• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Politics, politics, politics (so long and thanks for all the fish)

Get gone you fudging clam.

However, one turn of the Conservative party compost heap will reveal another crawling menagerie of ravenous fetid creatures

It is time for a proper convulsion in our country. No more Lords. No more tax havens and restrictions on family trusts, No Monarchy/ aristocracy and a huge raising of personal standards of all of those people who want to represent us.

Much much more meritocracy, and in particular, more woman in parliament and in control of the civil service.

Well, you've got my vote!

In a bid to establish an early lead in the race i'm proposing my cabinet,
Sport and culture @milo
Energy and renewables @Rorschach
Equalities @thfcsteff
Foreign sec @Danishfurniturelover
Chancellor @Jordinho
Home sec @AuroRaman
Health sec @StephenH
Dwp @Glenda's Legs
Chief whip @scaramanga

Still places up for grabs, pledge your vote for an opportunity to get in now.

I am in the process of working out how I can take early retirement. Therefore if appointed, I shall be laser-focused (see, I know the buzz words so must be qualified) on determining how I can best make the system work for me serve the good people of this country, so that they can continue to work to pay for my retirement enjoy the fruits of their respective labours.

He truly has no self-awareness whatsoever. I mean that's not anything new, but the whole speech is looking for someone else to blame, absolutely no reflection whatsoever on the actual reason he is in this position.

I'd argue the vaccine rollout was a success due to the NHS and the existing infrastructure rather than any Govt action, beyond handing that to them rather than setting up a new distribution system a la Test and Trace, but think we are on the same page.

Yeah the NHS for the most part deserve the credit, but had it gone wrong then you can imagine the government would have been criticised as ultimately they are responsible. But for the most part would covid, they’ve got it wrong, particularly the first 12 months. I’d say they’ve done better since then. I do hope whoever takes over doesn’t take a backwards step and succumb to media pressure and enforce more lockdowns. We’ve come too far now to turn back and it would just even more damage to the economy and cause inflation to rise even higher.

The Conservative party delivered a massive majority.
As leader he will have had a significant influence. However he did not deliver it alone.
I'm sure some people were ignorant enough to vote "for Boris". Not much I can do if people don't understand what they are voting for.

Re: the media. I couldn't care less about the media. I know and care about the accurate application of our parliamentary system. I recommend you update your understanding of it - you have some significant holes.

Oh you recommend it? Thank you for the recommendation!

A number of things:

1. The already disenfranchised will use this. There was already dissonance with the political process. Now ‘the establishment has not listened to me again’ etc. It will feed this kind of narrative.

2. Boris was elected by the people. He was not removed by them. And there are examples of how this kind of coup tends to end badly.

3. To instigate true change you have to let things fail. Then re-elect afresh.

4. 2.5 years is an extremely small period of time to carry out your mandate. Impossible for anyone to achieve much especially with Covid sucking up 2 years.

As you may know I’m no fan. Boris was here because of Brexit. But personally I would stick with the elected incumbent who had one of largest popular mandates of living memory.

Last edited:
Back