• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Clement Lenglet

We all know how it works. If it was quick and easy - praise Paratici. Long protracted negotiations - blame Levy!

Agreed.

July 7th. Four signings in, for me three of them quality players. We're still a month away from the start of the season. Preseason training has started for some, but not all players. Still almost a week away from our first preseason friendly.

Some deals taking a bit longer... Chill.

If you believe all the reports he must have had his medical at my local hospital and is still waiting to see a doctor (overworked child).

It definitely feels to me that we’re either stalling on this either for 1) using as leverage in another deal that we really want 2) holding off for some social media plane-related high jinks

Obviously there could be other reasons, but this has felt done for a week now.

Hmmmm….

It definitely feels to me that we’re either stalling on this either for 1) using as leverage in another deal that we really want 2) holding off for some social media plane-related high jinks

Hmmmm….
Who was it that we had lined up at the same time as Bentancur? Can’t remember his name, but was a CM and seemed for most of Jan he was the front runner then the Bentancur rumours hotted up. Seems similar.

Hmmmm….

Widely reported that Paratici often works on multiple deals for the same position at the same time. Could be that we're working on someone else too that hasn't broken to the press yet.

Could also be that Barcelona are being a pain to work with (obviously they're well within their rights to be so if that's the case). They need to sell/loan, but are desperate for cash. He's on big wages, not necessarily a quick or easy deal.

Widely reported that Paratici often works on multiple deals for the same position at the same time. Could be that we're working on someone else too that hasn't broken to the press yet.

Could also be that Barcelona are being a pain to work with (obviously they're well within their rights to be so if that's the case). They need to sell/loan, but are desperate for cash. He's on big wages, not necessarily a quick or easy deal.
Exciting either way. I feel fairly confident this - and whoever the other target may be - and Spence will be flushed out in the next 48 hours.

Then it all gets a bit boring as we’ll likely have done most of our business for the summer!

I am really excited for this. 5 quality centrebacks. Back three from Dier/Romero/ Lenglet/davis/ sanchez.

Both BD and DS have stepped up under Conte - would like to keep Rodon too but reckon he needs 1st team football and he is unlikely to get it ahead of those 5.

We really look like we have a balanced squad with strength and depth for the first time in as long as I can remember.

I am really excited for this. 5 quality centrebacks. Back three from Dier/Romero/ Lenglet/davis/ sanchez.

Both BD and DS have stepped up under Conte - would like to keep Rodon too but reckon he needs 1st team football and he is unlikely to get it ahead of those 5.

We really look like we have a balanced squad with strength and depth for the first time in as long as I can remember.
The strength in depth of the defence doesn't look any different to last year?.

Who was it that we had lined up at the same time as Bentancur? Can’t remember his name, but was a CM and seemed for most of Jan he was the front runner then the Bentancur rumours hotted up. Seems similar.

The one I remember was getting a whole summer of Tomiyasu, and then Royal being announced out of nowhere.

I'm still holding out hope that something is going on with Inter and Bastoni, and that's why we've not finalised this one.

The strength in depth of the defence doesn't look any different to last year?.

The big difference for me would be having another left footed, clear LCB, ball playing option.

I don't think I can overstate how important it was for us in the second half of last season that Davies stayed fit for almost all of it. Having a right footed player, one that's at best average on the ball even with their stronger right foot, would have made us immediately significantly worse.

I also think Lenglet could be a good option for the central role, at the very least in some games.

That being said another quality CB option for CCB or RCB, or ideally one that can play both would also be a significant upgrade to our strength in depth. Has been rumours that Conte wants two new centre backs. If we sign Lenglet on a loan I don't think another is out of the question.

Back