• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Politics, politics, politics (so long and thanks for all the fish)

Well, a joke is something said to be funny.
Satire is a use of humour.
Ergo, satire is a form of joke.

The racial bit is, its core to what you were commenting upon. (was going to leave that - but I like pedantry too :D:D)

Satire is funny because it's making fun of someone, it's not a joke as in a story with a punchline.
This btw is a friendly discussion, not an argument :).

I ain't touching the racism thing, nothing to do with me, i don't find the original tweet offensive or whatever, it's a bit funny and get the point, not sure i could have been so polite about bj and his motley crew.

Looking at the politicians speak to one another in the house of Parliament in England is so strange compared to what it's like here. Making jokes about one another, laughing out loud, shouting and screaming, haha, it's complete mayhem. There'd be headlines if the politicians in the Norwegian parliament acted like that.

I quite like it though.

Get gone you fudging clam.

However, one turn of the Conservative party compost heap will reveal another crawling menagerie of ravenous fetid creatures

It is time for a proper convulsion in our country. No more Lords. No more tax havens and restrictions on family trusts, No Monarchy/ aristocracy and a huge raising of personal standards of all of those people who want to represent us.

Much much more meritocracy, and in particular, more woman in parliament and in control of the civil service.

Looking at the politicians speak to one another in the house of Parliament in England is so strange compared to what it's like here. Making jokes about one another, laughing out loud, shouting and screaming, haha, it's complete mayhem. There'd be headlines if the politicians in the Norwegian parliament acted like that.

I quite like it though.

I bet it’s entertaining from the outside. From the inside it’s embarrassing. Grown-ass men and women who are meant to representing the nation behaving like absolute clams.

I bet it’s entertaining from the outside. From the inside it’s embarrassing. Grown-ass men and women who are meant to representing the nation behaving like absolute clams.

It's odd, isn't it? I can't quite comprehend how a nation like England, with its traditions for royalty and nobility, etiquette and all that crap, can tolerate or even encourage politicians to shout and make fun of one another and expect to be taken seriously! It's bizarre! And surely, being such a circus much somehow color the actions of the people involved. You've got to see yourself as a clown at some level, I reckon, and hence take your job less seriously.

Just noticed my MP is amongst them. Yet even as late as this morning, his twitter profile pic was a photo of him and Boris. Others around him were resigning so I guess he's reading the waters.

Ah - just seen it was a shared resignation letter by a few ministers and far from scathing in tone. He has changed his profile pic though.
This is the rub tho, everyone from Sunak and javid down resigning out of “principle”…where were their principles when the government was being defrauded by tens of billions of pounds by friends of the tories? Or during party gate? Or following the sue gray report and bojo’s response to it???

sorry but the principle ship sailed along time ago mi laddios, so spare us the self righteous posturing an get the fudge out of public service and the public eye. clams

Last edited:

They all should be ashamed of themselves, said after the farce that when on in the house about the Brexit vote that we needed another Guy Fawks. The whole lot of them (all partys) are a disgrace.

It's odd, isn't it? I can't quite comprehend how a nation like England, with its traditions for royalty and nobility, etiquette and all that crap, can tolerate or even encourage politicians to shout and make fun of one another and expect to be taken seriously! It's bizarre! And surely, being such a circus much somehow color the actions of the people involved. You've got to see yourself as a clown at some level, I reckon, and hence take your job less seriously.

It’s infuriating. And anyone with a shred of wanting to make positive change is shouted down and laughed at by the usual suspects. They also hide behind the Speaker of the House like cowards when anyone dares to take them to task. You’re absolutely right, it is a circus.

Surely only a matter of time till he's gone, must really be as dumb as they say. Better to resign than be voted out.

We’re in 6th January territory now.

Cut from the same cloth those two idiots, nothing sticks to them and they are determined to stay in power no matter what. Only difference seems to be BoJo has more of an education and certainly a better vocabulary, sorry words - though all he does is pontificate and blunder his way through most things.

Surely only a matter of time till he's gone, must really be as dumb as they say. Better to resign than be voted out.

I think he will have to be frogmarched out. We’re in completely uncharted territory here. I don’t see him willingly leaving under any condition, including people knocking on the door with guns. He’d be scarface. He’s got no shame at all. Any other PM would have resigned by now. As much as I didn’t like David Cameron at the time, I have renewed admiration and respect for him. He said he would quit if he lost Brexit and he did, literally left on the same day. Didn’t fudge about. Kept to his word.

We’re in 6th January territory now.

I know what you mean but I don’t think he’s got enough hardcore support in the public.

His approval rating started under water and has only sunk lower since.

But this is bad. For the country, democracy.

Pushing this “14 million people voted for me” line. It’s dangerous.

I know what you mean but I don’t think he’s got enough hardcore support in the public.

His approval rating started under water and has only sunk lower since.

But this is bad. For the country, democracy.

Pushing this “14 million people voted for me” line. It’s dangerous.

He’s refusing to go and there is no constitutional precedent for what’s unfolding.

14 million people didn’t vote for him, of course - they voted for his party.

And 14 million means that most voters weren’t in favour of him.

Back