• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Politics, politics, politics (so long and thanks for all the fish)

Who ever comes in next needs to be honest about the financial situation of the country and why we can’t continue to print money.

Rishi is the only one that seemed to want to pass that message on.

Oh you recommend it? Thank you for the recommendation!

A number of things:

1. The already disenfranchised will use this. There was already dissonance with the political process. Now ‘the establishment has not listened to me again’ etc. It will feed this kind of narrative.

2. Boris was elected by the people. He was not removed by them. And there are examples of how this kind of coup tends to end badly.

3. To instigate true change you have to let things fail. Then re-elect afresh.

4. 2.5 years is an extremely small period of time to carry out your mandate. Impossible for anyone to achieve much especially with Covid sucking up 2 years.

As you may know I’m no fan. Boris was here because of Brexit. But personally I would stick with the elected incumbent who had one of largest popular mandates of living memory.
Much of the above I agree with - it's all relevant to why we need electoral reform.

But it's also irrelevant to your point that Boris has a mandate to be PM for the full term of parliament.

Boris was elected as an MP by the electorate. You can say the opposite all you like, it's still inaccurate.
He is PM by virtue of being an MP that can command a majority in the Commons - that's why the Queen authorised him to form a Government and therefore become Prime Minister.

Is this clear yet? This is how the UK parliament works, irrespective of what any voter thinks.
If not, I reiterate my point about reading up on our parliamentary system.

Calm down dear and have a drink.

nadine-dorries-struggles-to-defend-boris-johnson-over-fake-news-attack-on.jpg

Much of the above I agree with - it's all relevant to why we need electoral reform.

But it's also irrelevant to your point that Boris has a mandate to be PM for the full term of parliament.

Boris was elected as an MP by the electorate. You can say the opposite all you like, it's still inaccurate.
He is PM by virtue of being an MP that can command a majority in the Commons - that's why the Queen authorised him to form a Government and therefore become Prime Minister.

Is this clear yet? This is how the UK parliament works, irrespective of what any voter thinks.
If not, I reiterate my point about reading up on our parliamentary system.

You're making a technical argument. I'm making a moral pragmatic argument. Of course, I understand what you are saying.

Thing is, from Bojo's perspective he gets off scot-free. None of the chickens come home to roost. The water is muddied further and the various problems handed over to the next fool. You don't see a pattern here? Cameron, May, Boris...next. Meanwhile, the UK suffers. Ministries go on hold. Very little gets done. I don't mind Boris being deposed by his party. But I think it is important to recognise that we are all beholden to the Tory party's mess. It is affecting us all. Their internal disputes over Europe has spilled into the nation and created governmental limbo, because there aren't simple quick neat solutions. If you're not going forward you're going backwards. We needed Boris to run his course/term, to exercise his vision, and then move on. That is not possible anymore.

Last edited:
Plenty now pointing out that his speech didn’t mention resignation, nor (unusually) has he given a specific timetable for going.

Meanwhile, Cummings tweeting that Johnson will be seeing this as a war - and that he’ll play as dirty as is needed, and will be thinking that he can still work out a way to remain.

He’s spending this afternoon chairing a cabinet with his new appointees.

He ain’t gone yet…

A leftist anti Johnson paper quoting "anonymous" sources with no other evidence perhaps?

Also being reported by Bloomberg and Dan Hodges at The Mail, the latter of whom seems to think it fine that the taxpayer should stump up for Johnson’s do. No doubt he was ranting in print last week about how much migrants were costing the country.

A leftist anti Johnson paper quoting "anonymous" sources with no other evidence perhaps?

Not sure what other evidence they could have for his reasoning, short of being inside his head. There's no denying the party is taking place, just denial it's a reason for him wanting to stay on.

Plenty now pointing out that his speech didn’t mention resignation, nor (unusually) has he given a specific timetable for going.

Meanwhile, Cummings tweeting that Johnson will be seeing this as a war - and that he’ll play as dirty as is needed, and will be thinking that he can still work out a way to remain.

He’s spending this afternoon chairing a cabinet with his new appointees.

He ain’t gone yet…

It really needs to be a stake through the heart (if they can find one) or a silver bullet

Read that all ministers will receive at least £425k for resigning from their posts, even the ones disgraced
and BJ will get £125k a year for life for being a PM

Absolute tinkle take but sums up the state of MP's these days
On the gravy train and only in it for themselves

Fits with his manipulation of lockdown dates to have wedding blessings, baby shower at Chequers and various other events that suited his personal calendar.
Fits with the bonkers idea that he could have a treehouse built at Chequers (a state property that is the retreat for the PM and other ministers not his own property) for a toddler.

the man is a grifter and throwing another big bash at a taxpayer funded property is what he is all about.

greased piglet in escaping political gravity for so long.
greedy pig for how much he wants to take from the system.

Back