• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer thread

Yes, HG-quota is a good prediction tool, because we know that the Club must be keeping an eye on this too. I don't think Conte is counting on either Gil or Sarr this season, and GLC/Ndombele are certainly not in his plans. So 1 must be the number right now - post-Lenglet. If we assume that we still have money left to make one more signature signing (Bremer, ideally Bastoni?), which I think we do, you would assume that both Emerson and Reguilon are pencilled in to leave. Unless that signature signing is HG, but if that's the case, they have done a stellar job of keeping things quiet.

Something like Moura out and Gordon in would make a lot of sense from this perspective.
Here's a little spreadsheet regarding HG.
Bergwijn now gone.
Dark grey: HG PL and CL
Green: not HG in CL
Yellow and white: not HG PL or CL
Orange: Does not need to be registered in PL squad.
20220706_225320.png

With a maximum squad of 25, excluding youngsters, we still need to offload a few, especially if there are more coming in.

Here's a little spreadsheet regarding HG.
Bergwijn now gone.
Dark grey: HG PL and CL
Green: not HG in CL
Yellow and white: not HG PL or CL
Orange: Does not need to be registered in PL squad.
View attachment 14275

So we need to get rid of 5 non hg (lenglet for bergwijn) to get down to 17.

Lo celso, ndombele, rodon, sell, gil, sarr loans. Will do. But if we bring in anyone else then emerson, reguillon or both probably need to be sold.

So we need to get rid of 5 non hg (lenglet for bergwijn) to get down to 17.

Lo celso, ndombele, rodon, sell, gil, sarr loans. Will do. But if we bring in anyone else then emerson, reguillon or both probably need to be sold.

Agreed. Though depends on what Conte sees from Gil and Sarr in preseason. He may have already made his mind up, but they may be given preseason to show what they can do.

To bring it back to finances. GLC, Rodon, Winks (heavily linked away at least). Should hopefully bring in around 40m+ at least. Perhaps quite a bit more. Would offset quite a bit of our spending so far, leaving open the possibility of some significant moves should we want to.

I don't understand why Barca keep giving their players these insane wages. With their pull, why on earth do they give them twice as much as what they would get anywhere else?

They've been working with a broken wage structure over years I think. They in itself doesn't explain why they did so of course.

I think overconfidence in their ability to replicate success over time and in their ability to grow their income is part of it.

They looked like an unstoppable juggernaut there for a while, I think perhaps they thought they were too.

They've also had (imo) the best player in the world over almost his entire career. And many other world class and fantastic players long term. Renewal after renewal with increased wages adds up. Very high wages for the best players and other players will demand wages in proportion to that, they haven't been able to resist that pressure.

Probably also some sort of hyper inflation sence going on aswell. If Messi is on 1,2 mill a week or whatever it was, 250k suddenly feels cheap.

They've been working with a broken wage structure over years I think. They in itself doesn't explain why they did so of course.

I think overconfidence in their ability to replicate success over time and in their ability to grow their income is part of it.

They looked like an unstoppable juggernaut there for a while, I think perhaps they thought they were too.

They've also had (imo) the best player in the world over almost his entire career. And many other world class and fantastic players long term. Renewal after renewal with increased wages adds up. Very high wages for the best players and other players will demand wages in proportion to that, they haven't been able to resist that pressure.
I think their wage problem is because of La Liga ffp rules....many are in excess of the percentage allowed to annually be spent on wages.

I think their wage problem is because of La Liga ffp rules....many are in excess of the percentage allowed to annually be spent on wages.

It is but they still had huge debts. They refinanced but still are looking to sell of some of their tv/merch rights for the next few decades.

I think that's made the problem more immediate. But mostly FFP rules are put in place to curb unsustainable spending, Barca have spent in an unsustainable way for a while now.

No doubt the pandemic was a significant factor too.

If we are keeping devine at the club next season (to be club trained), could we use him for the rare occasions we need an am in a 352?

So what else we looking for?

I imagine 1 more CB with Rodon,Tang, Potentially Sanchez leaving - I still think we will try for Bastoni late.

RWB - Spence

So what else we looking for?

I imagine 1 more CB with Rodon,Tang, Potentially Sanchez leaving - I still think we will try for Bastoni late.

RWB - Spence

I agree - Spence imminently, then maybe a late move for another CB (potentially displacing Royal in the 22):

-----------------------------------Lloris(Forster)

-------------Romero(Royal)-Dier(Sanchez)-Davies(Lenglet)

Spence(Doherty)-Bentancur(Hojbjerg)-Bissouma(Skipp)-Sessegnon(Reguilon)

------------ Kulusevski(Moura)-----------------Son(Perisic)

---------------------------------Kane(Richarlison)

I agree - Spence imminently, then maybe a late move for another CB (potentially displacing Royal in the 22):

-----------------------------------Lloris(Forster)

-------------Romero(Royal)-Dier(Sanchez)-Davies(Lenglet)

Spence(Doherty)-Bentancur(Hojbjerg)-Bissouma(Skipp)-Sessegnon(Reguilon)

------------ Kulusevski(Moura)-----------------Son(Perisic)

---------------------------------Kane(Richarlison)

That’s a pretty tidy squad, I think perisic will start at Lwb though.

Moura could be upgraded on

Back