would you drop to play him in CM? I don’t really see his hard work rate or defensive capabilities to warrant him staring ahead of bentancur in CM for example.

and for the record I agree with your post on richarleson incidentally. Just don’t think the high fee associated with Maddison is warranted.

he is overrated and overpriced. in my opinion. I also think there are better suited players and alternatives out there.

30 goals and assists last season, for a team that struggled.

Back