• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Goon Thread - Officially Second In A One Horse Race

I hope we can talk about this now. Or have people lost their cool post-Bissouma, and fear discussing such subjects now? Bissouma's integrity was (probably unfairly) sullied by the Sun newspaper. He was possibly slightly unfairly treated by the police too, when evidently he wasn't a perpetrator of the alleged assault. Yet Bissouma was cuffed, photographed, vilified, and he had this shadow over him to bare; with many saying it was in bad taste to associate him at all with Spurs! Now, we have a far more serious rape allegation with potentially two separate victims, with print media not naming but let's say implicating an individual by a process of elimination, and we can't talk about it?

Because Bissouma's arrest was for a lesser offense it was easier to name and shame?

There are certain rules for the media (which i assume applys to online sites such as this). They have to be careful. I don't know why bissoumas name was allowed to be mentioned, maybe because he was photographed at the time? Tbh i didn't really pay much attention at the time. Did the media mention him by name?
You'd have to ask steff.

There are certain rules for the media (which i assume applys to online sites such as this). They have to be careful. I don't know why bissoumas name was allowed to be mentioned, maybe because he was photographed at the time? Tbh i didn't really pay much attention at the time. Did the media mention him by name?
You'd have to ask steff.

Well, quite simply you can't name and shame someone unfairly. Like, say someone is a sex offender when they are not. That would be libelous. While some Spurs fans didn't do that with Bissouma, it wasn't a long way off. The way he was besmirched was close to being libelous. Not that anyone would bother suing online media site owners. They can jump behind free-posting users, or direct the litigation to the user themselves. No one wants more publicity for these sordid tales so even the print media can publish stories that almost (or do) identify individuals. So I think we should be okay to carefully talk about this.

Last edited:
Reactions: DTA
Well, quite simply you can't name and shame someone unfairly. Like, say someone is a sex offender when they are not. That would libelous. While some Spurs fans didn't do that with Bissouma, it wasn't a long way off. The way he was besmirched was close to being libelous. Not that anyone would bother suing online media site owners. They can jump behind free-posting users, or direct the litigation to the user themselves. No one wants more publicity for these sordid tales so even the print media can publish stories that almost (or do) identify individuals. So I think we should be okay to carefully talk about this.

We have a judicial system to decide if someone is guilty or not. It's not perfect but far better than trial by social media.

As for what we can talk about, will be up to the people that run the site.

I will say though, arsenals silence is not doing them favours. Not posting training picks etc... how long will they keep that up for. If a player is missing. Just pretend nothings happening? Just cite personal reasons and leave it at that.

'Best to move on' - Wheelchair leaves Aarhus
Jack Wheelchair has left Aarhus less than five months after joining the Danish club.

Writing on Instagram, the former Arsenal and England midfielder said: “My time at @agffodbold has come to an end. Myself and the club have mutually agreed it’s best for me to move on.

“I would like to thank everybody at AGF for the support and confidence they gave me from day 1. The club showed trust in me that not many others were willing to give. Although results were hard to come by the fans support of me and the team was unbelievable.

“Thank you guys for welcoming me into your club and city. I wish you all the best in the future. Personally I am considering all of my options.”

'Best to move on' - Wheelchair leaves Aarhus
Jack Wheelchair has left Aarhus less than five months after joining the Danish club.

Writing on Instagram, the former Arsenal and England midfielder said: “My time at @agffodbold has come to an end. Myself and the club have mutually agreed it’s best for me to move on.

“I would like to thank everybody at AGF for the support and confidence they gave me from day 1. The club showed trust in me that not many others were willing to give. Although results were hard to come by the fans support of me and the team was unbelievable.

“Thank you guys for welcoming me into your club and city. I wish you all the best in the future. Personally I am considering all of my options.”

What a f**king dreadful waste of talent. I don't like the little prick but he was a talent and was the type of player who should have been running England's midfield for a decade rather than having water carriers like Rice (who is very good at what he does) and Phillips in there. He's 30 years of age and has been washed up for 5 or 6 years now because of his utter lack of professionalism from what I can see.

On the rape stuff, I'm absolutely relieved it isn't one of ours but we shouldn't get into point scoring or club loyalties over it. I'd hope our club does their due diligence on the character on any signings but they can only do so much. Next time it could be one of ours.

What a f**king dreadful waste of talent. I don't like the little prick but he was a talent and was the type of player who should have been running England's midfield for a decade rather than having water carriers like Rice (who is very good at what he does) and Phillips in there. He's 30 years of age and has been washed up for 5 or 6 years now because of his utter lack of professionalism from what I can see.

On the rape stuff, I'm absolutely relieved it isn't one of ours but we shouldn't get into point scoring or club loyalties over it. I'd hope our club does their due diligence on the character on any signings but they can only do so much. Next time it could be one of ours.

Similar situation to Gascoinge should have played for England for years, gascoinge was a popular character despite all his faults whereas Wheelchair was a despicable person.

Similar situation to Gascoinge should have played for England for years, gascoinge was a popular character despite all his faults whereas Wheelchair was a despicable person.

I'd urge the club to sign him on a pay-per-play basis and test his loyalty to Woolwich. Can't imagine he has many options. Then don't play him and make him clean Harry Kane's boots and get Ndombele's lunch orders.

I never thought he was that special. Think rice is a much better player than whilshire ever was. Just the way england play is negative. Pep didn't see anything special either, said spain had loads of players like him. He just got overhyped.

I never thought he was that special. Think rice is a much better player than whilshire ever was. Just the way england play is negative. Pep didn't see anything special either, said spain had loads of players like him. He just got overhyped.

Spain probably have loads of players like him, England don't. For me Rice is a very different player to Wheelchair. Wheelchair could keep the ball and knit things together. Rice isn't that sort of player and neither is Phillips. England have struggled forever with finding that sort of player and it hurts them. Carrick was overlooked for Gerrard and Lampard neither of whom could play that role.

Spain probably have loads of players like him, England don't. For me Rice is a very different player to Wheelchair. Wheelchair could keep the ball and knit things together. Rice isn't that sort of player and neither is Phillips. England have struggled forever with finding that sort of player and it hurts them. Carrick was overlooked for Gerrard and Lampard neither of whom could play that role.

Wheelchair was just Tom Carroll with a leg tag

Back